Batman Unmasked

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Keith Mayo

Batman Unmasked

Post by Keith Mayo »

I recently bought a copy of Will Brooker's "Batman Unmasked" and at this point have only read the portion that deals with the Classic Tv Series. I must say that it reads like a college text book and requires being read in a quiet room without distractions. Judging by the author's spelling I assume he's British which explains the scholarly intonements. The section discussing the show (Pop and Camp) takes up 77 pages of the books total 348 page count and goes into minute detail in several areas. The last few pages are similar to "The Caped Crusade" in that it discusses the chasm that separates the "purists" (comic book fanboys) and the group most of us on the board fall into. Also discussed in something I approached in an earlier post entitled "The Great Divide" namely the outlook on the show from those who saw it in first run and those who first saw it when it was in reruns in the 70's and 80's. If the rest of the book is anything like the "Pop and Camp" chapter, it was well worth the cost in the used book aftermarket and is highly recommended.
Attachments
Gold_seal_v2.png
9780826413437.jpg
9780826413437.jpg (36.83 KiB) Viewed 2120 times
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11