Party City Classic Batman costume

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
edmontonbat

Party City Classic Batman costume

Post by edmontonbat »

Has anyone seen/ordered this one yet? I can't even see who makes it. Curious how it compares to the Rubies Grand Heritage version.
https://www.partycity.com/mens-classic- ... 89396.html
Batfanman

Re: Party City Classic Batman costume

Post by Batfanman »

This "looks" to be a re-tool of the Rubies costume at a lower price. From looking at the pictures on the PC site, the belt buckle and possibly the pouches are not real photos - they appear to be computer or artist generated images. The cowl ears are very Waggnoner-esque and I'm not certain that the cowl face isn't enhanced for the photo but if it isn't, it looks much more carefully designed. That's about the best thing I can say about the cowl. They also didn't add enough skirting here so it's a gila-cowl. But I wouldn't put much faith in consistency between costumes given what happened w/ Rubies.

The colors still look wrong to me - they appear to be that light shade of blue that Rubies did so don't expect navy and you won't be disappointed.

If you order it, keep us posted w/ photos too.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
NotBruceWayne

Post by NotBruceWayne »

First off I was actually was able to buy the costume for $60 because of a coupon on the party city website, the costume itself is normally a steep $80. The costume comes in adult standard and adult plus size, mine as you see by the packaging was adult standard. I am 6 foot 1 and I can’t imagine the costume fitting anyone a few inches taller, it is a strain to put on and the zipper can be hard to reach but putting a bobby pin in the zipper solves that problem. The suit itself is very nice the only problem is the trunks are sewn in and there is a small portion of which they don’t cover which looks strange but is not visible at any real angle. The suit also came with a few popped stitches at the collar which are covered by the cape and cowl. The cape is better than expected and has allot of weight to it the only problem is that it is attached with Velcro and is not nearly wide enough so it doesn’t look the best. The cowl is pure weirdness and comes with a strange plastic faceshell that has three velcro tabs to attached to the hood of the cowl, in fact mine has an error and the eight side tends to look higher than the left also it is quite hot to wear and because the shell is so close to the face it tends to gather sweat. The gloves are surprisingly well made and are the same material as the cape they also surprisingly fit my giant hands which is a plus. Lastly the belt is made of a strange vinyl over a flexible piece of thin foam, the compartments actually open yet tend to look strange since they are wrinkly, the ‘buckle’ is made of what I believe to be resin and is shiny but not in a metallic way, the strangest thing is that it is attached with Velcro, who knows why. The belt itself secures in the back with Velcro and it is most often a strain to put on but wears nicely. The biggest atrocity is that it comes with boot covers which are always god awful and stand true in this case as well. Overall I bought the costume as a base because I didn’t want to pay high prices for the belt and cowl and it isn’t an awful costume but could use improvements. I do not own the rubie’s version but from reviews I know that it doesn’t tend to fit well so I bought this one and honestly it seems nicer.
Attachments
E852C29D-FED8-438B-9694-44BBA1911627.jpeg
Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Thanks for the info. Do you have more pix w/ cowl, cape and all? Also, did they do the color in the right shade of navy blue on trunks, cape, etc.?
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66