Behind the scenes footage on ebay!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Dan E Kool

Re: Behind the scenes footage on ebay!!!

Post by Dan E Kool »

Wow! Makes you wonder what might still be out there. If someone from the Board put an IdieGoGo together, I'd be interested in pitching in with the rest of you like Andy Fish suggested. Maybe upload the footage to YouTube and then donate the film to Wally Wingert's Hollywood Museum exhibit. I don't know what the legality of something like that might be (copyright?). Just stating an interest.

It sure is a lot of money, though. Especially since we know so little about what's actually on the film.
- Boy Genius
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Many years ago we had a similar find (I think it was on eBay as well) and put together a group amount to buy it-- we got outbid and the guy who won tried putting it out someway and it was 95% worthless material. Maybe one of you who've been around as long as I have (or longer) might remember. It's a hazy memory to me. But I remember thinking at the time we dodged a bullet.

Might be the same thing here.

I wouldn't be shocked if a blooper reel appeared someday-- it was standard procedure to save that footage and then run it at a cast party at the end of the season. I can't imagine that wasn't done. I'd asked Adam about it and he said he vaguely remembered that happening but it had been a lot of years.

Could be sitting in a vault, or it could have gotten tossed out. I'm with Dell, never underestimate the stupidity of large corporations or the government.
dell

Post by dell »

The offer makes it clear that it is stuff that was filmed for episodes. My guess is 90% is from scenes that were reshot and these are the rejects. And a little bit may be scenes that were shot, but cut out of the final version. The production versions are probably better than these scenes anyway. And without sound it isn't worth much to me.
dell
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

njboywonder wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:38 pm One hundred and twenty minutes of extremely rare footage but he also writes...
It appears as if much of the footage could have been used for the final takes...but without sound it's difficult to tell.

So the vast majority could be scenes from the series and without sound--for thousands of dollars.

For what he's asking, he should be educated regarding and fully disclosing what it is...

Brett
I can’t fully disclose what it is because I don’t know. I posted about the footage on a different thread. I obtained it from Forum member Bob Furmanek. The reels were tossed in a dumpster in the ‘80s and rescued by Bob. They have been stored ever since and not seen anywhere since presumably they were put on the reels.

I am a huge, HUGE fan of the show and have been for close to 50 years. I am not a fan that can recite every line, however, or can recall every scene. I am being honest when I write that some of the footage might be final takes but it’s also very possible it’s from different angles. For example, there is a scene of Commisioner Gordon passed out in Bruce Wayne’s study with Bruce, Dick and Alfred that is filmed from the right backside. I don’t remember this. Ring any bells? If it is from an episode, does my description align with the camera angle?

As to the starting bid amount...do you know how much it costs to transfer 5 large 35mm reels? Well...neither did I. I do now. I will tell you it was considerably more than I paid for the reels, and the reels weren’t cheap. I’m not trying to gouge collectors; I am hoping to break even.

In any event, there is 100% one-of-a-kind footage and perfectly clear. I made one copy of the footage for me and if the reels sell the winning bidder will be the only other person to see/own the footage. I will not be distributing it in any form if the reels sell. It will be the new owner’s decision on what to do with it.

Questions are welcomed.
High C

Post by High C »

BatMite wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:56 pm For example, there is a scene of Commissioner Gordon passed out in Bruce Wayne’s study with Bruce, Dick and Alfred that is filmed from the right backside. I don’t remember this. Ring any bells? If it is from an episode, does my description align with the camera angle?
Well, this clearly is from 'Wail of The Siren,' Joan Collins' lead guest-star turn. As aired, the Commish is on the left side of the screen, in the foreground, with Alfred, Dick and Bruce (left to right) farther away from the camera.

As a conservative estimate, I've probably watched this episode almost 1,000 times in my life so if, for instance, you tell me how Joan is positioned in a scene, I can tell you if that's how it aired.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Thank you. Joan is definitely in the footage, but I don’t recall if it’s on the same reel. I’ll check when I have time. I appreciate the episode identification!
High C

Post by High C »

BatMite wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:23 pm Thank you. Joan is definitely in the footage, but I don’t recall if it’s on the same reel. I’ll check when I have time. I appreciate the episode identification!
Congrats on getting a winning bid. I hope the sale goes/went well.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17