Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
TP-6597

Re: Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

Post by TP-6597 »

Awesome. Haven’t seen it yet in these parts, but I check weekly. In fact it’s been slim pickings for a while.

Funny you posted it today. I’m working on a screen-grab of the 2019 Mainline list and there are two Batmobiles without much (or any) info. I suspect that’s one of them. List tomorrow,
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Here are the 2019 Mainline Batmobiles according to two collector sites and the Hot Wheels wiki.
-------------------
Batman
1. Batman: The Animated Series Batmobile
2. Batmobile (2019) (17/250) 19NM
3. 1966 Classic TV Series Batmobile
4. The Dark Knight Batmobile
5. Justice League Batmobile (66/250)

Under a separate series called Screen Time - cars inspired by film & TV, they have this listed (there are 10 this year);

3. Batmobile

---------------------

They have no information on it at all other than the name. They have little else on the one in the top series either, but since that one is shown to be the TV show Batmobile, I suspect it's the one Batpoles! bought yesterday. When I cross-refenced with other HW sites, no one had any info on the Screen Time Batmobile other than confirming there is one coming.

One site did show it as the die-casting of The Brave and the Bold Batmobile, so that might mean it's the Scooby Doo car. That's an awfully thin lead though. They may have done that as a guess based on that one set of photos making the rounds. We'll see eventually.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Yeah, that new silver’66 Batmobile is nice. It’s in the E case and all the stores here are stuck on the D or earlier cases. I’m hoping it shows up soon.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Just saw this a few moments ago on Orange Track Diecast.
https://orangetrackdiecast.com/2019/01/ ... neak-peek/

Someone got an early F case and this was in it. Man the shelves are bare in my parts. Probably won’t see it for a while, but at least I know it’s headed our way this year. :D

Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Cool. So, now I have three Batmobiles to still find this year. This one, the silver ‘66 and chrome ‘89.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Your chrome 89 is on my radar. I look every time I go to a store that carries them. I feel like it will have to turn up sooner of later. The big grocery store I go to has some last minute items at each register; Chapstick, tiny Purcell, candy bars, gum, etc. They also have a peg that has usually 2 or 3 Hot Wheels. I also check those. I’m convinced that’s where the hidden gems will eventually show up.

Whenever I’m going register to register I get the feeling people are looking at me thinking... “why is that guy going to each register? They all have the same candy and Chapstick”

Maybe so. But they don’t all have the same two Hot Wheels. :D
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Thanks buddy, I appreciate that. The chrome ‘89 is a Walmart Exclusive. Good idea to check stores other than Walmart and Target as I often find a hidden gem at the Publix grocery store near our house.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

There wasn’t anything by the registers tonight (taken about 45 minutes ago), but I’ll find one if it’s out here. :D

Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

TP-6597 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:29 pm There wasn’t anything by the registers tonight (taken about 45 minutes ago), but I’ll find one if it’s out here. :D

Now that’s some spectacular retail merchandising. :lol:
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

TP-6597 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:29 pm There wasn’t anything by the registers tonight (taken about 45 minutes ago), but I’ll find one if it’s out here. :D

What store is that? That HW is on a Short Card, which is typically used for markets outside the US.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

I remember you mentioning in the past that short cards were for overseas, so I was surprised to see them here.
The grocery chain is HEB, very big player here in Texas.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Found it!

After numerous Walmart visits, I finally found one.....and I mean one. I always find all the other vehicles in this series, but never the chrome 1989 Batmobile (my second favorite Bat ride). Now, I just need to find the silver 1966 and Mystery Machine Batmobiles.

TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Dude - Awesome! Man, that looks fantastic. Is it a Treasure Hunt? I’ll still keep a lookout just in case. There must be others somewhere. I love those singular finds when you least expect them. Well done, sir.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Thanks! No, not a TH, but certainly a hard one to find in the wild, at least in my area. Every Walmart I visited would have about only five or six cars from this exclusive series on the pegs but never the chrome ‘89. It’s always “The Bat” (the most useless Batman HW IMO) and one or two of the others. I reckon folks are buying them up, since they’re pretty nice looking, and selling on eBay. Also, as it’s the 30th anniversary, it’s a popular vehicle. The Bat.....not a popular vehicle. :lol:
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Found this at Walmart. It’s a premium line with real rubber wheels (Real Riders) and a metal body & base). Nice detail and very heavy for a Hot Wheel.