Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
TP-6597

Re: Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

Post by TP-6597 »

Hot Wheels was excluded from that licensing switch.
https://batman-news.com/2019/05/24/matt ... ategories/
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

A coworker gifted me this vintage Corgi Batmobile earlier today. This is the same guy who made me the birthday card I posted last year. This was in a box of Batman collectibles he purchased. He came to my office and said he had enough Batmobiles and knew I was a collector. He’s aware of the value, but was more interested in all the original Mego characters and a piece that came with a box of cereal.

Anyway, I figured I’d never actually see a Corgi in person, only pictures in articles, blogs, and here. Then, just like that, I have an awesome example sitting on my desk right now.

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That’s really nice. A little Sharpie touchup on the underside edges and it’s good as new. You can get painted figures to drop in there, and a 1/64 Corgi display of the 1/43 box to really dress it up.
EBB35B04-F7C4-48FB-AE40-F1B5805C714D.jpeg
EBB35B04-F7C4-48FB-AE40-F1B5805C714D.jpeg (78.32 KiB) Viewed 42840 times
Or the original Corgi Jr box
67E98C62-8CE9-4DBB-8CFB-EBC7A32E4F81.jpeg
67E98C62-8CE9-4DBB-8CFB-EBC7A32E4F81.jpeg (32.5 KiB) Viewed 42867 times
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Is that box a reproduction that’s for sale somewhere or are there high-res jpgs I can download and make my own?

It’s only missing Robin. Batman is in there, just hard to see.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

These are on eBay.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Went to Target today to look for Hot Wheels. Man, slim pickings is an understatement. They only had maybe 8 pegs and only a few cars on each. No Batmobiles.

However, they did have this 1/24 scale metal Batmobile. It was very nice looking and nicely detailed. If I had to guess, maybe two pounds, about 8” long, Batman was only standing up, with Robin only sitting inside. Still, for these larger metal cars, it was nice. So was the Bandit below it. I’d be happy with both (huge Smokey and the Bandit fan).

John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Notice how Robin has the Batphone in his hand, yet the Batphone is still hung up in the car? Lol. Still a nice find.
Music. BAT! Music.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Haven’t been on the hunt for a long time, but I stumbled on this 1966 TV Series Batmobile, which is part of Hot Wheels 2020 Batman series. Has red interior, red rocket launchers, and a red bat logo on the hood/bonnet.

TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Man, I haven’t been in a non-food store in months. Keeping tabs on a Facebook Hot Wheels group I’m in though. With a little luck, the racks aren’t getting picked clean while I sit on the bench for a bit. I like that 66 take alot. Hoping I can find it soon. I check on the few trips I’ve made to the grocery store. No Batman, but did find a He-Man I was looking for, so product is coming in still.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Blue Meanie wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:09 pm Haven’t been on the hunt for a long time, but I stumbled on this 1966 TV Series Batmobile, which is part of Hot Wheels 2020 Batman series. Has red interior, red rocket launchers, and a red bat logo on the hood/bonnet.

That’s a nice Corgi Jr Batmobile tribute, sort of a tip of the cowl...
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Lou Szabo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:58 am
Blue Meanie wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:09 pm Haven’t been on the hunt for a long time, but I stumbled on this 1966 TV Series Batmobile, which is part of Hot Wheels 2020 Batman series. Has red interior, red rocket launchers, and a red bat logo on the hood/bonnet.

That’s a nice Corgi Jr Batmobile tribute, sort of a tip of the cowl...
You know, it sure is. Good eye.

I love Corgi's, but I've gotta say that that HW did good on this one.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

love Corgi's, but I've gotta say that that HW did good on this one.
[/quote]

The Hot Wheels version they actually scanned in the original car so its proportional and in scale. The red interior 2020 is my favorite version but the Corgi has its own charm too. I just bought one still on the card.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

If you buy a second one, eBay has the 1/43 Corgi Box in 1/64 scale, just for the fun of it!
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Today I found the new Batcopter in the colors of Batgirl ‘66.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Neat find on the Batmobile's, I just ordered three off eBay. It does look exactly like the Corgi Jr which I coincidently just found at an antique toy store last weekend.

On the rare occasion I visit Wal*Mart (even less now that they stopped selling ammunition) I usually swing through the Hotwheels section because my eight year old neighbor has a pretty big collection and I add to it. I saw the helicopter yesterday and didn't put together that it was Batgirl colored.