Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
TP-6597

Re: Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

Post by TP-6597 »

Found another silver ‘66, but nothing else. Hot Wheels are slow to make it out to the Texas hill country. ;)
I’ll leave this one in the package for a while in case anyone needs one. I’m guessing the F case with the Scooby Doo Batmobile must be on the way out here. I plan on buying every one I can get my hands on.

Blue, it seems like forever ago that you posted that prototype pic. :D
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Yeah, all the stores in my area were stuck on cases A to D. It was painful constantly checking the stores and still finding nothing week after week. Keep looking and I believe the Batman Scooby mobile is also in the G case.

The next Batmobile up is one of those modern tank contraptions. Think I’ll pass.

Happy HW hunting!
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Well, we got this new casting in blue in the A and B cases. Now we get it in grey in the J case.

TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Man, that looks way better in silver. Now I have two to hunt for. Went to a different store a few days ago and still nothing beyond the E case (I think).
:(
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Keep hunting. Went into my Target today and they’re on the F case. Found the blue Dark Knight Batmobile. I don’t like the modern tank Batmobiles and told myself I was going to not buy it if / when I saw one. Well..........I caved. Hey, it’s only a buck.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

There have been some nice customs on ebay. Nice color variations on this 66 Batmobile.

Also found a neat video on removing the blister pack, and removing acetone, in case you want to try your hand at customizing
Acetone on the backside of the blister card will loosen the adhesive in minutes
EOL by Testors will remove tampos without affecting the paint. Good thing I saw the autocorrect version, yikes

https://youtu.be/u6boerzXMro
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Frenchy1939

Post by Frenchy1939 »

With all the beautiful Batmobiles posted on this diecast thread, I just took leave of my senses....I went out to eBay and bought a Corgi Juniors Batmobile!

I look forward to a side by side comparison with the Hot Wheels 1:64 Batmobile.

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

You should add a Corgi Jr repro box. There are a ton of Corgi parts on eBay now
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Frenchy1939 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:07 pm With all the beautiful Batmobiles posted on this diecast thread, I just took leave of my senses....I went out to eBay and bought a Corgi Juniors Batmobile!

Congrats. I have a real soft spot for Corgi cars as they were the diecasts I grew up with. Sure
I had Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, but Corgis were my favorites.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Frenchy1939 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:07 pm With all the beautiful Batmobiles posted on this diecast thread, I just took leave of my senses....I went out to eBay and bought a Corgi Juniors Batmobile!

That thing is fantastic!
To me, the 60s era toys may have lacked a bit of today’s attention to screen-correct detail, but they more than make up for it with their honesty. That was designed and sold as a kid’s toy - not a high priced, limited production collectible.
Frenchy1939

Post by Frenchy1939 »

That’s it exactly! The toys captured the spirit of the Batman TV show and comics! I had that car as a kid. (Thanks Mom and Dad!) What I really want to do now is buy some Hot Wheels tracks, send it down and watch it in action, ha ha! I’m almost certain I raced mine as a kid. Corgi cars, Matchbox, all got smoked by Hot Wheels cars because they weren’t really made for racing but everybody did it anyway.

Great memories!

Some of you may find these Batmobile Hot Wheels racing videos somewhat amusing. My wife and kids are going to think I’ve lost my mind but I want to buy some track like this!!!

https://youtu.be/xmX8isPz6UA

https://youtu.be/NwPs-N5N4Gc
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Fun videos Frenchy. Love it that The Real Batmobile wins in the first video. :-)
Frenchy1939

Post by Frenchy1939 »

Blue Meanie wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:48 pm Fun videos Frenchy. Love it that The Real Batmobile wins in the first video. :-)
Yes, I knew you guys would like that! Well, I can add this excellent Corgi Juniors Batmobile to my Bat-arsenal! I remember it as a kid. Here’s a little comparison to the Hot Wheels version (slightly flawed - note the flawed symbol & pinstripes)

tanino008

Post by tanino008 »

Awesome Find!!!

I love the Corgi and Corgi Junior line.
Try looking for the Husky Batmobile as well, is the first edition and is an incredible piece made in the 60s has a moving flame and comes with Batman and Robin painted.

The peculiar thing that Husky/Corgi made was that they released several versions, almost the same but sometimes certain things change.
For example the first Batmobile made in 1/64 was the Husky line, later when the company change their name to Corgi the re-released it and underneath instead of having the name Husky they added an sticker that saids CORGI JUNIORS and years later they came out with the 3rd and final version called WHIZZWHEELS BATMOBILE, that on the base of the car it did not have Batman but instead they had the name. On the back they added a pin to the Hitch instead of the hole that the other 2 prior editions had.

Years later they came out with the version that you have, the one I love, it was the first one I ever owned.
In the 90s I learned that they made a few of them here in New York and underneath and on the middle they had written NATIONAL PERIODICAL PUBLICATIONS, I remember buying from a famous store that moved to Japan and he was always looking for that particular model.
Great find.
Feel free to visit my page
https://www.facebook.com/gamcanal04
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Coming in the Hot Wheels Mainline L case is the ’66 TV Series Batmobile in black w/ blue flames.