FTC '66 batcave: should I?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
vintagematt

FTC '66 batcave: should I?

Post by vintagematt »

Now I'm looking to Maybe buy myself a little Christmas gift, and I've been looking at the figures toy company classic tv series batcave and, since there are no clear reviews on YouTube, I would appreciate it if I could hear what you guys think of it! Should I, or is my money better spent elsewhere?
Thanks, THE BATPHONE! :D
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
John Mack

Re: FTC '66 batcave: should I?

Post by John Mack »

My problems would be, 1, where to display it. It's pretty big, and 2, should I open it. Sorry, not much help, I know.
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

I was tempted but it comes with a bonus 8" FTC Batman figure and I already have two of those. (What tempted me with the Teen Titans' van playset was the cool comics-accurate, exclusive Wonder Girl that came with it!)
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

That is cool, but THIS Batcave looks like the TV series one, and has the 66 Batsiginal unlike the Mego one from the 70's. Hard call here Batphone. I say, if you like it and have room for it, go for it. If the cost is too much for what you think you're getting, skip it.
Music. BAT! Music.
svl

Post by svl »

If it cost what the original Mego Batcave cost (a whopping $15.99) I'd jump all over it.

http://www.megomuseum.com/megolibrary/department/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

When the original Batcave was release for $15.99 an entry level car was about $1995 plus options. That car is 10 time more expensive. I thought the rerelease of the original was a steal at $79.99 and sold it when this 1966 version was announced. I never displayed it because the Fatory Entertainment Batcave shipped shortly afterward, and that is displayed. I don’t know your financial situation is, but I thought it was a great buy for a 1966 fan who enjoyed the Mego products. If you are obsessed with accuracy or investment, it’s not for you. My tastes run the gamut, my wallet, sadly does not, so I pick the items that make me smile with fond memories of what was and what could have been, if that makes sense.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna get the cave. It just give some me this nostagic feeling looking at it, it's something I would have loved as a little kid watching reruns on Tv! Thanks for the input!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
svl

Post by svl »

Good point, Sza, but in the year 2018 cardboard & laminate at that pricepoint versus the materials available today just doesn't work math-wise for me.

I personally think the Factory Cave is a better value for the price tag, even though it is steep.