is Batgirl styrene still in the works?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rajung

is Batgirl styrene still in the works?

Post by rajung »

Anyone with insight know if the Moebius Batgirl figure " plastic" is still in the works or was the resin released one it?
Nothing under the website is listed
John Mack

Re: is Batgirl styrene still in the works?

Post by John Mack »

Oh, you bet it is! Moebius just released the Joker, and has no intention of ending things without Batgirl for the diorama. Moebius was sold to Pegasus hobbies. I spoke with the new owners, and all is well in Batmodel land.
Music. BAT! Music.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

John Mack wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:14 pm Oh, you bet it is! Moebius just released the Joker, and has no intention of ending things without Batgirl for the diorama. Moebius was sold to Pegasus hobbies. I spoke with the new owners, and all is well in Batmodel land.
Thanks for the update John! Good to know!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

John Mack wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:14 pm Oh, you bet it is! Moebius just released the Joker, and has no intention of ending things without Batgirl for the diorama. Moebius was sold to Pegasus hobbies. I spoke with the new owners, and all is well in Batmodel land.
Sold to Pegasus...what prompted that? Moebius having financial difficulties?
Beneath Wayne Manor
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:14 pm
I'm sure money had something to do with it lol :lol:
Music. BAT! Music.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

John Mack wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:39 pm
BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:14 pm
I'm sure money had something to do with it lol :lol:
Well, selling a company could mean the business was failing and someone made an offer, or those who own the company could have grown tired of it all and wanted out with the idea of making a last profit. That's why I'm wondering about Moebius: over the years, they had announced all kinds of "forthcoming" kits that never made it to production, while some released kits did not sell as expected, so it leads to the idea that they were suffering and wanted out.
Beneath Wayne Manor
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

The first thing I did upon hearing the news early this year was contact Pegasus and ask if the 66 kits were going to continue. They were very forthcoming about the details, but I never asked details about the reasons behind the sale. They seem to be extremely open about things, so if you contact them I'm sure you'll get some sort of an answer.
Music. BAT! Music.