Jada 1/18 Batmobile

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: Jada 1/18 Batmobile

Post by Therin of Andor »

Keith Mayo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:36 am I've heard the Red vs Orange debate so many times over the years, I couldn't count them all. Yes, it originally was orange BUT as Andy pointed out, it filmed red.
Same tone as "Star Trek": the bridge safety rails and the front of the helm/navigation console. They look red on TV but were apparently quite orange in real life.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Therin of Andor wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:10 am
Keith Mayo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:36 am I've heard the Red vs Orange debate so many times over the years, I couldn't count them all. Yes, it originally was orange BUT as Andy pointed out, it filmed red.
Same tone as "Star Trek": the bridge safety rails and the front of the helm/navigation console. They look red on TV but were apparently quite orange in real life.
Kirk's shirt too-- not to mention Adam's cowl-- to me it should be purple, not navy.

I got the Jada Batmobile-- it's a nice piece. The figures are really cool, and almost worth the price of the car. The lights are a neat addition, it's a shame there is no sound and no way to get the lights to turn on without lifting the car and throwing the switch. The Diamond Select Lost iN Space Robot has a neat little button on the side-- when you press it he lights up and gives you a random bit of his robotty wisdom from the show. I press that one every morning as I plunk down in my studio.

This is cool, definitely shy of 1/18 scale-- it measure out at about 10 3/4 long. It's heavy and it rolls but the wheels don't turn, which is no biggie to me but someone might care. The trunk, hood and doors open. Robin can stand in his seat, but Batman is left out. Is it worth $60? I guess so, since that's what you're going to pay for it if you want one (I looked around). Sound would have been nice.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Well, heck....here I go again. The last thing I need is ANOTHER Batmobile lol. Some (my wife included) think I'm silly for buying a Batmobile just to get the figures. It's a little more than that, however it does appear that way to people around me, as I've commented on the figures more so than the car.
Music. BAT! Music.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Here is a good interior shot of the interior of the JADA 1:18 w/ lights
Attachments
jadainterior1.jpg
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

and a link for a full size montage of details on this Bat
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/ ... g~original