The Ultimate Guide TO Batman

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Keith Mayo

The Ultimate Guide TO Batman

Post by Keith Mayo »

Snagged this most excellent magazine at Walmart tonight. LOTS of coverage of Adam & Burt.
Attachments
52641276_10214706237477990_4191970505613377536_n.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
BatMite

Re: The Ultimate Guide TO Batman

Post by BatMite »

Hopefully it’s available at stores other than Walmart as I’d like to snag a copy.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Despite the fact it has Batfleck's Charcoal Briquette-Man as the cover's mainstay I'll pick it up for Adam and the other Batmen.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Yellow Oval wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:49 am Despite the fact it has Batfleck's Charcoal Briquette-Man as the cover's mainstay I'll pick it up for Adam and the other Batmen.
Ironic it hit the stands the day after he announced he's done, eh?
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Got around to reading this magazine last night and I'm most impressed. I've read every book and magazine out there covering the history of Batman and except for scant information on the Columbia serials, this magzine is the best source of facts I've seen. Because it covers 80 years of history there's not much detail, but what information it contains is the most accurate I've seen - especially how it covers the Kane/Finger situation. They really come down hard on Kane for his treatment of Finger. Heck, they even mention Jerry Bails and give credit to him and Jerry Robinson for bringing Finger's co-creator status to light in the early 60's.

Tons of great photos and coverage of every iteration of Batman (with the exception of the serials) coupled with getting the facts straight makes for enjoyable reading.

One warning though. It repeats the "the sets were destroyed"" rumor without contributing it to Ms. Craig which I'm sure will upset some.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

I would have considered just browsing through this, if not for the revelation that the serials did not get much coverage. I already have too many books on the history of every version of Batman from every medium--except the serials. They were historic (being the 1st live action adaptation of the Bat characters, of course) and a memorable entry in the sub-genre of movie serials. Why the serials did not receive much attention here is very disappointing.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Lewis Wilson gets a shout out with a large photo and one tiny one of Robert Lowery. They seem to be concentrating on films and tv live action. The cartoons are covered much.
batboat66

Post by batboat66 »

Friend of mine bought it for me,( been looking have not seen any copies ) and dropped it off last night. Pretty good read, then i came across this picture of batman slugging it out! turns out, that guy who's getting a fist is non other than stuntman Charlie Picerni ( who double for Cliff Robertson) and turns up in several Batman episodes -mostly as a henchmen....AND was Guinea pig # 5 ( from the 66 movie )
great guy!!! been in a lot of films and tv.... amazing body of work, ever get to met him, do it.... he's got stories!!
nice mag to add to the ever growing Bat library....
Attachments
20190218_161735.jpg
20190218_161706.jpg
rajung

Post by rajung »

BatMite wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:46 pm Hopefully it’s available at stores other than Walmart as I’d like to snag a copy.
Seen it at my Barnes & Noble today, directly behind me on a small section with other magazines as I was searching for it at the larger racks.