Does anyone recognize this watch?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AceFrehley1977

Does anyone recognize this watch?

Post by AceFrehley1977 »

Hello! I purchased this watch about thirty years ago from a collector's shop. I seem to recall paying around $100 for it (I could be mistaken). It's been sitting in a box ever since. I've recently started purging out a lot of old stuff, and came across this. I've found nothing about this company or seen anything on-line about this watch. The company, Ego Time, Inc has a Michigan address, where I was living at the time, so it may be a case it was made and sold locally. It looks professionally made, but I've never seen another one like it.

I'm not sure if it's a children's watch. The band is plastic, but is long enough to fit an adult.

Has anyone ever seen this watch before?
Attachments
IMG_1241.jpg
John Mack

Re: Does anyone recognize this watch?

Post by John Mack »

In 1989, with the new Batman movie coming out, several 1966 items came out including but not limited to: remake Topps Batman artwork card set, CD issue of the TV soundtrack and Neal Hefti's studio album, t shirts with the 66 logo, and yes, the watch you have. Not sure you paid $100 for it. Sounds a bit steep.
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

Re: Does anyone recognize this watch?

Post by Therin of Andor »

Ego-Time, Inc. only lasted for three years and seemed to fade out after the rush of 1989 merchandise dissipated, like so many others.

I am wearing a 1989 movie tie-in watch here!

Battalion's Utility Belt No 1 by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)