Hamilton Collection Batman sculpture

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
danbar

Hamilton Collection Batman sculpture

Post by danbar »

In case you haven't seen this, they are taking orders for this light-up sculpture at The Hamilton Collection. I imagine it will only get produced if they receive sufficient orders. It has a higher price-tag, but looks very cool. And in my opinion, the sculpture really captures the feel of the show. Here is a photo along with the information listed on The Hamilton Collection's website:

BATMAN Classic TV Series-Inspired Sculpture Lights Up
Holy Bombs Away, BATMAN! Sculpture
You're among the first to see this brand-new item from The Hamilton Collection Online. Quantities are limited, so hurry to reserve yours today!
Measures 13" W x 13-1/2" H
Batman bombs away figurine.png
Batman bombs away figurine.png (258.88 KiB) Viewed 22532 times
NJ_Batfan

Re: Hamilton Collection Batman sculpture

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Wow! 140 views, but no comments?

Is the Hamilton Collection affiliated with the Bradford Exchange? This piece has the same Photoshopped illustration that accompanies their releases and the results there are often disappointing when compared to the artwork. That said, it is an involved piece that depicts Julie Newmar's Catwoman in her first team-up with the other members of the franchise leaders (discounting the Dr. Cassandra episode and the 66 comics). I would wait to see an actual release before purchasing at that price point. I realize that does nothing to get it produced, but apprehensions about quality combined with limited display space around the NJ Batcave would
make that a soft maybe.

FWIW, I looked at the Bradford website and did not see this piece, although I noticed they are adding Batman coins to their wares.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Well, I was going to reply but everything that has been said has been said. I'd wait to see the actual product. These place must all be linked somehow:
Bradford Exchange
Hamilton
Aston Drake
They all seem to look the same

And not sure what the deal is with the coins? What are these made of? And I doubt they are going to look like photographs either. They'll be painted I'm sure.
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Here's a link to the order page: HAMILTON BATMAN FIGURE

The concept is a good one, if I'm being a stickler I'd say it would have been better to have this be Lee and use an actual deathtrap but overall I think it captures the feel of the show and the movie.

Not a sale for me unless I see some actual photographs.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Yes, it's all linked to Bradford Exchange. I tried to have a look but as usual with all things up here in Happy Maple Leaf Land, anything U.S. Bradford-related gets rerouted to their boring Bradford X Canadian site. I mean BORING! If you're not big on the NHL than there's nothing to see! :roll:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
danbar

Post by danbar »

They offer the option of 5-installment payments, which is helpful. You can get it home after the 1st installment and see it in person that way. They say that you can return for a full refund for any reason ("satisfaction guaranteed, free returns within 365 days), which I have found to be true in my experience. I have returned a couple of items, one because it arrived broken and one because I was unhappy with the quality. Returns were very easy. Anyway, I have one on order. If they produce the item and I receive it, I will post pictures.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

The offer has disappeared. Did anyone order this?
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I ordered 2. It was my favorite thing they had shown so far. Sad they bailed on it only after having it up a few weeks.
danbar

Post by danbar »

Strange! This item was pulled off of the site pretty quickly, so I assume they scrapped plans to produce the sculpture. Today I received a postcard from The Hamilton Collection stating that there is a shipping delay on this item, they now expect it to ship on 4/14/20. I'll let you all know if I really end up receiving it.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

It looks like they've added a pair of Batmobiles, traditional and a cute Precious moments version. I like the backdrop for the traditional one, but, again, I would wait to see actual photos before ordering and being disappointed with the quality.

https://www.hamiltoncollection.com/search/batman.html
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I got the same card that it’s been delayed. I really hope it happens because I love this piece. Like the 1966 movie I always dreamed of (Julie as Catwoman)
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I got the same card that it’s been delayed. I really hope it happens because I love this piece. Like the 1966 movie I always dreamed of (Julie as Catwoman)
BaysideBatman

Post by BaysideBatman »

Did anyone ever get this in hand? Would love to to see if!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

See Jimmy L comments in the latest thing I bought. He posted pictures...

Click here;
viewtopic.php?p=73660#p73660
And here
viewtopic.php?p=73653#p73653
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BaysideBatman

Post by BaysideBatman »

Thanks Lou! That helped me for sure. I've recently been building up my '66 collection and saw this and thought it was a must have, but the pictures kind of deterred me. VERY cool concept, but the facepaint seems typical of what I've seen from Bradford Exchange/Hamilton Collection.