Hamilton Collection Batman sculpture

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: Hamilton Collection Batman sculpture

Post by Ben Bentley »

BaysideBatman wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 pm Thanks Lou! That helped me for sure. I've recently been building up my '66 collection and saw this and thought it was a must have, but the pictures kind of deterred me. VERY cool concept, but the facepaint seems typical of what I've seen from Bradford Exchange/Hamilton Collection.
In my opinion this is indicative of the same basic issue that plagues all of the Bradford/Hamilton product we have seen which is this: they simply cannot produce the quality of pieces at the price point they are selling them at. This results in an endless procession of bait and switch scenarios with really cool CG concept art that ultimately doesn't stand a chance at the quality/pricepoint/profit margain that they are operating at.
High C

Post by High C »

It's 'sheer gall' by Hamilton...
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

High C wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:05 pm It's 'sheer gall' by Hamilton...
I was litearlly counting down until that joke made it's appearance... :lol:
BaysideBatman

Post by BaysideBatman »

Agreed! They should decrease the scale and/or complexity of their offerings and concentrate on quality
antman67

Post by antman67 »

I wish I could afford this stuff.
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

So, as promised, i present a whole bunch of pictures of the Bat Bomb statue. I think i managed to capture the feel of the peice with soime lighting and close ups, but it still falls flat for me.
First let me say I know a lot of people worked really hard on this and I don't want to stuff on their efforts.
However, as Ben pointed out...
Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:24 pm

In my opinion this is indicative of the same basic issue that plagues all of the Bradford/Hamilton product we have seen which is this: they simply cannot produce the quality of pieces at the price point they are selling them at. This results in an endless procession of bait and switch scenarios with really cool CG concept art that ultimately doesn't stand a chance at the quality/pricepoint/profit margain that they are operating at.
The design and composition of the concept art looks aces, but the actual product not so much- for me.
The likenesses are way off, and the paint jobs are really sloppy in more than a few places.
Attachments
IMG_7595.JPG
IMG_7599.JPG
IMG_7588.JPG
IMG_7583.JPG
IMG_7582.JPG
IMG_7581.JPG
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Batman is pretty bad all over, IMO.
Bib is weird, Face is weird, Stray paint stroke on his chest- they are all over the statue, but this one is very obvious. why would they not fix one right on his chest?- his chest logo is pretty close though.
The fuse lights up, but barely. I thought the match lit up as well, but no.
Joker looks like he has braces.
most figures are sloppy around the feet with glue and paint.
here is a link to a dropbox with over 50 more shots- close ups & turn arounds- if you care to look more.
bat bomb photos
I look forward to your observations.
Attachments
IMG_7553.JPG
IMG_7548.JPG
IMG_7568.JPG
IMG_7571.JPG
IMG_7578.JPG
IMG_7576.JPG
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:43 am So, as promised, i present a whole bunch of pictures of the Bat Bomb statue. I think i managed to capture the feel of the peice with soime lighting and close ups, but it still falls flat for me.
First let me say I know a lot of people worked really hard on this and I don't want to stuff on their efforts.
However, as Ben pointed out...
Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:24 pm

The design and composition of the concept art looks aces, but the actual product not so much- for me.
The likenesses are way off, and the paint jobs are really sloppy in more than a few places.
Thanks for the additional closeups and first hadn insight JL. IMO it seems that The Riddler is probably the nicest overall finish on your version, between paint and sculpt.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

even the Authentication sticker on the bottom is sloppy and had a "used" appearance.
I am not sure if you can see them, but there are a lot of scratches on the base and on the sticker itself.
not a huge deal, but it doesn't help.- now, back to the hair dryer.
It is probably worth noting that this was a gift, I feel like I would be more disappointed if I had shelled out for it.
I do like the poses on everyone, except Robin.
Batman's pose is similar to the Sideshow statue, which I love.
Attachments
IMG_7527.JPG
IMG_7525.JPG
BaysideBatman

Post by BaysideBatman »

Thanks for the updated photos! I really do love this concept and some of it is well done. Dynamic posting on some characters, bodysculpts etc, but as everyone else has pointed out, at the price point and advertised photos, they really needed to clean up the paint apps. Someone who paints well could probably clean this up really nicely.