SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

Post by AndyFish »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:15 pm Absolutely a brilliant piece, the Sideshow is #1 but unobtainable, for me. I love my Neca, and I seem to remember some pics of your upgrade Andy, and it was spectacular. The new Mezco Batman reminds me of the Manga version, but I am excited about the Alfred and Villains in the set.
Wow- it DOES look like the Jiro Kuwata Batman manga version. Although Kuwata made his Batman athletic, I think it's the softness of all these Batman figures that loses me. Adam was never pudgy in his prime.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

So which arrives first?
- Mezco Five Points Figure set
- Funko Second Wave (ha- I kid, despite their assurances they've clearly lost the license)
- McFarlane '66 Figures and Playsets
- Hot Toys Joker, Batmobile or Batgirl

Are there any other promised (sorta) '66 items that we are still "waiting" for? Some of them have been straight up-- Mattel said at the get go this was a fan thing done by their designers, they had the license briefly and released what they did never promising anything further. Funko claimed right up until the Mezco announcement that the second wave was coming.

I have faith in Mezco doing a single wave, but their track record for anything beyond one is very weak. They did a first appearance Superman which was quite similar to the upcoming Fleischer Bros one, and there was talk of Batman and Wonder Woman following that but it never happened. I'm still not on the Mezco boat-- if they had done individual figures I might have bought a Batman and a Joker but I don't need a whole (atomic) pile of figures like Alfred (??)-- if they had an Alfred in the batsuit maybe you could pry my wallet open.

So whaddya think? Mezco first promised April and now it says July-- McFarlane is in his office with boxes already so that would tell me they've landed, but I don't see any preorders anywhere. Everything else I'd say is off the table, but as Sean Connery once said, never say never.
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:44 am
So whaddya think? Mezco first promised April and now it says July-- McFarlane is in his office with boxes already so that would tell me they've landed, but I don't see any preorders anywhere. Everything else I'd say is off the table, but as Sean Connery once said, never say never.
Without knowing the inner working of each company, their project budgets, and supply line difficulties, I wouldn't venture a guess.

I just hope Mezco comes out soon as I prefer the vintage articulation and sizing. They should go well with the Funko set.
Jeff Cope

Post by Jeff Cope »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:44 am So whaddya think? Mezco first promised April and now it says July-- McFarlane is in his office with boxes already so that would tell me they've landed, but I don't see any preorders anywhere. Everything else I'd say is off the table, but as Sean Connery once said, never say never.
The packaged product we’ve seen from McFarlane is most likely pre-production samples. They’re virtually production figures, but it’s the final approval step prior to going into full blown mass production.

Mezco is a) notoriously slow and b) not very forthcoming with where there products are in the production pipeline. Basically, they announce them, we wait and wait and eventually they ship.

It’s very possible we’ll have the McFarlane figures in hand before Mezco’s. I hope not, but I wouldn’t be surprised!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:44 am So which arrives first?
- Mezco Five Points Figure set
- Funko Second Wave (ha- I kid, despite their assurances they've clearly lost the license)
- McFarlane '66 Figures and Playsets
- Hot Toys Joker, Batmobile or Batgirl

Are there any other promised (sorta) '66 items that we are still "waiting" for? Some of them have been straight up-- Mattel said at the get go this was a fan thing done by their designers, they had the license briefly and released what they did never promising anything further. Funko claimed right up until the Mezco announcement that the second wave was coming.

I have faith in Mezco doing a single wave, but their track record for anything beyond one is very weak. They did a first appearance Superman which was quite similar to the upcoming Fleischer Bros one, and there was talk of Batman and Wonder Woman following that but it never happened. I'm still not on the Mezco boat-- if they had done individual figures I might have bought a Batman and a Joker but I don't need a whole (atomic) pile of figures like Alfred (??)-- if they had an Alfred in the batsuit maybe you could pry my wallet open.

Here’s my guess (tin foil marketing cap firmly in place)
1. McFarlane 66 First wave....

2. Jazz inc 1/6 Batmobile licensed now

The other two won’t make it, McFarlane killed them....

3. Hot Toys will rerelease Batman and Robin before the Joker or Batgirl.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I 've got money on those Mezco so I hope they show up eventually. It does feel like I will have the MacFarlanes in hand sooner.
I just occurred to me that the Mezco, or Funko, might look pretty cool in the MacFarlane Batcave. Batmobile as well. In my head, that scale seems closer. We will see.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

I'm actually lookin' forward to Mezco, 'cause the McFarlane stuff has left me more than cold.

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

These seem to be in a constant state of delay.
Jeff Cope

Post by Jeff Cope »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:45 pm These seem to be in a constant state of delay.
Fairly typical for Mezco. More so when coupled with pandemic side effects. Factories are still operating well below capacity, supply chains are severely impacted (in all industries), and shipping is a major issue. Mezco has always been slow, but now….
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:46 am I 've got money on those Mezco so I hope they show up eventually. It does feel like I will have the MacFarlanes in hand sooner.
I just occurred to me that the Mezco, or Funko, might look pretty cool in the MacFarlane Batcave. Batmobile as well. In my head, that scale seems closer. We will see.
The Funkos (and my ReAction customs) certainly do. I assumed that the McFarlane Batcave was scaled for the McFarlane figures, but see for yourself:

McFarlane Batcave with Funko figures by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Mattel vs McFarlane Jokers by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Jeff Cope

Post by Jeff Cope »

I just noticed on Mezco’s site that says “ ships Oct - Dec 2021”…
Jeff Cope

Post by Jeff Cope »

Just got an update from Big Bad Toy Store. Release date has changed to December 2021.

Sigh.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Mezco takes forever. Still waiting on this set myself, along with the Michael Keaton Batman.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I wonder if they’ll ever release the Scooby Doo toys the showed
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I'm still waiting on this set too. Can't wait to get it.