SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jim Beard wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:34 pm My set arrived today. The box is immense. It was also creased along the front, right through the image of Batman. I can tell it went into the shipping box like that, because there isn't any damage to the shipping box. Cie la vie; I didn't pay for "collector grade" or whatever from BBTS, so it is what it is. The contents are all fine. Going to take a look at the figures and the rest tomorrow. Some of the "oomphh" went out of it today.

Jim
Sorry to hear that Jim, but I have no doubt it will still be like Christmas day morning once you've busted it open and you've got those little treasures in your hands.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

My Mezco was due today. I stayed home waiting for it and organised a friend to wait while I kept a brief medical appointment. According to the FedEx website, it is still at their Sydney depot and will now be delivered in three more days. Grrrr. Tomorrow is a public holiday, so I suspected there would be a glitch.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

FedEx is like that here in the states too-- I'll get a notice it will absolutely be here but when I check the tracking on the website it's 600 miles away. But they do deliver eventually.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I finally received mine! It is glorious.
The box itself is twice as big as I expected. Figures are cool, and have more 'playability ' than the McFarland line, imo. I do think Batman is better, but other than him I prefer the Funko line.
This Batmobile is the star. Detailed and playable. 10 year old me would have never put these toys down. (Original Megos are still my fave)
All that said couple questions:
Why didn't they use an accurate bat logo on the box? not on Batman, the accent inbwtween seems more DKR. I guess a rights issue, but come on.
Why is joker the only one without a different head?
Also, his accessories? Only fans would appreciate them. Belt
Not complaining, just observing and, hopefully, stirring a conversation.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:53 pm
Why didn't they use an accurate bat logo on the box? not on Batman, the accent inbwtween seems more DKR. I guess a rights issue, but come on.
It's a design choice, looks like. Using the "stretched" Adam West chest symbol would have meant making smaller "Batman" logos in between them.

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

The “n between “ is from the series
I have a button and a bumper Sticker I believe with it on it , I also think it’s the “scene change Bat”that spins on the show
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

79A00FB2-1335-49EA-9AEB-8FE96B926B8A.jpeg
79A00FB2-1335-49EA-9AEB-8FE96B926B8A.jpeg (11.7 KiB) Viewed 4171 times
Yeah I think this is it
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Close Mike-- the one they used is the more modern version-- the head lines swoop in instead of bowing out. Usually with licensing you get a set packet with items you can use. Universal Monsters, for example, had a licensor's bible that insisted Frankenstein's monster have a green jacket. So sometimes the designer's hands are tied.
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:13 am My Mezco was due today. I stayed home waiting for it and organised a friend to wait while I kept a brief medical appointment. According to the FedEx website, it is still at their Sydney depot and will now be delivered in three more days. Grrrr. Tomorrow is a public holiday, so I suspected there would be a glitch.
And now another date change! It arrived yesterday, with only a few minutes notice that the day had changed again.

My MezcoToyz Batcave, Batmobile (and seven action figures) have been on preorder for several years, and the set has finally been released. Arrived in an enormous box! A great supplement to the 4” Funko figures. (I mainly only wanted the figures, but it was all or nothing.) The project took Mezco so long, I had even customized the three United Underworld characters (Riddler, Joker, Penguin) myself!

MezcoToyz Batman playset by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I doubt any of you who want this have not yet ordered it, but 13th Dimension did a great review of it. It actually got me to add one to my cart at BBTS but then Therin's post of that giant box changed my mind again. But for anyone who wants a look at the set check it out.

https://13thdimension.com/13-quick-thou ... igure-set/

***Admin Edit: Link to article added. BB.***
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

its about 29 x 21.5 x 8. Inches that is.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

AndyFish wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:08 am I doubt any of you who want this have not yet ordered it, but 13th Dimension did a great review of it. It actually got me to add one to my cart at BBTS but then Therin's post of that giant box changed my mind again. But for anyone who wants a look at the set check it out.

Thanks, Ben, I meant to include a link.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

AndyFish wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:59 pm
AndyFish wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:08 am I doubt any of you who want this have not yet ordered it, but 13th Dimension did a great review of it. It actually got me to add one to my cart at BBTS but then Therin's post of that giant box changed my mind again. But for anyone who wants a look at the set check it out.

Thanks, Ben, I meant to include a link.
No sweat, happy to help!
Therin of Andor

AndyFish wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:08 am I doubt any of you who want this have not yet ordered it, but 13th Dimension did a great review of it. It actually got me to add one to my cart at BBTS but then Therin's post of that giant box changed my mind again.
Well, there goes my commission... ;)

MezcoToyz Batman deluxe boxed set by Ian McLean, on Flickr

My placeholder customs next to their MezcoToyz villains by Ian McLean, on Flickr

My MezcoToyz Alfred now has customized white hair by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

svl

Post by svl »

White hair on Alfred makes all the difference.