SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
zarm106

Re: SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

Post by zarm106 »

If you want to get an idea on how the Mezco 5 points sets matches up with the McFarlane Batcave, check out this video on youtube.
Uploaded by tessjess1 - youtube.com/watch?v=v7Q7YxbusH8

My set arrives today so I will share pictures once they are available.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

zarm106 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:39 am If you want to get an idea on how the Mezco 5 points sets matches up with the McFarlane Batcave, check out this video on youtube.
Uploaded by tessjess1 - youtube.com/watch?v=v7Q7YxbusH8

My set arrives today so I will share pictures once they are available.
Thanks for linking to this video! That box is genuinely HUGE.

Looking forward to your photos!
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Mine’s here!

The box is enormous and it looks collector friendly. You can open it without breaking tape or tearing packaging. Really nice presentation here. I wonder how many they made? More to come when I get into it.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Just got mine. First impression is I love them. The smaller size is great. The Capes are soft rubber and feel so cool. The arms and legs only bend at the torso so they are not very posable but the plastic has a neat feel and I love the matte sheen to them and the Batmobile.
I haven't messed with the cardboard cave yet but I'm less excited about that.

I think these will be my personal favorites. All the figures have pros and cons but I do find these so cute. Lol
Attachments
20220121_172533_compress70.jpg
20220121_172111_compress98.jpg
20220121_171048_compress56.jpg
20220121_172006_compress20.jpg
20220121_170903_compress22.jpg
20220121_170713_compress68.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

More pics.
Attachments
20220121_172420_compress56.jpg
20220121_172309_compress30.jpg
20220121_171947_compress50.jpg
20220121_172345_compress34.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

They are very limited in movement. The only use for the hip joints is for them to sit. They really don't change the pose much. I think the Riddlers unmasked face is my least favorite. His bag of money won't fit his hand and the Joker can't wear his belt. These probably won't stand very good without the stands.

The Batmobile flame spins when you push it and the cutting blade pops out when you push the radar but they both don't work real well atleast mine.

Still find them all very cute. Happy I bought them.
Attachments
20220121_175649_compress93.jpg
20220121_180410_compress47.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Have any of us wondered out loud why Alfred has black hair?
rickkrefft

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by rickkrefft »

Joker’s belt goes on but you need to put it in hot water for a few mins to soften it up. I boiled a cup of water in the microwave for 2 mins and soaked it in the water about a min or two and it did then go up. It can go under the coattails or over but trying both I preferred over the coattails
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

Does anyone know why the video is age restricted? I'm always leery of clicking on stuff like that...
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Jim K, Bat fan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:09 pm Does anyone know why the video is age restricted? I'm always leery of clicking on stuff like that...
I didn't listen to every word in his video, scanning past some portions, but I didn't notice anything inappropriate.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

I love this set. My father received it today, as he collects a ton of stuff, so I got a few minutes to look over the car closely, and glance at the figures behind the clear packaging. This is not far from the toy line I dreamed of while watching reruns as a child in the mid-80s.

I'll address my few criticisms first... my primary disappointment, and a mild one at that, is these figures look great together but are not quite the same scale as the Funko figures. Mezco probably has its own scale (which may be more true to the 3.75" crowd? I'm not a collector of other such figures) and they want to keep things internally consistent and manageable given the scope of the set. And after all, most people buying this product will slap them on a shelf, so I'm sure one can arrange them to look fine alongside the Funko characters.

As others have noted, some of the likenesses are mediocre (Riddler's the weakest all around, in my opinion). Funko did better sculpts on Batman and Robin despite their flaws and provided more poseability. Mezco has better paint applications, and they appear sturdier. I'm guessing Alfred's hair was not intended to be this dark, because it's clearly supposed to be Napier.

Joker, Penguin, and Catwoman are quite good, from what I could see. The Batmobile is a lot of fun. It's much more accurate in scale and about 2 inches longer than the Funko car. I love the finish. Only the nose of the car suffers, but maybe that has to do with one of the fun features they added. It seemed to roll okay, much better than the Funko car with its godforsaken clicking sound.

Kudos to Mezco for all the cool accessories and the nifty clips for sliding the figures down the Batpoles. Thanks to Zarm for sharing that video, as Mezco's toys seem to work great with much of the McFarlane Batcave.

If this style of figure is in your wheelhouse, and you can stomach today's figure prices, you won't regret purchasing this one.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jim K, Bat fan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:09 pm Does anyone know why the video is age restricted? I'm always leery of clicking on stuff like that...
I watched the whole thing, nothing untoward. Some YouTubers make their content "adult only" so as not to have to specifically mark their content as "child safe" by YouTube's ever-changing rule book.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

So back in June of last year I asked this;

So which arrives first?
- Mezco Five Points Figure set
- Funko Second Wave (ha- I kid, despite their assurances they've clearly lost the license)
- McFarlane '66 Figures and Playsets
- Hot Toys Joker, Batmobile or Batgirl

Amazing what eight months does! McFarlane came in first with Mezco coming in shortly after. No sign of Funko's second wave and I'm sure that line is dead, you guys know more than I do about the Hot Toys Batmobile, I've lost my contact there. Now I'm rooting for a Playmobil Batman with Batmobile set!
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

AndyFish wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:38 am So back in June of last year I asked this;

So which arrives first?
- Mezco Five Points Figure set
- Funko Second Wave (ha- I kid, despite their assurances they've clearly lost the license)
- McFarlane '66 Figures and Playsets
- Hot Toys Joker, Batmobile or Batgirl

Amazing what eight months does! McFarlane came in first with Mezco coming in shortly after. No sign of Funko's second wave and I'm sure that line is dead, you guys know more than I do about the Hot Toys Batmobile, I've lost my contact there. Now I'm rooting for a Playmobil Batman with Batmobile set!
Of all that, I just want Hot Toys Cesar Romero Joker, please.

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

My set arrived today. The box is immense. It was also creased along the front, right through the image of Batman. I can tell it went into the shipping box like that, because there isn't any damage to the shipping box. Cie la vie; I didn't pay for "collector grade" or whatever from BBTS, so it is what it is. The contents are all fine. Going to take a look at the figures and the rest tomorrow. Some of the "oomphh" went out of it today.

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE