SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Jim Beard

Re: SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

Post by Jim Beard »

Anybody in the States got theirs yet?

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

BBTS now lists it as available in January 2022. I was on the Mezco site recently looking for something else and figured I'd see what it says over there and it changed from PRE-ORDER to BUY IT NOW but that delivery estimate says Dec-Feb 2022.

As to Jim's earlier post, I don't know if Mezco does individual figures, back when they did Addams Family I would have bought Fester and Lurch if they had them but didn't want the whole set. Ditto the Fleischer Superman and Lois -- don't need the robots. Jim ordered the set but for anyone else banking on individual releases you might be out of luck.

We're coming up on three years waiting for this line. Yeesh.
svl

Post by svl »

Anyone have actual pix or (even better) video of the Cave? Interested to see how it's actually put together.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

AndyFish wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:49 am BBTS now lists it as available in January 2022. I was on the Mezco site recently looking for something else and figured I'd see what it says over there and it changed from PRE-ORDER to BUY IT NOW but that delivery estimate says Dec-Feb 2022.

As to Jim's earlier post, I don't know if Mezco does individual figures, back when they did Addams Family I would have bought Fester and Lurch if they had them but didn't want the whole set. Ditto the Fleischer Superman and Lois -- don't need the robots. Jim ordered the set but for anyone else banking on individual releases you might be out of luck.

We're coming up on three years waiting for this line. Yeesh.
Thanks, Andy. I ordered from BBTS, so hoping they'll update soon. I guess I figured individual releases was a no-go, and took the plunge (hopefully not a bath) on the big set. It was the packaging that really pushed me over the finish line.

Jim
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

Nope , Got the ultraman set about 2 weeks ago , but no Batman no Superman
cdub

Post by cdub »

I received an email from Mezco today, Sunday, 01-09-22, that my 5 Points Batman 1966 Deluxe Boxed Set has been shipped.
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

I got the email also , said it was shipped on 1-07-22
Arriving 1-11-22
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Good to hear...hopefully BBTS will be getting theirs soon.

Jim
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

There are some Batcave pictures here:
https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/b ... 28472.html

THE 5 POINTS BATMAN (1966): DELUXE BOXED SET INCLUDES:
Batman – renowned crime-fighting superhero of Gotham. In addition to a vast array of hi-tech gadgets, Batman has trained his body and mind to peak human condition to battle the forces of evil.
Robin – the Boy Wonder and Batman’s trusty sidekick. Together, Batman & Robin form the Dynamic Duo.
Alfred – faithful butler to Bruce Wayne and the only person who knows Batman & Robin’s secret identities. Alfred keeps busy with his duties at Wayne Manor and below it in the Batcave.
Catwoman – prrrofessional criminal, thief, and arch-nemesis to Batman & Robin.
The Joker – the Clown Prince of Crime whose jokes and pranks are committed amidst his heinous crimes.
The Penguin – foul fiend and felonious mastermind with a penchant for specialized, hi-tech umbrellas.
The Riddler – quizzical criminal trickster and one of Batman’s greatest foes. The Riddler commits various bizarre crimes and leaves riddles behind leading to his next misdeed.
Batmobile – super-charged, super-vehicle full of gadgets to aid the Dynamic Duo during their missions.
Batcave – secret subterranean headquarters of Batman and Robin. The Batcave contains a direct passage to Wayne Manor and contains a wide range of crimefighting equipment.
ACCESSORIES:
Batman
Two (2) head portraits
One (1) batarang
One (1) bat communicator
One (1) can of shark repellent
Two (2) sound effect signs (POW and BAM)
One (1) display base
Robin
Two (2) head portraits
One (1) Bat Shield
One (1) batarang
One (1) bat communicator
Two (2) sound effect signs (POW and BAM)
One (1) display base
Alfred
Two (2) head portraits
One (1) display base
Catwoman
Two (2) head portraits
One (1) golden cat statue
One (1) tranquilizer dart Cat-Gun
One (1) display base
The Joker
One (1) Joker utility belt
One (1) painting frame
One (1) display base
The Penguin
Two (2) head portraits
One (1) standard umbrella
One (1) umbrella smoke FX
One (1) display base
The Riddler
Two (2) head portraits
One (1) staff
One (1) money bag
One (1) display base

The Batmobile has a chain splitter - wow
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
svl

Post by svl »

Lou, u r the (bat) man!

Super excited I finally pulled the trigger on this.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The Monsters in Motion photos Lou posted look great-- Catwoman especially. I'm glad they did this as a set because it kept me from buying it, I don't want another Batmobile no matter that it's got cool features like the chain cutter and flames, and it's never been my dream to have an Alfred figure, sorry Alan, especially one that looks more like the Filmation Commissioner Gordon than Alfred. But for those of you pumped for this-- hooray I say, I'm glad they're finally shipping out.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:37 pm The Monsters in Motion photos Lou posted look great-- Catwoman especially. I'm glad they did this as a set because it kept me from buying it, I don't want another Batmobile no matter that it's got cool features like the chain cutter and flames, and it's never been my dream to have an Alfred figure, sorry Alan, especially one that looks more like the Filmation Commissioner Gordon than Alfred. But for those of you pumped for this-- hooray I say, I'm glad they're finally shipping out.
Down at the bottom there it says Shipping January 22.

Jim
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:37 pm The Monsters in Motion photos Lou posted look great-- Catwoman especially. I'm glad they did this as a set because it kept me from buying it, I don't want another Batmobile no matter that it's got cool features like the chain cutter and flames, and it's never been my dream to have an Alfred figure, sorry Alan, especially one that looks more like the Filmation Commissioner Gordon than Alfred. But for those of you pumped for this-- hooray I say, I'm glad they're finally shipping out.
I believe a lot of detail is lost when you scale down to these sizes, or scale up from those smaller sizes without adding detail. How much detail is surprising. I bought a Hot Wheels Mustang in 1/24 scale that was scaled up from the 1/64 some 15 years ago (like a giant size Hot Wheel). Holy loss of detail.

However for a little kid, 4 to 7 years old, it will be fine. Mate it with the McFarlane Batcave and now you've got a real playset!
I'll let you know in a few years when the grandkid is old enough to play with it.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

MiM release dates are often pretty soft, Jim, but since those who ordered direct from Mezco are getting their sets I can't imagine its much longer before those who ordered from dealers get theirs too.
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

My Set from Mezco has seemed to have been in limbo , it had a delivery date of 1-11-22 but now has “ label created” and is pending ….