SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Jeff Cope

Re: SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

Post by Jeff Cope »

Someone in Australia got his hands on a set. So looks like these are starting to ship. He included a comparison pic on the Mezco Batman and a Funko one for good measure.
Attachments
AC50996D-3BB0-46A5-9FBC-211ACE6506E7.jpeg
3D9362C5-772D-4E7B-A28D-C444EC76A092.jpeg
6093A554-C893-4A6F-A2A5-853D2D35EF2D.jpeg
cdub

Post by cdub »

I believe they must be as I received an email today from Mezco that I am about to be charged for my purchase as they are processing the orders tomorrow, 12-21-21.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

I am in Australia, too, and my confirmation-of-order was received today!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Congrats, I know you’ve all waited a long time. You must have been on the GOOD list.

I love the packaging. The website for Mezco shows they have them, almost all they others sold out the pre-orders.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Saints Alive! Christmas is saved, Beggorah!

...I mean not the Christmas of the same year anyone thought they were getting these figures, but still.
:D
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Fifteen-trillion times better than Funko.

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Jim,
That Funko Batman cowl looks like it was modeled after the Mattel cowl
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Lou Szabo wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:14 am Jim,
That Funko Batman cowl looks like it was modeled after the Mattel cowl
Which doesn't gain it any points with me. I have been greatly dissatisfied with all Batman '66 action figures so far, with the exception of the large-scale NECA figures. But I do actually like the look of these Mezco ones.

Jim
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Jim Beard wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:08 am
Which doesn't gain it any points with me. I have been greatly dissatisfied with all Batman '66 action figures so far, with the exception of the large-scale NECA figures. But I do actually like the look of these Mezco ones.

Jim
I too think most of the '66 action figures were/are disappointing. Low quality all around, with Hot Toys being the only exception.
Beneath Wayne Manor
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It's a real shame Funko abandoned the prototype style in favor of what they put out, which included the "dad" bod -- and note I'm a dad about 15 years older than Adam was when he played Batman and I'm in better shape than what they did to the final figure-- so dad bod doesn't have to mean end of all hope bod.

The real sad part is the remaining figures in the line stayed very close to the digital prototypes, so it's not like the sturdier Batman figure was somehow lost in the molding process. It could have been terrific. Plus those giant five foot tall Batman statues they produced and had on display at SDCC that first year WERE the original prototype versions.

I'm not sure why they went with the wacky cowl markings. I do know that the change to dad bod was a last minute thing from higher up. Because they felt that was more accurate. Sure, every kid wants to play with a dumpy Batman figure!

I haven't ordered the Mezco Batman set because I have too much stuff and these still aren't good enough to warrant it for me, but I'm glad for those of you who are excited by them. They should go great with the McFarland Batcave set!
cdub

Post by cdub »

Remember when we had little to none? That doesn't mean we still can't be picky or criticize what is out, and I think a lot of it is good for the most part, but it is sure nice to have choice and selection.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

cdub wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:14 pm Remember when we had little to none? That doesn't mean we still can't be picky or criticize what is out, and I think a lot of it is good for the most part, but it is sure nice to have choice and selection.
My sentiments exactly!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Despite my lamenting the loss of the prototype design for Batman I agree with you guys. I've never considered myself a super fan who has to have every detail right-- I have friends who will tell me the centimeters missing from the beacon to the rockets on the Batmobile and how a toy maker gets it wrong-- to which I will roll my eyes, but for me the sticking point of any line is Batman's cowl and the placement of the emblem, put it too low and he looks dumpy. The cowl was always the coolest thing in the show for me so when they get that wrong it can kill an entire line.

Yet how does one get it "right" when there are three years worth of episodes and the cowl was constantly evolving. Different markings, different shell, different eye holes, different ears. I never liked the floppy ears on the Hot Toys figure and I laughed out loud when Wally told me I should change the suit on that figure because I thought he was being silly. Then I did and he was 100% right.

The Wonderland talking Batman figure gets everything right in my eyes, and the 18" Neca Batman with a custom fabric suit, which many of us have, is probably the best figure ever done of West's Batman. But then I even have the Tonner Adam West Batman which is completely off model but I love it, so I think it's impossible to cross all the T's or even explain why something works or why it doesn't.

On the Funko figures I wonder if you redid the cowl markings if it would be better, or if the shape is just all wrong. The Prototype, in addition to being in better physical condition, has the right markings.

I'm not a customizer but if I was I'd give it a shot.
But I'm off track again, I think it's great we have all this stuff to choose from, but in the end it's really just stuff, and as many of us are aging out it's stuff your kids and their kids are going to have to deal with which causes me to be extremely picky about what I add to the collection.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

I was going to just wait for individual figures, but I liked the pics here of the Deluxe Boxed Set, so i took the plunge and ordered it from BBTS.

Jim
Larry A.

Re: SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff

Post by Larry A. »

TP-6597 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:57 pm No doubt, the Batman 66 stuff is awesome - however - I’m super stoked about the Scooby-Doo stuff!
The Scooby Doo figures were also released in the Scooby Doo biplane and the Mystery machine. Fwiw. I got mine at the local hobby shop. the Biplane has Pilot Scooby, Shaggy and my personal favorite, Velma. The Mystery machine has Fred, Daphne (Where is Sarah Michelle Gellar when I need Her) Blake and regular Scooby. Believe it or not, they were released by Revell! Cheers!
Larry