SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

Post by AndyFish »

There should be some breaking news very soon since the show floor opened up last night. Some exciting news is already appearing in some other threads like Mezco's release of 3.75" figures as posted by Batrunner1966;

There are a couple other '66 Batman items on the floor-- so maybe we can get it all together in one easy thread.
vintagematt

Re: SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff

Post by vintagematt »

WHOA!!!!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

I'm in love. This scale has always been my most-desired... really hits me in the nostalgia bone, having grown up with '80s toys.

Funko's figures were a lot of fun and I'll miss the extra articulation, but these look better. If Mezco's product
  1. reaches our hands
  2. is very close in scale to the Funko figures (for those deeper villains)
  3. manages to include a Riddler
... then I don't care if anyone ever makes another '66 Batman figure.

Still, bonus points if they can make a better Batgirl.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I've always sort of bit my tongue (or maybe I didn't) about the Funko line-- I really disliked it-- from the generic card art to the doughy Batman figure with the dopey round head-- just not my thing. I liked the Batmobile despite it being shortened, but of the line I think Robin was easily the best figure and that's saying something since I'm not a Robin fan in the first place.

This new line-- it's going to be short-- I suspect one wave only-- but I think it's already head and shoulders above what Funko did. But I'm also not a kid so toys don't do as much for me as they once did.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:52 am I've always sort of bit my tongue (or maybe I didn't) about the Funko line-- I really disliked it-- from the generic card art to the doughy Batman figure with the dopey round head-- just not my thing. I liked the Batmobile despite it being shortened, but of the line I think Robin was easily the best figure and that's saying something since I'm not a Robin fan in the first place.

This new line-- it's going to be short-- I suspect one wave only-- but I think it's already head and shoulders above what Funko did.
I hope not. I am not expecting a 30 figure line but would love to see at least 10 villains and perhaps the Commish and Chief, Alfred and Aunt Harriet.
Cappy

Post by Cappy »

What Batmobile is in the background ?. Is that going to be part of the line ?.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Knowing Mezco, this will probably be all they produce. I just wish they finished off the big four with the Riddler, and maybe even add Batgirl!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Cappy wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:44 am What Batmobile is in the background ?. Is that going to be part of the line ?.
Yes it is.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Better picture;

They are part of their new line which includes some Hanna Barbera properties;

Called 5 points because they have five points of articulation-- so they aren't as poseable as the Funko ones, but they'll probably stand better.

Superman is from the Fleischer Bros cartoons which are now in the WB family.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Talk of a One:12 figure of Adam next year, it'd be great if they did, the 1:12 line looks nice, they don't hold up for a lot of posing and handling but they are like mini-hot toys figures.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

At the 4-inch scale you don't need a lot of articulation, anyway. The old Star Wars figures didn't have much.

If they do a One:12 of Adam, I'm definitely in trouble. Those things aren't cheap, but they're gorgeous.

Just in honor of our hero, though, they should give it a special designation -- Adam:12. :lol:
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Cappy

Post by Cappy »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:38 pm
Cappy wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:44 am What Batmobile is in the background ?. Is that going to be part of the line ?.
Yes it is.
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Andy.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It looks like the wheels don't roll, but it's more in scale with the figures than Funko was.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

It'd be a display item for me anyway, so better if it doesn't roll.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

No doubt, the Batman 66 stuff is awesome - however - I’m super stoked about the Scooby-Doo stuff!
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”