SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

Post by Lou Szabo »

I expect COVID had something to do with delays. Even Apples IPhone 12 was not immune...
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Just about all of this stuff comes from China. With the trade disputes and now Covid, it’s not surprising that there are delays. What’s so frustrating is that no one really seems confident we’ll see any of this stuff. I’d get the Batman 66, Scooby, HB, and Popeye stuff if available. But it might wind up being another Funko situation.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Bookworm wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:06 pm Just about all of this stuff comes from China. With the trade disputes and now Covid, it’s not surprising that there are delays. What’s so frustrating is that no one really seems confident we’ll see any of this stuff. I’d get the Batman 66, Scooby, HB, and Popeye stuff if available. But it might wind up being another Funko situation.
All Mezco has to do is give an update and be upfront. Just ignoring it leads to doubt.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I agree
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

LizardKing wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:58 pm
Bookworm wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:06 pm Just about all of this stuff comes from China. With the trade disputes and now Covid, it’s not surprising that there are delays. What’s so frustrating is that no one really seems confident we’ll see any of this stuff. I’d get the Batman 66, Scooby, HB, and Popeye stuff if available. But it might wind up being another Funko situation.
All Mezco has to do is give an update and be upfront. Just ignoring it leads to doubt.
This is what the issue was with the Funko stuff. We were promised stuff and it never came to pass. There are tons of pre-orders for stuff that is set to come out by the end of the year all the way up until next summer on many different sites for other Mezco lines included their 1:12 line and some other stuff. If they had any faith in this line...we would already have had pre-orders for it on other sites.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

LizardKing wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:22 pm
AndyFish wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 am Mezco does good work, but they are terrible at production time. They should never have announced the line until it was further in the pipeline. Make 'em, don't make 'em-- I've moved on. There are more important things to worry about than toys.
Sounds like you don't expect these to ever be made either.
I'm pretty sure Mezco's track record is good, they don't often continue a line beyond the first release, and I'm no expert but I don't recall anything they've advertised not coming out eventually. But having said that I do have a lot of doubts because there has been no mention of it since over a year ago, and I don't think their introductory figures from THE ADDAMS FAMILY did much-- a shame because the figures looked great, but I guess the movie was mediocre.

My personal attitude is I have too much stuff already, I'd buy these if they were available but I'm not disappointed if they drop the ball.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:15 am
AndyFish wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 am Mezco does good work, but they are terrible at production time. They should never have announced the line until it was further in the pipeline. Make 'em, don't make 'em-- I've moved on. There are more important things to worry about than toys.
I'm pretty sure Mezco's track record is good, they don't often continue a line beyond the first release, and I'm no expert but I don't recall anything they've advertised not coming out eventually. But having said that I do have a lot of doubts because there has been no mention of it since over a year ago, and I don't think their introductory figures from THE ADDAMS FAMILY did much-- a shame because the figures looked great, but I guess the movie was mediocre.

My personal attitude is I have too much stuff already, I'd buy these if they were available but I'm not disappointed if they drop the ball.

Addams family stuff was sold as two packs and did not do as well as thought....Space Ghost got released but as a Toy Fair exclusive...why the hell have Toy Fair exclusives.....Scooby Doo, Batman 66 and Classic Superman are bound never to happen.....
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Sorry to jump back in here but I just sent this to Mezco ontheir Facebook page:

"You guys celebrated Batman Day on September 19...but when will we get news about the 5 points Batman 1966 figures that were shown at SDCC 2019 that had a release of Summer 2020...it is almost October and no one has preorders yet? Has this line been cancelled and if it has....can you please sell the license to someone else since you are the second company in a row that has promised 3 3/4" Batman '66 figures and failed to produce them."
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Crayfish wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:18 pm Sorry to jump back in here but I just sent this to Mezco ontheir Facebook page:

"You guys celebrated Batman Day on September 19...but when will we get news about the 5 points Batman 1966 figures that were shown at SDCC 2019 that had a release of Summer 2020...it is almost October and no one has preorders yet? Has this line been cancelled and if it has....can you please sell the license to someone else since you are the second company in a row that has promised 3 3/4" Batman '66 figures and failed to produce them."
Get Em!
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

:roll: on
AndyFish wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:15 am

For myself, the Addams Family figures were the least interesting to me. I thought they were great, but I am not interested in that look. Had they been based on the TV show, I would have bitten. I would support all the other 5 points figures Mezco has shown if only I couldnn
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Mezco Pre order for the Batman set-- it includes all the figures, the Batmobile and the bat cave style box/playset-- goes up tomorrow.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGAgzAegCXF ... a5ae24c239
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:08 am Mezco Pre order for the Batman set-- it includes all the figures, the Batmobile and the bat cave style box/playset-- goes up tomorrow.
What an exciting update! I wonder if they saw this thread... :lol:
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

This escalated quickly
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:08 am Mezco Pre order for the Batman set-- it includes all the figures, the Batmobile and the bat cave style box/playset-- goes up tomorrow.
Where can we pre order?
zarm106

Post by zarm106 »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:50 pm
    Where can we pre order?
    https://www.mezcotoyz.com/5-points is the place where they should show up. There is a preorder right now for the Warriors which runs $50. Mezco is really weird right now. There are some items that they offer preorders for which still haven't been released yet and others that show up on the market a month later.