SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Jeff Cope

Re: SDCC 2019 Batman '66 Stuff - NEW MEZCO LINE

Post by Jeff Cope »

Bookworm wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:17 pm Do people think the “collector grade” at BBTS is worthwhile?
Perhaps, if you prefer keeping things MIB. But, personally, I’m an opener, it’s not worth it to me.

BBTS generally packs stuff well, and items (in my experience) arrive in pristine condition without paying extra for Collector Grade, but if you wanna be sure...
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Should be any day now...
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

After the Funko debacle I gave up on figures.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The Batmobile has a chain cutter on the front like the old Corgi-- pretty cool.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I'm very tempted with this. I love all the accessories and all the little details - I love that they added episode specific pieces - and the figures all look nice enough. I adore the concept of getting everything all in one box. But I've got so many other priorities that I just don't know if I'll ever get around to it. I adore the concept of getting everything all in one box.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I finally completed the Funko line, Batgirl and Eli Wallach Mr Freeze were the last two. If they sell the Batcave separately, I'll buy it. I'm a sucker for Batcaves.... and these figures aren't too big to overwhelm an area. I do agree that priorities do get in the way, especially since retirement is 5 years away (or less, God willing).
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Retirement is when you can play with all your stuff, Lou.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I sure hope so Andy.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

That's the dream at least.

I find that the more I look at stuff like this (merchandise that I really don't need), the more the "WOW! I need this NOW!" factor wears off. So far that hasn't happened with these though. Yikes, just might get them. I'll wait for in hand pictures first.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm with you completely-- I remember the insanity when the first '66 Batmobile from Hotwheels came out-- initially people were paying $150 for one on eBay because they couldn't find them in stores. I think that was the first "official" release for the modern licenses of the show. I searched high and low for a 1/87 scale version and ended up paying scalper prices for it.

Today, I don't get excited by too much. I like the Mezco line but the last thing I need is another Batmobile and like every other Adam West Batman figure that has been released I think it misses the mark, so I'll pass.

The talking stuffed Wonderland Figure is pretty great while the giant 18" Neca Adam figure is the best one (IMO) ever done and that's only after a good friend and board member took it and got it a fabric suit to cover the waist joints. Everything else, including the Hot Toys (which the same board member got me a Tony Mei suit and it looks so much better) with it's floppy ears and strange skin color, the Mego's or whatever they're called just didn't do it for me, and the Funko with the "Dad bod" Batman just left me cold. I have the '66 Tonner Batman which is an oddity but I like it because it looks like what I imagine a vintage 60s Batman doll would look like.

I think my biggest objection now is the huge box it comes in-- such a pain to toss out all that packaging.
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:12 am I'm with you completely-- I remember the insanity when the first '66 Batmobile from Hotwheels came out-- initially people were paying $150 for one on eBay because they couldn't find them in stores. I think that was the first "official" release for the modern licenses of the show. I searched high and low for a 1/87 scale version.

Today, I don't get excited by too much. I like the Mezco line but the last thing I need is another Batmobile and like every other Adam West Batman figure that has been released I think it misses the mark, so I'll pass.

The talking stuffed Wonderland Figure is pretty great while the giant 18" Neca Adam figure is the best one (IMO) ever done and that's only after a good friend and board member took it and got it a fabric suit to cover the waist joints. Everything else, including the Hot Toys (which the same board member got me a Tony Mei suit and it looks so much better) with it's floppy ears and strange skin color, the Mego's or whatever they're called just didn't do it for me, and the Funko with the "Dad bod" Batman just left me cold. I have the '66 Tonner Batman which is an oddity but I like it because it looks like what I imagine a vintage 60s Batman doll would look like.

I got most of the colored Funko Batmobiles and those are fun because they are an homage to the tin Batmobiles but in the end all it becomes is just more stuff. Easier and easier to pass on things.
Andy I agree I am a fan of my Neca figure. My favorite is my Sideshow Premium Format Statue. Now to get one basically requires selling the house, man those shot up in price.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Absolutely a brilliant piece, the Sideshow is #1 but unobtainable, for me. I love my Neca, and I seem to remember some pics of your upgrade Andy, and it was spectacular. The new Mezco Batman reminds me of the Manga version, but I am excited about the Alfred and Villains in the set.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I had the large 1/4 scale piece, but while these pieces are fantastic, there is no easy display method. I sold mine, but clearly before these prices skyrocketed! I have the 1/50 scale Batcave, and if I didn’t have a corner fireplace, I would not be able to display it easily. Even then I had a custom cover made for it to keep dust off.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Feline Felonies wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:23 pm That's the dream at least.

I find that the more I look at stuff like this (merchandise that I really don't need), the more the "WOW! I need this NOW!" factor wears off. So far that hasn't happened with these though. Yikes, just might get them. I'll wait for in hand pictures first.
Personally, I never had the "WOW! I need this NOW!" factor wear off because I never had an interest in the majority of 21st century '66 items produced. So, when Hot wheels released their diecast Batmobile and Batcycle, I was there. When Auto Art released their 1:18 scale Black Beauty, I was there. When Hot Toys released their '66 figures, I was there, too, so my longtime collecting focus was satisfied.

I was never interested in Mattel's 6-inch line, or the products of any company that--for some reason--thinks every adult collector has a desire to see licensed TV and movie characters in the Kenner Star Wars 3 3/4-inch scale (or even an inch taller), when I would say when those adults were kids playing with the Kenner line (*raises hand*), its a good chance they were never wishing for that series to have a similarly scaled line.

The only other '66 item that would spark that "I need this now" fuse is that Hot Toys scaled Batmobile for reasons stated above, so i'm glad my '66 toy interests just happened to be met, but I was never going to be burned out on it.

Perhaps the very last thing that would ever have me go into "MUST HAVE" mode is a soundtrack of the entire series.
Beneath Wayne Manor