Toy Fair 2020 66 Batman pics

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: Toy Fair 2020 66 Batman pics

Post by Lou Szabo »

D8B26425-D8C7-4731-9779-E87F0B4FA4B0.jpeg
448DACDE-150D-49FF-91E7-F56351E0766B.jpeg
Batcave photos from FB
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

John Mack wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:08 pm
greatlakes6 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:21 pm Do you know what scale it is?
They're 3.75" tall, same as the Funko ones were, whatever scale that makes them? 1/150th? lol.

So, here's my question: What is off about Batman? Is it his cowl? I like it, it just appears something is a bit off. Also, what's up with Robin's logo? Something around it, lighter in color? Any ideas? Also2: Alfred is not even close in appearance imho.
For Batman, I think the eye holes are too big.
Since it's being called a "Deluxe" set I'm wondering if this is going to only be available as a complete set with this plastic Batcave set? The ADDAMS FAMILY set is offered in a full set and in partial sets. Space Ghost says available now but I've not seen it listed at any of the usual suspects.
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:18 pm
John Mack wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:08 pm
greatlakes6 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:21 pm Do you know what scale it is?
They're 3.75" tall, same as the Funko ones were, whatever scale that makes them? 1/150th? lol.

So, here's my question: What is off about Batman? Is it his cowl? I like it, it just appears something is a bit off. Also, what's up with Robin's logo? Something around it, lighter in color? Any ideas? Also2: Alfred is not even close in appearance imho.
For Batman, I think the eye holes are too big.
Since it's being called a "Deluxe" set I'm wondering if this is going to only be available as a complete set with this plastic Batcave set? The ADDAMS FAMILY set is offered in a full set and in partial sets. Space Ghost says available now but I've not seen it listed at any of the usual suspects.
Ding Ding Ding. Yep, I was about to say the same thing. Looks like this whole thing is going to be one big set.

Makes sense as Mezco now has seen both Funko and Mattel, much bigger companies, barely being able to push more than a couple of waves of them. So you've got the inherent issue with the age of the property, plus fans already having two editions of these as action figures.

However, I'm annoyed they will be including an Alfred rather than another never released villain. Once you get to 3 3/4" scale, people like Alfred and Gordon just look like random guys in suits.

Also annoyed that, based on their sneak peek Facebook post, the cardboard cave with bat poles are forced in there. Just added cost and size that could further limit interest. Talking as a general toy collector, I don't want to dedicate limited display space to yet another batmobile, as amazing as they always look. :)
svl

Post by svl »

Personally, I dig it. The Cave brings me back to my Mego "yout", and I love having an Alfred.

Hey, at least they sold one. :)
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

John Mack wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:08 pm They're 3.75" tall, same as the Funko ones were, whatever scale that makes them?
I thought we were told that these were slightly larger than the Funko line? 4 inches?

On a Facebook page, someone was complaining that Riddler in the suit didn't wear the mask.

I wish I could have achieved the great question mark detail on my own custom as this new one seems to show.

Funko custom United Underworld by Ian McLean, on Flickr
John Mack wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:08 pm Alfred is not even close in appearance imho.
I was quite thrilled with the recent DC Alfred with multiple heads, which is almost in scale with the Mattel figures but I do intend to whiten his hair.

Robin with Bruce and Alfred by Ian McLean, on Flickr
John Mack wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:31 pm It would be great if it were the movie. They could do the Penguin's submarine lol.
Apart from Catwoman's necklace, they essentially are.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Digging it! Escpecially the idea of a set w/Batcave!
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

I thought it´ll be a set as well. Which is fun, but I´d be more interested on getting some of the figures instead of everything. I´ll have to wait to see how much that´ll cost and if distribution will make it easy to get it here.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I think I saw these live in San Diego, they were pretty much Funko sized
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Cennis68

Post by Cennis68 »

Has this been confirmed that it will be sold as a set or will it all be sold separately? Any pre-orders for this up anywhere?