News about upcoming Batman Toys

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: News about upcoming Batman Toys

Post by Therin of Andor »

johndeblasi wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:56 pm if only Topps came on board with a lets say 100 card set of new 1966 classic tv series batman card set! even back in the day having both sets, I still wanted more. Always loved those cards. Sorry for babbling on.
Several franchises have had a Topps' retro book, with bonus new cards attached to the inside back cover (love my "Star Trek" gum cards book, and its new Sulu card, who was omitted from the original set). Have seen "Star Wars" and "Planet of the Apes" Topps sets have books. Would love someone to take on "Batman '66".)
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

My favorite pieces:

Tweeterhead statues
Diamond Select busts and banks
Hot Toys Batman and Robin
Neca Batman and Robin
Figures Toy Company figures
Mattel Batmobile
Mattel figures
Funko Batmobile with Batman and Robin
Funko figures
Diamond Select Batman amd Robin fighting statues
Lego Batcave
Talking Batman and Robin
Bendables

Hoping to someday see Riddler and Catwoman banks from Diamond Select, Penguin Mez-Itz, more Figures Toy Company variants and Batmobile, and more Funko figures.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Heard that FTC will do 12" figures. I guess it's wait and see.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Big Daddy K wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:21 pm Heard that FTC will do 12" figures. I guess it's wait and see.
Heard that too-- I'd be interested to see if they just stick with the comic version or if they get into the '66 figures. Price point would be about $50-$60 I would imagine so I'm not sure how well they'd do.

I also second the Topps book for the cards. I have the Star Trek one-- it's a bit odd because the cards are all original size and there is only one card per page-- graphic designer in me thinks the books could be better done, but they're still neat. I saw the Planet of the Apes in a store on markdown and still passed, but I'd be all about a Batman one.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I am also for a book about the Batman Topps Cards.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:33 pm
Big Daddy K wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:21 pm Heard that FTC will do 12" figures. I guess it's wait and see.
Heard that too-- I'd be interested to see if they just stick with the comic version or if they get into the '66 figures. Price point would be about $50-$60 I would imagine so I'm not sure how well they'd do.
If FTC is simply going to enlarge their current Batman line up I don't see the point. Now if they are going to make articulated 1/6th scale figures similar to say GIjOE or other action figures, I'd say GO FOR IT.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Big Daddy K wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:06 pm
AndyFish wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:33 pm
If FTC is simply going to enlarge their current Batman line up I don't see the point. Now if they are going to make articulated 1/6th scale figures similar to say GIjOE or other action figures, I'd say GO FOR IT.
So far all they've shown are blown up 8 inch Mego versions of Batman, Robin, Supergirl and some others. They won't be on a better body or even be of interest to the 1/6th hobby.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

A look at a few classic pieces from Japan while we await news from Toy Fair this weekend;
japan-batman-toys-magazine-1.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I personally don't care about points of articulation as I will never be removing any of them from their packaging, but I suppose for those who may want to display the figures loose this may be of concern. I was an odd child. Even in the 70's I never played with my Mego figures etc, just admired them.
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The packaging can be just as attractive as the figure. If you don't unpack them they're easier to dust. If they do a 12" removable cowl Batman I'm on it, but otherwise I'm not all that interested.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

All right so we've got a half dozen or more threads showing stuff that was announced at Toy Fair, I thought I'd compile it into this here thread we already had;

1- Funko Batman Wave 2-- No pictures, no prototypes, no word on what 3.75" figures will be in the Second Wave only that's "it's coming".

2- Nano/Jada 1 1/2" Metal Joker Figure which looks like a classic Cesar Romero pose.

3- Funko Batman Pez -- no pictures of the product but they look to be in the big head POP style so many of us clamor for. If that's you congrats!

4- Diamond Select Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson and Alfred busts-- you can see them over at Dan's 13th Dimension blog. https://13thdimension.com/first-look-di ... red-busts/
Personally this line has been pretty weak in places, there are a couple of good ones-- Catwoman Eartha looked good in the pics. I had a Batman Batusi one but couldn't get past the bad head sculpt so I gave it away.

And I think that was it. Did I miss anything?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:01 pm All right so we've got a half dozen or more threads showing stuff that was announced at Toy Fair, I thought I'd compile it into this here thread we already had;

And I think that was it. Did I miss anything?
Nope, that about sums up what i've seen so far. Very bizarre that Funko didn't have proto's to show of the Wave II 3.75inch line.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Seeing IS believing Ben, and I'll believe there's a Wave 2 when we do.