News about upcoming Batman Toys

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
1966.batmobile

Re: News about upcoming Batman Toys

Post by 1966.batmobile »

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I have been ill and out of the loop.

When is this toy fair? Does anyone know when these classic Tv toys should be released?

I hope they make a tv batcave to go with the rest...

Thanks
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Toy Fair starts in a couple days.

Some images from the event have been posted online already so keep your eyes peeled!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Good luck with the snow - I have a friend headed to a sales meeting from New York and his flights were cancelled.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
That_weirdo_Cage

Post by That_weirdo_Cage »

I'm glad all of this is happening as the BBC Doctor Who DVD releases are finally wrapping up. I suspect I couldn't afford both. :lol:

Excitement! :D
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Figured I'd resurrect this thread rather than start a new one-- a place to post news about upcoming Bat-stuff.

This is kind of neat-- it's a six foot long inflatable Batmobile for your lawn-- at $250 it's not cheap, but 6' is about 1/2 scale (little under) so it's a neat item. Available for preorder at Entertainment Earth, listed as coming out in August 2017.

rajung

Post by rajung »

That is pretty neat Andy.
They had it on they're site for almost 8 months with no picture until lately.
I have to assume it is a fabric type as like the Halloween Xmas decor. with constant fan running, but I don't know.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

yeah I would guess that too. Price is steep, but I don't know what those Halloween lawn ornaments go for
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Watch out, Caped Crusaders....The Pin Master is loose is Gotham City! :lol:
Music. BAT! Music.
rajung

Post by rajung »

John Mack wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:34 pm Watch out, Caped Crusaders....The Pin Master is loose is Gotham City! :lol:
I think there is also a inflatable Batman in this line up.

episode could be called " Deflategate"
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

Maybe it'd be a two-parter...

Batman pumps with care/The Joker steals the air.
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:52 am
...it's not cheap, but 6' is about 1/2 scale (little under)...
Not to be a stickler, here, but the Batmobile is 19' long, so, this inflatable is considerably less than 1/2 scale.

Yes, the price is crazy - the 13' tall inflatable Ghostbusters Stay Puft marshmallow man was only $150! Of course, that didn't have much detail - if the Batmobile inflatable indeed has a beacon, canopies, rocket tubes, etc, it is far more complicated.

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Figures Toy Company's Newmar and Kitt 8" figures have been announced, at last:

http://www.wonderalliance.com/julie-new ... y-company/
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Steve S.

Post by Steve S. »

Therin of Andor wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:04 pm Figures Toy Company's Newmar and Kitt 8" figures have been announced, at last:

http://www.wonderalliance.com/julie-new ... y-company/
Yikes!!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

With Toy Fair just around the corner and despite the prospects for more '66 Toys looking slightly bleak I figured I'd resurrect this thread so we don't start a new one.

With all of the "official" Batman Classic TV series merchandise that's come out it really has been a Golden Age for collectors and just fans of the show. It wasn't that long ago we couldn't imagine an official DVD release never mind having Mattel release a pretty nice cowl!

I don't have everything that's come out (does anyone) but I thought while we're waiting for News from Toy Fair that we could highlight the stuff that really worked for you.

My list;
1- Wonderland Talking Batman, Joker and Robin dolls with the hard plastic heads. These are hands down my favorite of all the new stuff. Reminiscent of the Batman doll that was made back in '66 it's a great set.

2- Funko! The colored Batmobiles, the great 3.75" size and some amazing detail at this scale. I know it's a sore spot for a lot of collectors if we don't get to Wave 2 but I'm glad for what we have. Whoever thought we'd get a screentest Batman figure??

3- Hot Toys Batman and Robin-- thanks to Wally I really embraced this set once I replaced the suit with a Tony Mei. I was laughing at all you guys back in the day who were advocating for it but once i saw it in in person I was sold.

4- The Neca 18" 1/4 Scale Batman-- boy I love that thing-- thanks to the hardwork of a board member who shall remain nameless so they aren't flooded with requests-- mine sports a cloth costume which covers up the joints that drove so many of us nuts.

5- The Neca 6" figure-- head and shoulders (literally and figuratively) above the Mattel figure.

6- The Mattel Batman Cowl and Utility Belt. A little repaint on the cowl and it isn't half bad-- and the belt is nice too. Fun!

7- Surfs Up Batman figure with Board from Mattel-- I dig this little guy and he's got the right baggies.

8- Pop Figure Surfs Up Batman-- the ONLY Pop's I own are this one, Mutley and Frankenberry (and that belongs to Mrs Fish) they are all displayed in our kitchen and bring a smile to my face every morning. So as much as I don't get the appeal, I like this one.

9- Jada Batmobile 1/24 scale with metal Batman figure-- I don't care that he's not perfect scale-- the figure is great and the car is pretty solid too.

10- The Hot Wheels Batmobile-- it started it all didn't it? Remember when we were all thinking this was just a rumor? Soft spot for me.

So that's my top ten-- I left off the Mattel line and that incredible giant Batmobile, the FTC line with some really great detailing on the figures, the Heroclix, the Jada tiny metal Adam West Batman that rocks -- there's so much stuff we could fill 20 pages just going over it.

So how about you-- what are your favorites?
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

While keeping my fingers crossed that Funko will make more figures, I would have to say that this has been a great ride with all the '66 merchandise. Never in a million years would I have thought all of it would be.
I guess my list would include: the Shakespeare bust (though not perfect), Batmobile Batphone (though would have preferred the Wayne manor Batphone), the Cowl and belt, the Diamond Select statues (though not spot on still not real bad) many of the various Batmobiles, many of the figures.....come to think of it every time I hear about another new item it pleases me to know that there will be more. Since there has been so much and not to sound greedy, but my wish list includes: if only Topps came on board with a lets say 100 card set of new 1966 classic tv series batman card set! even back in the day having both sets, I still wanted more. Always loved those cards. Sorry for babbling on.