Surf's Up

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
TysonL

Surf's Up

Post by TysonL »

Someone posted this screen grab from the Sideshow YouTube video.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200720-095743_Facebook.jpg
Ben Bentley

Re: Surf's Up

Post by Ben Bentley »

What are these? They appear to be statues rather than action figures, right?
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

They are up coming statues being done by IRON Studios. I believe a 1/10th scale.
No price point announced as of yet or pre-order date set. They look very nicely done though.
Iron Studios has done some great stuff, their Christopher Reeve statue was very nice and sold out.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah I was just going to post these but Tyson beat me to it-- they look great-- 1/10th scale so not that big which makes them a win for me-- I love 'em.

Just because SDCC isn't happening in person doesn't mean there won't be a whole lot of announcements of cool stuff coming. Comic-con.org is your start point but a lot of sites are covering Comic-con@home as it's being called.
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

Here are a couple of pictures posted on Facebook.
Attachments
joker.jpg
batman.jpg
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

If you sign up for email updates from Iron Studios you get $15 off. I'm on the fence as to ordering these. I like them a lot, I just have a lot of stuff and there's a fine line between enjoying something and becoming a hoarder. But they are a nice item, I'm particularly fond of The Joker-- I love the lack of white on his neck.
svl

Post by svl »

I'm with u, Andy. Joker is fab, but something about Batman's face (maybe the weird smile) doesn't sit right with me.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I'm still happy when anything Batman '66 related gets made but these looked better in the first photos to me.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I've got to admit, these are actually continuing to grow on me with each time I see the images. The Cesar is particularly calling to me.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I think it's the smile and the cowl markings that turn me away from the Adam piece. The Joker is great, but can you get one without the other? I don't mean are you allowed to-- I just mean they sort of go together.
P.N. Gwynn

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

I received just Batman today (after adding $40 for shipping and tax to complete the order). I must say it is wayyyy smaller than I ever would have envisioned. It’s cool, but is it worth $190 to my door? Probably not. I’m in on the Joker, but they haven’t sent me the invoice on the tax/shipping yet. Don’t know if that’s delayed or what. I figure with the distribution problems it is. So be aware that it’s basically the size of a Mattel or McFarlane figure.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

So that’s about 1/12 scale.

Not sure any of you see this, but shipping from China used to be unusually cheap for some reason. As of September 1, the costs are increasing substantially, nearly 10 fold. One of my Diecast suppliers illustrated that his shipping cost was increasing from $4000 per bulk shipment to $38,000 per shipment. He also indicated that some of the manufacturers were increasing prices on their vehicles significantly. They also said shipments would take much longer, up to 3 months.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!