Jazzinc 1/6 Batmobile

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: Jazzinc 1/6 Batmobile

Post by Lou Szabo »

People in the US are receiving them in 4 days, which is bonkers when you think about it.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Larry A.

Re: Hot Toys rereleases...thoughts?

Post by Larry A. »

svl wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:29 am Ben quote-
"Turns out getting married is not what you describe as "cheap"?"

Oh, just wait, young padawan, just wait. The price of admission is nothing compared to what it's going to cost you in the long run...
Yes, Padawan... Soon You will have Young Ones of Your own and THEY will be wanting bright and shiny toys of their own and YOU will pay for them. By the time they are grown, You will be retired and on a tight budget. Buy what You desire NOW whilst You have the credits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

[media]https://video-iad3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42 ... e=639EB730[/media]
Someone adapted the Batradio to the remote on the ultimate Batmobile. Does it seem smaller than the 1:1 scale?
Frank_The_Riddler

Post by Frank_The_Riddler »

Lou Szabo wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:51 pm
[media]https://video-iad3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42 ... e=639EB730[/media]
Someone adapted the Batradio to the remote on the ultimate Batmobile. Does it seem smaller than the 1:1 scale?
I don’t think he did look closely he has the small remote for the 1:6 Batmobile behind the bat radio ……. Just fooling people
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

:lol: How dastardly!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

PSA:

*** Just throwing this out there again, depending on someone’s Facebook privacy settings, embedding photos or videos directly from FB to the Message Board will not be viewable by the majority of people. ***
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

My apologies, I tried to copy the video link in the second paste, but clearly only FB users can see it. Frank-the-Riddler puzzled it out correctly.
Batradio Remote.jpg
See the circled remote 'neath the Batradio.

Riddle me this - when does a signal not reach it's destination, but does?

A - When it's Two remote.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I thought an aquarium would house this Batmobile, and lo and behold someone found one.

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostor ... -75-gallon
73B65CFA-CE3B-4D65-9260-51C2ADF14E31.png
Item Dimensions

Volume. 75 GAL
Length. 49 IN
Height. 21.25 IN
Width. 19.5 IN

1/2 normal price.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

WOW a 75 gallon tank! That's a big car!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

For those without the space for a 1/6th Batcave like the one Mile Alred built for his, that 75gallon tank is a great option!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Well, I had a slightly dark thought-- it'll be interesting to see what happens when a lot of us age out of this car--i.e. you can't bring it with you to a nursing home. I suspect there will be a lot of these on the second hand market at the same time.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Andy, Everything has a curve. I like to buy high and sell low, but make it up in volume.

That said, I picked up the 75 Gallon Aquarium. Did I say it was glass - that means it's about twice as heavy as acrylic or plastic, but won't scratch easily. I just need to find this in the right scale.
Batcave surround.jpg
Batcave surround.jpg (22.11 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
The batpoles can be the left wall, the Batmobile exit can be the right wall, and the Atomic Pile and computers can be the center. Add the turnaround to the bottom of the display, and a 1/6 Batcomputer in front - man I can visualize it. I have a 12" Penny, and maybe a mechanical Dinosaur and Joker playing card (larger size). Toss in a foreshortened Alfred in 1/12 in front of the starecase in the corner. Now to find a place to display this monstrosity.

Many years ago I made a GI Joe Deep Sea Diver Diarama with a surround image. LED lighting was not readily available then, but now....
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

"buy high and sell low" -- that made me laugh out loud Lou!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:37 am Andy, Everything has a curve. I like to buy high and sell low, but make it up in volume.

That said, I picked up the 75 Gallon Aquarium. Did I say it was glass - that means it's about twice as heavy as acrylic or plastic, but won't scratch easily. I just need to find this in the right scale.
Batcave surround.jpg

The batpoles can be the left wall, the Batmobile exit can be the right wall, and the Atomic Pile and computers can be the center. Add the turnaround to the bottom of the display, and a 1/6 Batcomputer in front - man I can visualize it. I have a 12" Penny, and maybe a mechanical Dinosaur and Joker playing card (larger size). Toss in a foreshortened Alfred in 1/12 in front of the starecase in the corner. Now to find a place to display this monstrosity.

Many years ago I made a GI Joe Deep Sea Diver Diarama with a surround image. LED lighting was not readily available then, but now....
That graphic would be great for your fish tank. Is the surround by the guy the in the UK who used to various versions?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Ben, do you mean UKSteve? Sadly I lost touch with him a while back, 2010 or so, but he made some great backgrounds.

Andy, remember you have to make it up in volume! It’s like that expression:
“it’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye...”. The rest of that phrase is “Then it’s just a game called find the eye”