Jazzinc 1/6 Batmobile

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
greatlakes6

Re: Jazzinc 1/6 Batmobile

Post by greatlakes6 »

Lou Szabo wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:17 pm There is a rumor on FB that Hot Toys is reissuing the 1966 Dynamic Duo. Anyone have more info? Apparently they have noticed competition in the large vehicle area too!
I hope they do. So many people waited on the pair and readily commented how much extra stock there was. Then of course, they sold out after some time, and the secondary market prices skyrocketed. I’ll never understand why all those people who are paying triple the original price just didn’t pick them up when they first came out? Like you mentioned, collectors will want a set for their car, and possibly a second set for other poses. Hot Toys should definitely reissue two of the best 1/6 figures I have ever seen. Perfect time for the Joker to finally be available too!
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

If they reissue them (and especially if HT is planning their own Batmobile) I hope they tweak the fabric with some durability in mind.

Those tights pill up and snag on dry skin from your fingers with normal handling. I shudder to think about inserting and removing them from the seats of the Batmobile.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

If Hot Toys does reissue the 1966 Batman & Robin I hope they improve on the sculpt with straighter ears and redo Robin's flesh tone to normal. Plus fix Robin's neck collar.

And of course FINALLY release their Cesar Romero Joker and rumored already sculpted Yvonne Craig Batgirl.
Cennis68

Post by Cennis68 »

If anyone is interested, I was at Wonderfest in Louisville yesterday and took a lot of photos and video of Jazzincs. 1966 Batmobile. They are posted on Jazzinc Dioramas Facebook page, feel free to repost them on here if you would like. Chris Ennis
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Screenshot_20220604-154116_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220604-142040_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220604-142040_Facebook.jpg
Attachments
Screenshot_20220604-140749_Facebook.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Chris,
What was your take away?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Cennis68

Post by Cennis68 »

Joost asked me this same question, when I walked into the room where Mike Stutelberg was setting up the display, I could not stop looking at the 66, it is a very impressive large, piece of art and like all the others who have ordered one, I cannot wait for it to arrive. Having had a few days now to sift thru my photos, I honestly cannot think of anything else I would ask Joost / Jazzinc. to change on it. Please take into account that this example was the last and final prototype of the car and not the production piece, so where in the photos the chrome parts looks like silver paint, the production piece will be more chrome looking according to photos Joost has put on the Facebook page, and it does looks great! While at Wonderfest, listening to the comments from the masses, Mike would ask them "what do you think this costs?" The majority said 2k or more and when he told them the actual price most couldn't believe it. So rest assured, when yours arrives and you open the box, you will not be disappointed.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That's what I was thinking. I can recall on the old Batmobile forum a 1/6 replica of the Batmobile and I was smitten. I don't need 2 of these, but I might switch over the 2022 Batmobile order to another like this one.
What did you think of that version?

I did ask him to make a 1/9 version for the Mego/FTC figures, but he wanted this one off the ground. That 1/9 version would be a cool addition.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Lou Szabo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:35 pm
I did ask him to make a 1/9 version for the Mego/FTC figures, but he wanted this one off the ground. That 1/9 version would be a cool addition.
In a WonderFest video Mike said 1/6 collectors are willing to spend the money but Mego collectors want things at $20 which is not possible for them.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I have to agree that Mego collectors like it cheap. However they are willing to spend some money on their personal grails.

Joust told me a 1/9 version would cost nearly the same, so I can’t see a large number of buyers flocking to put down their money.

I saw Frank Bonilla (I don’t know if he’s on this board) posted final numbers for the Basic at 300, and Deluxe is closing, but no final number (maybe 300?). I did switch my 22 Batmobile over to the 66 Deluxe, but I didn’t get the low price like my original.

If there was a Mego sized version, I would not expect an opening hood/bonnet or trunk, or opening doors, or steerable wheels. Like the old GIJoe or Big Jim vehicles.

1/9 scale is 25”, so something a kid could play with. The Mattel or McFarlane enlarged would be suitable. $250 to $300, limited to 1,000 units. Wonder how hard it would be to scan in the Mattel and enlarge it on a 3D printer.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

I'm not privy to the JazzInc production numbers. I just made a guess from what Mike said on a WonderFest video. I recall Mike said about 400 will be made.

They should have found some way to send the prototype to SDCC to get more buyers.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

My shipment is scheduled for Sep 16 2022.
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

Mine is scheduled for 9-16-22
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

BatToys wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:56 pm I'm not privy to the JazzInc production numbers. I just made a guess from what Mike said on a WonderFest video. I recall Mike said about 400 will be made.

They should have found some way to send the prototype to SDCC to get more buyers.
Wonder how many the Dragon guys will sell. 1/2 the price, but lots of labor.
svl

Post by svl »

Lots of labor and no windows, not to mention no lighting and sound.