McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:52 pm I just returned from Target, 7 ( seven) masked Riddlers- that's all folks.
I thought that was a chase. I guess I was mistaken Only other figs a have seen are regular batman, masked joker, that's it. . I am there a few times a week, they haven't had much. Never even seen a Batcave or mobile.
It really does feel hit and miss. I've visited a couple of Target's this week and i've only seen multiples of individual figures - one had 3x regular Jokers and the other had four Robins. Not seen a cave or Batmobile for some time, which is ironic given that i've finally come around to the idea of buying a 'mobile after Lou's great modification thread.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

I think the unmasked Riddler has hit the U.S. I have seen at least 3 on eBay in the last 24 hours. Still holding out hope of seeing one in stores though!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm still looking for a masked Joker-- and by looking I mean every three or four days I go to the Target website and do a search. All of the Target's around me have become unpleasant shopping experiences with pallets of merchandise in the aisles while they try to restock while you try to shop.
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Got them !
Attachments
Screenshot_20220126-211355_Gallery.jpg
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I just scored the surf's up set, passed on unmasked Batman. Now I just need a Robin, and I may be done - until the next line comes out.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:26 am I just scored the surf's up set, passed on unmasked Batman. Now I just need a Robin, and I may be done - until the next line comes out.
I saw Robins in my local Target yesterday, just say the word Jimbo and i'll grab one for you and send it your way.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Fellow Bat-Fans: Forgive me, but I haven't kept up with this thread because when I see the name "Target" I tend to ignore the statement because the store of that name will NOT back Veterans' needs. Why they don't? I dunno. Any way, Did Mc Farlane ever bring out a Batgirl? If they did, I would appreciate it if I could be told. Thanks in advance! Cheers
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Vets should always be supported, but retailers are not anyone's friend. There has been no word of additional figures other than what's out. I don't think they're going to go much deeper in the line, but that's a guess. Toy Fair would have been in a couple of weeks, and although it's cancelled, the information and samples company's were going to display at it still exist so I'd expect some word in the next few weeks.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Larry A. wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:34 pm Did Mc Farlane ever bring out a Batgirl? If they did, I would appreciate it if I could be told.
No second wave has been announced, although I have seen pics of a Boxing Riddler prototype.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Andy Fish, Thank You for Your kind comments, It'ds judt that when they refuse to support not only the Vets by letting us give out the "Red Poppies "representing the Poppies of Flanders fields on Armistice Day let alone allow the Girl Scouts sell their cookies on Target's outlot, it really sets me off.

Therin, old Friend, We shall just wait and see. Cheers to You all!
Larry
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

The next wave was rumored to be Penguin and Catwoman (new figures) and Boxer Batman and Boxer Riddler (re-tooled from basic versions) it appears Target wants a Batman in every wave, and McFarlane loves figures they can just re-tool a bit instead of making all new figures. I believe this wave is gonna happen, after this though who knows. I wonder how many waves McFarlane/Target planned. I would think at least 4.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Ben Bentley wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:39 am
Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:26 am I just scored the surf's up set, passed on unmasked Batman. Now I just need a Robin, and I may be done - until the next line comes out.
I saw Robins in my local Target yesterday, just say the word Jimbo and i'll grab one for you and send it your way.
What a generous offer BB, I may take you up on it. Let me try a little longer to find him "in the wild" first.
Thanks so much Ole Chum!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:30 pm
Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:52 pm I just returned from Target, 7 ( seven) masked Riddlers- that's all folks.
I thought that was a chase. I guess I was mistaken Only other figs a have seen are regular batman, masked joker, that's it. . I am there a few times a week, they haven't had much. Never even seen a Batcave or mobile.
It really does feel hit and miss. I've visited a couple of Target's this week and i've only seen multiples of individual figures - one had 3x regular Jokers and the other had four Robins. Not seen a cave or Batmobile for some time, which is ironic given that i've finally come around to the idea of buying a 'mobile after Lou's great modification thread.
Ben- Moved to California? Can Londoners actually do that? I thought it would be like Dracula moving to Miami Beach? I don't know if the US makes enough sun screen for you. ;)
Good news though, hopefully we can connect at SDCC when it actually starts happening again.
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

I just watched a random toy hunt video that popped-up as a recommendation on my youtube. This guy was toy hunting at a Target and he found two unmasked Riddler (chase) figures. He took one and totally overlooked a second one (but spotted while editing his video). It's seen in his video (go to 18:18). So, confirmation these are in Target stores. I got one off ebay and the figures looks really nice.

Barnabas Collins

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

AndyFish wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:47 am
Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:30 pm
Ben- Moved to California? Can Londoners actually do that? I thought it would be like Dracula moving to Miami Beach? I don't know if the US makes enough sun screen for you. ;)
Good news though, hopefully we can connect at SDCC when it actually starts happening again.
Yes, Sir! I moved to the US permanently on January 5th, but fear not, i've been slowly acclimatising my pasty British complexion to the California weather for chunks of times over the last thirteen years 8-)

But yes, looking forward to connecting when you're on the left coast!