McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Ben Bentley »

Scott Sebring wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:45 pm For those who picked up the Villian's Lair, I've added a post to the Bat Crafts Section on replacing the wall graphic and have supplied a PDF for just such a purpose.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8463
vl_craft_Scott_Sebring_05.jpg
So satisfying! Now we just need a window for Hubie to jump from! :lol:
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:08 pm Does the McFarlane Joker have a mustache? I thought it did.
The McFarlane Joker is very impressive! Great face sculpt of Cesar Romero! Only missing pinstripes. I always found the Mattel Joker’s shoulders to be strangely square.

McFarlane and Mattel Jokers by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Therin of Andor wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:21 am
AndyFish wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:08 pm Does the McFarlane Joker have a mustache? I thought it did.
The McFarlane Joker is very impressive! Great face sculpt of Cesar Romero! Only missing pinstripes. I always found the Mattel Joker’s shoulders to be strangely square.

McFarlane and Mattel Jokers by Ian McLean, on Flickr
The square shoulders and head that is scaled too small for the figure always gave the Mattel figures a goofy look to me. But speaking of "goofy" it's less noticeable in the "kowabunga" position that I have my Surf's Up Joker from Mattel posed in as part of my display.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Is anybody finding the Villain's Lair and Alfred as Batman in Massachusetts. If so, where in Massachusetts?
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

King Tut and Two-Face revealed!

https://toynewsi.com/14-44662
svl

Post by svl »

Anybody know there is an unmasked Riddler? I didn’t, but just scored one at Target!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

svl wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:51 pm Anybody know there is an unmasked Riddler? I didn’t, but just scored one at Target!
Yep, he was one of the "unmasked" chase figures of wave one.
Jczernich wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:38 pm King Tut and Two-Face revealed!

https://toynewsi.com/14-44662

Liking what I can see of King Tut so far, although it blows my mind in 2022 that there are still people using potatoes as cameras :lol:

Looking forwarding to seeing some better imagery soon!
svl

Post by svl »

Riddler was Wave 2, wasn’t he?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The pics are likely from NYCC-- where you're not supposed to take photos before the show opens, and sometimes not even after- so that explains the potato photography-- likely someone taking a quick shot before they're chased off. You'll see better photos once the show opens tomorrow.
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

King Tut looks great! I don't have much interest in the Two Face figure. I just wish these figures weren't so impossible to find. I rarely see any of them at my local Target but I guess it's supply vs demand.
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

More from robdtoys on Instagram. Hopefully, video link below works. Notice that King Tut comes with an accessory.

Barnabas Collins

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjWVKF1j ... _copy_link
svl

Post by svl »

You wanna know when u have too much stuff? When u get so excited and buy a fig u have never seen before, and then get home and find said figure in one of your displays. Already had the unmasked Riddler, no recollection of getting or having it…
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:47 pm More from robdtoys on Instagram. Hopefully, video link below works. Notice that King Tut comes with an accessory.

Barnabas Collins

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjWVKF1j ... _copy_link
That's right, i'd actually forgotten that the trading card/lunchbox set is an NYCC exclusive (initially at least). I wonder how long the trickle down will be to Target? As with a lot of the recent waves, it's still showing as a pre-order on Target.com
Todd Grimes wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:48 pm ... I just wish these figures weren't so impossible to find. I rarely see any of them at my local Target but I guess it's supply vs demand.
Honestly, I think it must be a regional issue as far as availability and demographics/sales store to store. Until the Bat-Cycle (which I still haven't got a hold of), I haven't had any real issues with finding any of this line so far on the pegs here in California. I'm fortunate to have three stores of varying sizes in my local area that I frequent regularly.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Do they not have Victor Bueno likeness rights?
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Love King Tut and he seems ready to be sent to stores soon. Two Face may be a bit of a wait since no card art yet. Shocked Tut gets an cane when Penguin and Freeze didn’t get the Umbrella or gun. Umbrella included in Lair was cool, but still no gun for Freeze.