McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Therin of Andor »

svl wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:51 pm Anybody know there is an unmasked Riddler? I didn’t, but just scored one at Target!
Yep. Platinum sticker on the bubble.
McFarlane Riddler unmasked by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Hi GANG,
I stopped in at several Target stores on my way back from Louisville KY. Wow, did the collector area get reduced. also only found one Mr Freeze and one BW Joker in a bent up card. Otherwise NOTHING.

The ebay vultures are still out there. I saw an early-20 something with his Mom rifling through the Hot Wheels boxes. Every Batmobile that has any value on ebay was picked over.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Saw these in a FB group
Attachments
FB_IMG_1665083163775.jpg
FB_IMG_1665083168678.jpg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

TysonL wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:07 pm Saw these in a FB group
Ahhh the inevitable Pink cowl variant! But honestly, if we keep getting villains, i'm still in! I've gotta admit that the B&W Riddler with the mask around his neck looks great, feels like he's straight out of those great BTS images from the pilot.

'66 Two Face seems still feels like a crowbarred addition to this line, potentially in hope of attracting less-TV-oriented Bat-Fans?

I'm still holding out for Bookworm and False Face, the latter of whom I feel like could (ironically) be an easy re-paint of Two-Face, with the addition of mask and hat.

I'm wondering if there will be any word from NYCC as to how much further McFarlane are looking at continuing this line?
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

From the McFarlane panel at NYCC:

Todd’s “favorite” line is coming with new stuff too. Alfred as Batman was previously announced and already on pre-order, while Egghead and Black and White versions of Riddler and Robin leaks have been out for a while now.

Then onto 2023, we’re seeing for the first time these leaked listings, with a special mention to the Two Face figure, that comes with a coin and I’d love to see scaled into the 7in line, because it looks great, given that he’s based on the looks from the comics that continue the old ’66 tv universe.

https://projectactionfigure.com/2022/10 ... ycc-panel/
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

I wonder when the pre-order of Egghead will start. Already seeing them on Ebay from Japan.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

johndeblasi wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:11 am I wonder when the pre-order of Egghead will start. Already seeing them on Ebay from Japan.
They’re listed as Fall and the Alfred is already hitting pegs, if previous waves are anything to go by then the other figures in this batch can’t be far behind.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Definitely can see Tut’s cape is cloth, but is his skirt part of his outfit cloth too? Hard to tell.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

What are the chances we will get Poison Ivy and Scarecrow from the 66 comic? I’d personally love that as I think it will keep the line alive, but right now Mad Hatter is who I’d really love to see (besides Suited Riddler, Lee’s Catwoman and Batgirl)
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Found the Villain's Lair at the Milford, MA Target and cancelled my online order. No sign of Alfred as Batman in the Targets in Millbury, Mitford, or Leominster. Anybody finding him in Massachusetts at all?
Barnabas Collins

dHunter over on youtube reviews Alfred as Batman figure. I sure hope McFarlane does a regular Alfred figure.

Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins

Re: Target Shenanigans

Target.com wanted me to approve a delay for my June 2022 preorder of Mr. Freeze figure (which I bought in a Target store almost two months ago), so I cancelled my entire order (including Villains lair and batcycle, also purchased in a Target store).

Barnabas Collins
Barnabas Collins

rickkrefft wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:56 am Definitely can see Tut’s cape is cloth, but is his skirt part of his outfit cloth too? Hard to tell.
Also, hard to tell for sure, but looks like King Tut comes with a figure base. See previous packaging photo below and area in green.

Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins

Got Alfred as Batman figure tonight at a Target. Looks okay, but I'd prefer to have a regular Alfred figure.

Barnabas Collins
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:38 am
rickkrefft wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:56 am Definitely can see Tut’s cape is cloth, but is his skirt part of his outfit cloth too? Hard to tell.
Also, hard to tell for sure, but looks like King Tut comes with a figure base. See previous packaging photo below and area in green.

Barnabas Collins

Is that green area not the place holder for the onomatopoeia?