McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
BiffPow

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by BiffPow »

Don’t they also meet Archie Andrews and the gang? Ha ha!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Yes, they did. And we can maybe add Scooby Doo too. Archie and gang for sure. I thought there might be one more - Superman from the 50's or 70's.

Anyway if they bring out 12 figures per year, they have a good long list. That list didn't include the good guys or supporting cast either.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ken Holtzhouser

Post by Ken Holtzhouser »

I just can't wait to see who's next
Attachments
united.jpg
united.jpg (55.83 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm surprised the line has gone this deep, but I guess that owes much to the company owner being a fan, as opposed to a Funko or a Mattel where they have to answer to sales figures. Because let's be honest, how many King Tuts or Eggheads could they sell (and I'm a huge fan of both).
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Great looking collection, Ken!

I think a lot of the characters unique to the show will sell well simply because of the fact that no one else made 1/12 figures of these characters. Look how quickly they are selling out (at least here).
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

But are speculators buying, or fans?
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Speculators so WE end up paying more!
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Larry,
Its good and bad. Buying them keeps the line coming, but if your not at the store or have the time to search, you're out. We have a FB group here in NEO (North East Ohio) of toy collectors who post when they see new stuff in stores, complete with location.

The part that really worries me is Target reducing the size of the collector area - down to 6 feet of clutter. I'm not sure they would put these and similar lines in a regular toy aisle.

There are so many more characters they can do from the Batman'66 line if they don't have the likeness licenses or they didn't make it to the show: Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Lord Deathman, etc.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Lou Szabo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:43 pm Larry,
Its good and bad. Buying them keeps the line coming, but if your not at the store or have the time to search, you're out.

The part that really worries me is Target reducing the size of the collector area - down to 6 feet of clutter. I'm not sure they would put these and similar lines in a regular toy aisle.
Yes, Larry, I’m sure a lot of the problem involves speculators. I’ve noticed that they also grab up the Sideshow Universal monster figures and pretty much any other Target exclusive with a limited niche or run.

And, to your comment, Lou, we have two Targets, but one of them does not carry any of the 1966 Batman line. Target also cut the size of the collector area down to about 6 feet, and, as you say, one of them just looks like a dumping area with very little organization or collectibles in it. The other does not place the 1966 characters in the general toy area, so, cutting down the size of the “Adult Collectible” area may prompt them focus on more recognizable lines.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

The good news is the link I gave you a couple of pages ago works, and you receive them in about 2 weeks! I'm still waiting on Egghead, and that outfit is already sold out. The drawback is you pay for shipping. On the other hand, what I paid for shipping, I saved on the figures, so it's net even.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Wayne manor is slated to go up for order on Target.com tomorrow (2/9)

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:41 pm Wayne manor is slated to go up for order on Target.com tomorrow (2/9)

Oh man, this is what i've been excited to see! Although very interesting that this playset is technically in the wave after Tut/Two-Face and those figures haven't even gone up for pre-sale yet.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Wow, Wayne Manor looks good so far from what I can see. Hope the rest of this wave is up soon.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

It doesn’t look as if the bookcase slides to show the batpoles though, which does surprise me. Seem it’s all a one piece wall. Can’t wait to see full pic’s tomorrow to confirm this to be true or not.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

The batphone lights up too. Wonder if the bust head flips back