McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Therin of Andor »

Larry A. wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:15 pm I think that whatever the reason YC's likeness wasn't used, It's her estate's loss.
It was Yvonne's choice not to have an "in perpetuity" clause in her agreement. And her Estate has never been approached by DC Comics to attempt to renegotiate. McFarlane can't do the approach. They can only do the characters permitted by the licence holder.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

It occurred to me whilst dusting my bookshelf yesterday that perhaps the "66 Comic Joker" we may well be getting from McFarlane could be this one:

Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Therin of Andor wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:21 am
Larry A. wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:15 pm I think that whatever the reason YC's likeness wasn't used, It's her estate's loss.
It was Yvonne's choice not to have an "in perpetuity" clause in her agreement. And her Estate has never been approached by DC Comics to attempt to renegotiate. McFarlane can't do the approach. They can only do the characters permitted by the licence holder.
Hi Ian,
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that Yvonne didn't want the "perpetual clause" I was just giving my opinion., that's all. As always, I appreciate Your input, my Friend!

Cheers!
Larry
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Possible teaser for an accessory pack?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... tid=Nif5oz
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I don’t know, but this looks like something Ben or Scott, or both, would have done in researching the original locations for the episodes. I think I remember seeing a photo that one of them posted very similar to this not long ago.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

BiffPow wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:06 am I don’t know, but this looks like something Ben or Scott, or both, would have done in researching the original locations for the episodes. I think I remember seeing a photo that one of them posted very similar to this not long ago.
I think it is figures in the pic, not the original actors. It was also posted by McFarlane Toys.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Yes, I knew it was figures. I saw a post from Ben or Scott (I think) where they tracked down the original locations (including the beach) and posed figures there.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I don't believe it is part of the Batman series, but they are doing Action Comics Superman. Can Detective comics Batman be far behind?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I don't believe it is part of the Batman series, but they are doing Action Comics Superman. Can Detective comics Batman be far behind?
McFarlane Wave 6.jpg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

BiffPow wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:06 am I don’t know, but this looks like something Ben or Scott, or both, would have done in researching the original locations for the episodes. I think I remember seeing a photo that one of them posted very similar to this not long ago.
We did post pics of the Mattel "Surf's Up" Batman at the original beach location a little while back before the McFarlane versions came out. That other pic posted wasn't one of those though.
IMG_9183.jpg
IMG_9212.JPG
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Ahh! Thanks, Scott. I remembered seeing figures at the original beach location, but did not remember they were Mattel. I guess that’s why I couldn’t find it when I searched.

So it looks like they were inspired by the work you and Ben were doing.
Therin of Andor

Lou Szabo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:58 pm I don't believe it is part of the Batman series, but they are doing Action Comics Superman. Can Detective comics Batman be far behind?
Cool! Funko did this one in the smaller scale. When I bought it on eBay, the seller included a bonus enamelled pin that came with it. (Sadly, I lost the hat I had pinned it on!)

Funko BBT Batman and Superman and my custom Mr Freeze by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Digging your George Sanders Mr. Freeze. Your customs are great fun, Ian. Or, as Preminger’s Freeze might say: “WILD!”

Good vision AND the skills to carry them out.

Did you make the diorama backdrop?
Therin of Andor

BiffPow wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:56 am Digging your George Sanders Mr. Freeze. Your customs are great fun, Ian. Or, as Preminger’s Freeze might say: “WILD!”
Good vision AND the skills to carry them out.
Thanks!
Did you make the diorama backdrop?
No, the 4" action figures from "The Big Bang Theory", produced by Bif!Bang!Pow!, each came with cute little dioramas to suit each character! Perfect for the Funkos and Mezcos to use.
Therin of Andor

BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Kind of has a mid-century modern vibe. Looks good with the retro figures.