McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rickkrefft

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by rickkrefft »

Therin of Andor wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:00 am I am really torn but will probably resist the McFarlane Batgirl. I have the Mattel Batgirl loose, and another one in the Terrific Trio boxed set. Plus, I already shortened my McFarlane Eartha Catwoman to scale her better with Mattel Batgirl.

I do love the pose in McFarlane’s pic of his Batgirl though.

Similarly, the breathing mask Dynamic Duo didn’t excite me when FTC offered them.

Although normally a completist, I am not compelled this time.

Mad Hatter, Bruce and Dick must surely be in the next wave? Companion figures for the irradiated cowl Batman and the Wayne Manor Library.
I think you’ll regret not getting Batgirl. She’s a great figure and the exact same height as the Mattel Batgirl I put them back to back when I opened her. I was on the fence too thinking I wouldn’t like her as much as the Mattel one but I ended up liking her way more. Yes, Mattel’s Batgirl has the better cape, but everything else is better on the McFarlane Batgirl. Neither look much like Yvonne so they are pretty even in that part.

Sadly Mad Hatter, Bruce and Dick or not in the next wave, they appear to be reissuing wave 1 including the Batmobile and probably the figures with new accessories, along with comic book versions of Superman and Lord Death Man. I really wanted Scarecrow, and definitely wanted Mad Hatter.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Mike Binose, the moderator for the FB McFarlane ‘66 Batman page bedazzled his Batgirl
Bedazzled Batgirl
Bedazzled Batgirl
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
dodgr31

Post by dodgr31 »

Is the Batgirl Figure a Platinum Edition or did he just put the sticker on it? I dont see that on the other ones.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

dodgr31 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:32 pm Is the Batgirl Figure a Platinum Edition or did he just put the sticker on it? I dont see that on the other ones.
Same question. I had been searching for a difference, wondering if there was a "sparkly" Platinum edition.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

rickkrefft wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:22 pm
Therin of Andor wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:00 am I am really torn but will probably resist the McFarlane Batgirl. I have the Mattel Batgirl loose, and another one in the Terrific Trio boxed set. Plus, I already shortened my McFarlane Eartha Catwoman to scale her better with Mattel Batgirl.

I do love the pose in McFarlane’s pic of his Batgirl though.

Similarly, the breathing mask Dynamic Duo didn’t excite me when FTC offered them.

Although normally a completist, I am not compelled this time.

Mad Hatter, Bruce and Dick must surely be in the next wave? Companion figures for the irradiated cowl Batman and the Wayne Manor Library.
I think you’ll regret not getting Batgirl. She’s a great figure and the exact same height as the Mattel Batgirl I put them back to back when I opened her. I was on the fence too thinking I wouldn’t like her as much as the Mattel one but I ended up liking her way more. Yes, Mattel’s Batgirl has the better cape, but everything else is better on the McFarlane Batgirl. Neither look much like Yvonne so they are pretty even in that part.

Sadly Mad Hatter, Bruce and Dick or not in the next wave, they appear to be reissuing wave 1 including the Batmobile and probably the figures with new accessories, along with comic book versions of Superman and Lord Death Man. I really wanted Scarecrow, and definitely wanted Mad Hatter.
I'm not giving up on Mad Hatter just yet! They may be reissuing non-gas mask Batmans & Robins as they are being sold through more retailers not and so collectors have extras to put in the multiple Bat-vehicles they have released.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

It’s just a sticker.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

dHunter over on youtube reviews '66 Batgirl. Also, Toy Shiz reviews Batgirl and oxygen mask Batman and Robin. Toy Shiz shows off the Batzooka accessory, including with the crew in the BatBoat.

Barnabas Collins

Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Will Batgirl be exclusive to Target? I have a feeling demand will be high.
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

The more I see of Batgirl up close, the less I like the figure. Her legs look to be placed far back under the torso allowing the upper body to cast a shadow and cause a gap under the utility belt. Also the slightly exposed teeth make her look a little crazy.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

This Batgirl's face looks more like Leslie Grace who was the canceled Batgirl.
Barnabas Collins

dHunter over on youtube reviews oxygen mask Batman and Robin figures.

Barnabas Collins
Barnabas Collins

All Things 80s over on youtube reviews the BatBoat and the Wayne Manor Library playset.

Barnabas Collins

BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:04 pm All Things 80s over on youtube reviews the BatBoat and the Wayne Manor Library playset.

Barnabas Collins

Does anyone know of anybody who received their McFarlane Batcycle, Batmobile or Batboat with “cracked windshield” or other pieces broken off? Seems a bit overly critical of the packaging. For me, the packaging reminds me of the toys that you might have bought in the 1960s.

I know it’s not exactly the same, but I remember toys being sold that weren’t completely enclosed in boxes. Like these
Attachments
3C58209E-B61B-4C78-8A3F-4A5BF30802E1.jpeg
3C58209E-B61B-4C78-8A3F-4A5BF30802E1.jpeg (33.88 KiB) Viewed 14439 times
E8C074DE-46CC-4BF7-B7D3-1EB4E0CD5D05.jpeg
E8C074DE-46CC-4BF7-B7D3-1EB4E0CD5D05.jpeg (45.33 KiB) Viewed 14440 times
ACE466A1-DD1E-4168-9C18-D110D12B7FC0.jpeg
ACE466A1-DD1E-4168-9C18-D110D12B7FC0.jpeg (46.98 KiB) Viewed 14440 times
7872019C-D363-412D-8A53-E9823EF9CCD9.jpeg
7872019C-D363-412D-8A53-E9823EF9CCD9.jpeg (42.4 KiB) Viewed 14440 times
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

rickkrefft wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:22 pm She’s a great figure and the exact same height as the Mattel Batgirl I put them back to back when I opened her.
Really? McFarlane Batgirl fills the whole bubble in the pics and she seems taller than the Batman figure in that wave.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

BatToys wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:32 pm This Batgirl's face looks more like Leslie Grace who was the canceled Batgirl.
I thought the same thing. Perhaps McFarlane were going to do toys based on the batgirl movie and just repurposed the molds?