McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by AndyFish »

Lou-
The only way the Batcave is coming up for me is the link thru McFarlane.com to Target.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Found it, thank you. Ordered it. Looks like one to a customer.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Here's an unboxing video of the Batcave.

Some minor quibbles: Robin's cape has scallops, which I guess can be fixed with a scissors. One of the computers in the set has a modern keyboard. Overall, though, this is quite nice for the price point and I am expect that hobbyists will have a field day customizing it. I hope that it will still display well with the Mattel Batmobile.
svl

Post by svl »

Lot of misaligned stickers. Still cool, but those with OCD are going to struggle with possibly ripping them in an attempt to reapply...
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

On the fence about these. I don't love the figures, but the batcave set is pretty cool. I've been trying to dial back the amount of "stuff" I have, but if it weren't for that I would be ordering these without question!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I like them more and more for their sturdiness. These look like toys you could play with. The Mattel figure with the skinny legs and weak joints would have driven me crazy.
svl

Post by svl »

Got the notice my Batmobile will be here on Monday... :)
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

I notice the street date for this line is Monday but do you think some Target stores may put them out early?

Anybody on here actually seen them on shelves yet?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

svl wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:10 pm Got the notice my Batmobile will be here on Monday... :)
if you have the Mattel figures, please post a picture with those in the Batmobile. Heck, if you have the Mattel Batmobile, I'd like to see them side by side. This one seems shorter for some reason. Can't wait for the Batcave to arrive. I should have kept that larger T-Rex....and I do have a larger Penny (about 12"). That should be in scale.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Anybody see them as their local Target today? I know the street date is tomorrow but sometimes they put them out early.
svl

Post by svl »

Lou Szabo wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:43 pm
svl wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:10 pm Got the notice my Batmobile will be here on Monday... :)
if you have the Mattel figures, please post a picture with those in the Batmobile. Heck, if you have the Mattel Batmobile, I'd like to see them side by side. This one seems shorter for some reason. Can't wait for the Batcave to arrive. I should have kept that larger T-Rex....and I do have a larger Penny (about 12"). That should be in scale.
I have 'em all, Lou. Just 4 you, I will post pix. :)
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

svl wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:32 am
Lou Szabo wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:43 pm
I have 'em all, Lou. Just 4 you, I will post pix. :)
Did you find them at a Target today?
svl

Post by svl »

He asked about the Mattel figs & Mobile- that's what I have.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

svl wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:35 pm He asked about the Mattel figs & Mobile- that's what I have.
But, did you find them at Target before today?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Jczernich wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:17 am
svl wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:35 pm He asked about the Mattel figs & Mobile- that's what I have.
But, did you find them at Target before today?
He’s talking about the Mattel Batman toys which came out many years ago.
According to the Target website, the McFarlane toys are neither in stock online or in stores, so your best bet would be to call your local Target if you really want to know. If you give them the item number, which I assume is in the listing, but keep in mind Targets customer service is less than stellar.

According to a press release Target will have these in stores August and September.