McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rsaffle

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by rsaffle »

That light up phone made me giggle with excitement! Looking forward to the boat too!
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:55 pm The batphone lights up too. Wonder if the bust head flips back
I desperately want that to be true but I'm fairly certain that's just a basic After-Effects overlay they used to animate the phone.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Ken Holtzhouser wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:47 am I just can't wait to see who's next
Great pic! Filing cabinet needs a sticker at the top:

Custom "Metallic Confetti" signage by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
namtab

Post by namtab »

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Here are some photos now the pre-orders are live.

Release date 16th April, so based on previous waves we may start seeing these on shelves in store in around four weeks.

https://www.target.com/p/mcfarlane-toys ... nk=sametab

https://www.target.com/p/mcfarlane-toys ... nk=sametab

AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Well the book case opens which is a must, but the phone doesn't look like it lights up-- shame, but still cool. I'll go with my original thought that it would be cool if you could stack this over the cave. I'm not a playset guy but if I had small kids I'd be all over these.
I did order a Batboat-- I had a $50 gift card an Aunt gave me for my birthday and since I don't actually shop at Target this was an easy yes. It won't get be to take a bath-- didn't like them when I was six and haven't taken one since but it's pretty cool.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

BIG smile!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Fun! I do wish the phone light up but I'm still happy.
Flame graphic bothers me a little on the boat but that's an easy fix.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

Wayne Manor playset and BatBoat look great. Pre-ordered earlier today at target.com.

Barnabas Collins
eewdoc

Post by eewdoc »

Now we DEFINITELY need Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson and Alfred figures since the three of them now are in Batman and Robin costumes.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:41 am Fun! I do wish the phone light up but I'm still happy.
Flame graphic bothers me a little on the boat but that's an easy fix.
The more i'm looking at the boat and its interior especially, i'm wondering if we can convince Scooter at PimpMyBatmobile to do a run of dash decals.

Barnabas Collins

Is The Archer figure next? Target.com has this as the description for the BatBoat:

BATMAN™ and ROBIN™ operate from the large caverns below stately WAYNE MANOR™. They are constantly developing new technologies, vehicles and weapons to aid in their never-ending crusade against crime in GOTHAM CITY™. Whether by land, air or sea the CAPED CRUSADERS are always prepared to deliver justice. After pulling off a $10 million counterfeit heist, THE ARCHER™ and his gang of “merry malefactors” head for their getaway boat, planning to take their loot safely to Switzerland. The DYNAMIC DUO™ set off in the BATBOAT™ to prevent the villains’ escape.

Essentially, the synopsis of episode, Walk the Straight and Narrow.

Barnabas Collins
Barnabas Collins

Another observation--in the Wayne Manor playset, looks like Bruce's batpole is thicker than Dick's---just like on tv! Also, the batpole closet has a floor in the playset--no sliding down the poles. Still, I love this playset! We need Bruce and Dick figures in street clothes, and also Alfred.

Barnabas Collins

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:27 pm Is The Archer figure next? Target.com has this as the description for the BatBoat:

BATMAN™ and ROBIN™ operate from the large caverns below stately WAYNE MANOR™. They are constantly developing new technologies, vehicles and weapons to aid in their never-ending crusade against crime in GOTHAM CITY™. Whether by land, air or sea the CAPED CRUSADERS are always prepared to deliver justice. After pulling off a $10 million counterfeit heist, THE ARCHER™ and his gang of “merry malefactors” head for their getaway boat, planning to take their loot safely to Switzerland. The DYNAMIC DUO™ set off in the BATBOAT™ to prevent the villains’ escape.

Essentially, the synopsis of episode, Walk the Straight and Narrow.

Barnabas Collins
My take on that is that the "Classic Batman TV Series" merch license only pertains to the show and not the '66 Movie (as we experienced with the alternate graphic on the United Underworld playset), so this is their way of establishing provenance for the Boat on the TV show given that the Archer episode was the most prominent (non-stock footage) use of the Boat post-movie.