McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rsaffle

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by rsaffle »

Ben Bentley wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:08 pm The lair is definitely the item i've been most looking forward to from this recent wave, i've had my United Underworld graphic ready and waiting for months! :lol:
I haven't got my hands on one yet. Let me know if the graphic needs to be tweaked to fit into the shape.
I plan on creating a cover of some type to keep the existing graphic in place.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

Ben Bentley wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:08 pm
The lair is definitely the item i've been most looking forward to from this recent wave, i've had my United Underworld graphic ready and waiting for months! :lol:
Can we see your custom when done? Thanks.

Barnabas Collins
Barnabas Collins

Another picture of the Egghead figure on Instagram. Looks great.

Barnabas Collins

Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:32 pm Another picture of the Egghead figure on Instagram. Looks great.

Barnabas Collins

I love the mustache on Cesar, but if I might (and I'm NOT criticizing You) suggest that You redo his mustache in a light ghost grey so it would look more like it did to some of us with a B/W TV. Cheers!
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I don't think the figure belongs to Barnabas, Larry, I think he's just posting from Instagram here. Does the McFarlane Joker have a mustache? I thought it did.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:52 pm
Ben Bentley wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:08 pm The lair is definitely the item i've been most looking forward to from this recent wave, i've had my United Underworld graphic ready and waiting for months! :lol:
I haven't got my hands on one yet. Let me know if the graphic needs to be tweaked to fit into the shape.
I plan on creating a cover of some type to keep the existing graphic in place.
I'm going to do the measurements and start the process tomorrow, so I'll let you know! I think i'm going to do satin heavy photo paper stock.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:08 pm I don't think the figure belongs to Barnabas, Larry, I think he's just posting from Instagram here. Does the McFarlane Joker have a mustache? I thought it did.
Ok, Thanks, Andy! :D
Larry
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Have others found a broad selection of the McFarlane line available simultaneously somewhere. I got the Batcave thinking it might go with my Funko and Mezco figures, but the increasing offerings make McFarland look like the one to get. However, I’ve never seen more than the occasional piece show up at my local Target.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Bookworm wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:09 pm Have others found a broad selection of the McFarlane line available simultaneously somewhere. I got the Batcave thinking it might go with my Funko and Mezco figures, but the increasing offerings make McFarland look like the one to get. However, I’ve never seen more than the occasional piece show up at my local Target.
Bizarrely one of my local Targets has what seems to have a full case of the Riddler’s from the first wave back on the peg alongside the B&W figures, a Penguin and a handful of Earthas.

Overall (until the Batcycle) I had not had any issues with finding each item in this line as it was released.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

For those of you buying these why don't you just order them online instead of multiple trips out? Is it the thrill of the hunt and finding them in the wild?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I ordered these and I’m still waiting from July
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:01 pm For those of you buying these why don't you just order them online instead of multiple trips out? Is it the thrill of the hunt and finding them in the wild?
There is definitely a novelty/thrill of the chase aspect trying to find these in the wild. But also, on a more practical note (in this specific case) those ordering online have had varying degrees of luck. I can almost hands down say that i've found and had most of this line on display in my collection before people have even had a dispatch notification.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Makes sense-- it's been sometime since I was interested in these and I'm not surprised Target's shipping reliability is less than stellar. Still, my abject dislike of mass retailers is enough to keep me away.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

For those who picked up the Villian's Lair, I've added a post to the Bat Crafts Section on replacing the wall graphic and have supplied a PDF for just such a purpose.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8463
vl_craft_Scott_Sebring_05.jpg
Barnabas Collins

Looks great. Thanks, Scott.

Barnabas Collins