McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Scott Sebring »

Therin of Andor wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:42 pm Batgirl looks to be as tall as the Eartha Catwoman.
Ben. I won the bet. Pay up. ;)
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

If Superman is included in the next wave, could there be a future McFarlane ‘66 Green Hornet and Kato coming? Or what about Sir John Steed and Emma Peel? Or Napoleon Solo, Illya Kuryakin and Alexander Waverly? Or even a 1977 Wonder Woman? Archie?

Of course, there’s still so much from the Batman series that should be made. Really need some more TV-series-based villains and cliffhanger traps!

Would love to see the British Avengers duo and the “Men” from U.N.C.L.E. in figure form! Aside from the Product Enterprise versions of John Steed and Emma Peel, which are quite pricey now, I’m not aware of any other action figures for those two. Gilbert toys made the only semi-poseable U.N.C.L.E. action figures (Solo and Kuryakin) back in the 1960s.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

WB has the likeness rights to Lynda Carter so there's a good chance McFarlane will make a '77 Wonder Woman for the '66 Batman line.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

BatToys wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:25 pm WB has the likeness rights to Lynda Carter so there's a good chance McFarlane will make a '77 Wonder Woman for the '66 Batman line.
👍
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

:D
Larry
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Box of Awesome: new Batman stuff arrives by Ian McLean, on Flickr

King Tut, Catwoman and Riddler hold my new goodies to ransom.

Almost had heart failure. The secret sliding bookcase in the Wayne Library had actually slid away, and was taped open, and I actually thought it was missing for a while. Whew!

Also been attaching red pinstripes to the Batboat. So glad I saw others posting about those (and the diagrams on the back of the stickers). Success!

Thanks "Zing! Pop Culture" in Australia.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

BiffPow wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:05 am If Superman is included in the next wave, could there be a future McFarlane ‘66 Green Hornet and Kato coming?
The Green Hornet & Kato are not the IPs of DC/WB. Unless McFarlane Toys produces characters from non-DC properties, I'd doubt they would ever make GH & K figures.
Beneath Wayne Manor
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:58 am
BiffPow wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:05 am If Superman is included in the next wave, could there be a future McFarlane ‘66 Green Hornet and Kato coming?
The Green Hornet & Kato are not the IPs of DC/WB. Unless McFarlane Toys produces characters from non-DC properties, I'd doubt they would ever make GH & K figures.
Of course. Didn’t think of that.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This is an interesting point that I would have instinctively agreed with BWH on until recently. Our friends at FanSets released their Green Hornet pin badges under the Batman "Classic TV Series" product license. I'm going to reach out and try and clarify what the situation is with that.

BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:32 am
This is an interesting point that I would have instinctively agreed with BWH on until recently. Our friends at FanSets released their Green Hornet pin badges under the Batman "Classic TV Series" product license. I'm going to reach out and try and clarify what the situation is with that.

:shock: WOW! Perhaps because of the TV show cross-over? Would LOVE to see that happen.
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

How is this possible?! BatGirl in the Wayne Manor library, peeking at Batman on the BatPole?!? :o :shock: :lol:

Barnabas Collins

Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The Green Hornet and Kato were in the 66 Comic which is what McFarlane has licensed, it doesn't always mean you get all the characters in such a license but it usually does. Hence the pins released under the 66 Banner. I'd actually be surprised if he doesn't do them.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Ordered Batgirl last night
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Some more in and photos of the B&R Oxygen Mask variants and Batgirl. Holy Batzooza!

More photos can be found here:
https://toynewsi.com/14-47456