McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Barnabas Collins

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Barnabas Collins »

Review of the McFarlane Mr. Freeze figure. Looks great.

Barnabas Collins

Hedji

Post by Hedji »

I hopped onto line this seeing Eartha and Freeze. Sadly, I missed the standard Joker. Any chance they'll reissue him?
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Hedji wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:38 pm I hopped onto line this seeing Eartha and Freeze. Sadly, I missed the standard Joker. Any chance they'll reissue him?
Probably not a reissue but you should be able to find him at a decent price on Facebook market place or such.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Barnabas Collins

According to a foreign wholesaler, here's the next wave for McFarlane retro Batman:

[Pre-order-09] McFarlane DC Retro 6IN WV5 Batman 66 Alfred As Batman NYCC
[Pre-order:2022-09] McFarlane DC Retro 6IN WV5 Batman 66 The Riddler Black & White TV Variant
[Pre-order:2022-11] Mcfarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV6 BATMAN 66 KING TUT
[Pre-order:2022-09] McFarlane DC Retro 6IN WV5 Batman 66 Robin Black & White TV Variant

Appears to ship in 150-180 days. This is a rumor. Nothing's official until announced by McFarlane.

What I want to see next is Egghead, a regular Alfred, Mad Hatter, BookWorm, and to fit the figures, the Batcopter and the Batboat. Wishful thinking?!

Barnabas Collins
Barnabas Collins

I saw another review of the McFarlane Batcycle. The reviewer used the Mattel '66 Batman and Robin figures on the Batcycle and they looked fine.

Barnabas Collins
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Very good news about King Tut, and I really wanted b&w Robin to go with b&w Batman. Alfred As Batman seems like an odd choice, but maybe that’s the only Alfred we will get as McFarlane only released Bruce and Dick as unmasked versions of Batman and Robin. I’m guessing b&w Penguin and Catwoman will come next?? I really want Egghead, Mad Hatter and Pink Cowl Batman too. I was hoping we’d see the Batcopter for Christmas. Guess not.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Tut and BW Robin for sure. By the way, Mattel/Hot Wheels already released 3 Diecast 1/12 Batcycles, a regular, an elite, and the last with figures. I think I’ve seen pics of the Mattel 66 figures on the bike.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:09 pm
[Pre-order-09] McFarlane DC Retro 6IN WV5 Batman 66 Alfred As Batman NYCC
I just noticed the listing for Alfred as Batman references "NYCC." New York Comic Con? That's in two months! Wonder if McFarlane will re-use Batman's body sculpt for the Alfred figure?

Barnabas Collins
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Back when Jim Lee was drawing a Batman comic and I still read modern comics there was an issue where Alfred took off his shirt-- and he was buff- built exactly like Batman. I think Jim is a terrific artist but it's clear he either has a twisted vision of Alfred or he can only draw one body type. If Todd's line uses Batman's body it's gonna look kind of goofy-- but knowing how they like to retool for variants I wouldn't be shocked.

Julie Catwoman was listed as SDCC and that came out about four weeks before San Diego, so could be the same thing here. I've given up on the line, but I hope it goes deep for those of you who are into it-- and it's never a bad thing to have another King Tut figure!

And I was curious how Target was doing with the Retro Batman figures and Mr Freeze is listed as a pre-order which is bizarre because my son sent me a pic of a figure on a peg at the store because he didn't know they were coming out. I don't know if Target has a horrible distribution problem or McFarland does, but something ain't right!

And what's up with the lack of accessories for this line? Mr Freeze with no gun, Penguin with no Umbrella-- what are you supposed to do have the figures standing around like they're at a cocktail party?
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

I completely agree with you Andy. I got an email from Target stating the Catwoman (Julie) figure should be released 8-15-22. But I see she is available now and has been all over Ebay for awhile.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

And the Target site still says coming soon on the Batcycle and its already been spotted too. That's why I'm not just ordering them. I don't want to pre-order and not have it and then see one at the store first.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Barnabas Collins

I got the Batcycle at a Target last night, Mr. Freeze on Monday, and Catwoman-Julie Newmar about 2 weeks ago. The Batcycle looks great, and so do the figures. I will keep preordering at target.com, but only as a backup.

Barnabas Collins
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

The lack of accessories is disappointing, but it all boils down to keeping it at a price point below $20, which even at that, they are having trouble selling out. I hope this line has legs to go really deep. Seems to me a good way to keep the line going is to have standard Batman and Robin available with every wave. I know I would want to get them again as gifts or openers, but they're already up 2X on the secondary market prices. Sort of the way Kenner always kept Darth Vader re-released with each line of vintage Star Wars.

I wasn't into this line at all, having a few of the Mattel figures.

But then I saw Eartha Kitt Catwoman and my mind exploded. This line is really shaping up nicely.

I sure do hope McFarlane can work something out with Yvonne Craig's estate.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Great (prospective) news about King Tut! Having him in this scale is a big win in my book.

Julie and Otto are readily available on pegs in stores here in California and have been for a month or more now. I have yet to find a Batcycle in person, but i'm seeing people online who have come across them. Don't think anyone has their mits on the B&W figures as yet?
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Yeah I haven’t seen anyone with the Villains Lair or b&w figures yet. I’m guessing soon they’ll show up because I did see pics of them in overseas locations on the shelf. I’m wondering if we will see an Unmasked Catwoman as a chase. Wasn’t any chase with Wave 3 part 1. Perhaps Wave 3 part 2 will include a chase? For some reason Julie, Mr. Freeze, plus the b&w Batman and Joker all say W3 instead of W4 on the card back. Not sure why McFarlane extended the 3rd wave?