McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Lou Szabo »

Target said my shipment are held up due to Catwoman. That pesky feline is robbing me of enjoyment LOL
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:29 am Target said my shipment are held up due to Catwoman. That pesky feline is robbing me of enjoyment LOL
The irony being that I could buy one down the street from our house today and mail it to you in less time... Sorry Lou!
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

I am just delightfully surprised that Target hasn't cancelled any of my pre-orders for this, or the last wave. It's a miracle!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Catwoman is shipping, but the rest of the new wave is held up. Not sure if it is BW Batman or the Lair.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
svl

Post by svl »

Anybody find the Villains Lair in the wild?
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I initially brushed off this line - figuring it would last two waves (maximum) and only give us all the main ‘staples’ that Mattel/Funko had already brought out. But now, scrolling through this thread, it looks like Mcfarlane’s done a bang up job with the license! I think I’m gonna have to go out and hunt down some of these. I really hope the earlier stuff isn’t hard to find.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

That’s why I think it would be smart to keep Batman and Robin themselves always a part of each wave. As the line evolves, it gets more impressive and can attract new fans. Having Batman and Robin already double retail on eBay is discouraging.
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

Two more rumored figures for the McFarlane retro Batman line:

[Pre-order:2022-12] Mcfarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV6 BATMAN 66 RADIOACTIVE BATMAN - tentative release date Nov 2022

[Pre-order:2022-11] Mcfarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV6 BATMAN 66 TWO-FACE COMIC - - tentative release date Nov 2022

We never saw two-face in the Batman '66 tv series, right? A few more figures that I'd like to see are Green Hornet and Kato (as they appeared in Batman) and False-Face (he creeped me out as a kid!).

Barnabas Collins
svl

Post by svl »

If the Two Face is the one that Alex Ross painted for the special one-off comic I'm in.

Got Catwoman in the mail yesterday. Picked up Freeze and the Cycle last week in store (cancelled my online order), wondering if anyone has found the Villain's Lair yet...
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

How can they do pink cowl Batman without Mad Hatter?? Two Face is ok, but I’d rather see real 66 villains like Egghead and Mad Hatter. So who’s all in the next couple waves because I’ve heard different line ups. Some say b&w versions of Robin/Riddler, Alfred As Batman, King Tut and others say Egghead instead of Tut. Now we see Pink Cowl Batman and Two Face. Very very happy about Pink Cowl Batman!!! I agree Green Hornet, Kato and Black Beauty would be awesome.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rickkrefft wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:27 pm How can they do pink cowl Batman without Mad Hatter??

I agree Green Hornet, Kato and Black Beauty would be awesome.
Well as much I too would love a Mad Hatter, the very cheap and easy nature of a pink cowl variant paint job on a figure they have already created is a no brainer on McFarlane's end.

As regards GH and Kato, sadly they're not covered as characters nor actor likenesses by the Batman '66 Merch license.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

I think '66 Two-Face is a welcome surprise!

Still holding out for:

Mad Hatter
Suit and Tie Riddler Variant
Batgirl
Batcopter
Batboat
Batgirl Cycle
Underworld United Masked Penguin Variant
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Your want list is very close to mine. My most desired are Egghead, King Tut, Mad Hatter, Pink Cowl Batman, Masked Penguin, Unmasked Catwoman (Julie) and Batgirl. Plus the Batcopter and Batboat. If they are gonna start doing ones based off the ‘66 comic I’d love Scarecrow and Poison Ivy. Wonder if the card art will be different for Two Face as he wasn’t action on the TV series. If they can do comic ones, why can’t we get Lee’s Catwoman from the movie? Im sure Lee would give her likeness rights.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

My McFarlane Mr Freeze finally arrived in a box today but I can't show you a photo of him because... the box contains a 4K steelbook of "LaLaLand". Grrrrr.

So annoyed.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Wow! Two-Face? Can we dream they'd model his likeness after William Shatner?