McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Ben Bentley »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:59 pm Nice review of the Wayne Manor Library playset, BatBoat, King Tut, and more.

Barnabas Collins

Thanks for sharing this, great to get a detailed view on the play set, but I have to admit that I find myself muting most of these YouTube people.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Sadly they left off the red trim on the Batboat.
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

rickkrefft wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:32 am Sadly they left off the red trim on the Batboat.
Good catch. Notice the McFarlane BatBoat is shown with red trim on target.com in most of the photos,but appears to be missing in the packaged photo of the boat on their site. This can probably be customized fairly easy with some trim tape.

Barnabas Collins
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

It is sad that McFarlane toys can get the Joker's face to match up with Cesar's, but Moebius, which is a larger model cannot.

I'd love to see one of our members turn the Batboat into an R.C. item that could be run on a local lake, pond, or stream.
Larry
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Larry A. wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:11 am It is sad that McFarlane toys can get the Joker's face to match up with Cesar's, but Moebius, which is a larger model cannot.

I'd love to see one of our members turn the Batboat into an R.C. item that could be run on a local lake, pond, or stream.
1/6 scale is the category where real actor likeness shines. There was the recent 1/6 Romero Joker released, and it captured his likeness almost perfectly.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Just for fun,

Mattel 2022 revenue $5.45 Billion
McFarlane revenue $19.8 million

One would think the little guy has more pressure for sales, but really it’s the big guy who needs the return, which is probably why we are seeing a deeper run of characters.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:59 am
Larry A. wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:11 am It is sad that McFarlane toys can get the Joker's face to match up with Cesar's, but Moebius, which is a larger model cannot.

1/6 scale is the category where real actor likeness shines. There was the recent 1/6 Romero Joker released, and it captured his likeness almost perfectly.
So much of the likeness or lack of one is in the painting of a small figure. The final effort always falls short. I've seen larger prototypes that looked amazing and then end up disappointing. I've also seen people repaint the small heads and get much better likeness without changing the original sculpt. When I am drawing or painting a face it can be just the difference of a small line here or there that determines the outcome.
I do agree the 1/6 figure sculpts can get incredible.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

:D
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Message from PimpmyBatmobile.com regarding the Batboat

“Lou, yeah I’ve got art ready that will work for it, but I’m not sure how many folks are going to be desperate for correcting a Batboat that takes so many liberties with the structure design. When I get one in hand, I can assess it better. But we could do a purely show hyper-accurate version and maybe a Corgi version for folks just wanting to be nostalgic.“
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:07 am Message from PimpmyBatmobile.com regarding the Batboat

“Lou, yeah I’ve got art ready that will work for it, but I’m not sure how many folks are going to be desperate for correcting a Batboat that takes so many liberties with the structure design. When I get one in hand, I can assess it better. But we could do a purely show hyper-accurate version and maybe a Corgi version for folks just wanting to be nostalgic.“
That sounds great, Scooter is the perfect person for this task. I just saw the custom Batgirl (complete w/Batgirl) that he's working on at a few different scales, he's a busy guy!
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Batman 66 McFarlane Figs Going Non Exclusive?

https://www.toyark.com/2023/03/17/batma ... ive-496778
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Entertainment Earth is now carrying this line: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/s/dc ... estsellers
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I think these are items they had too much stock on and to help Target clear the items McFarlane is finding other outlets. Perhaps the playsets and other vehicles didn’t sell as well as the Batcave and Batmobile did and there is still much of it left. Penguin surprises me as Target sold through him rather quickly, same with both Catwomen.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

rickkrefft wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:41 am I think these are items they had too much stock on and to help Target clear the items McFarlane is finding other outlets. Perhaps the playsets and other vehicles didn’t sell as well as the Batcave and Batmobile did and there is still much of it left. Penguin surprises me as Target sold through him rather quickly, same with both Catwomen.
Yes, but many of these items have not been released yet. Some of it even sold out a few times at Target.com too. Maybe Toddfather is experimenting with how he distributes this line.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

rickkrefft wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:41 am I think these are items they had too much stock on and to help Target clear the items McFarlane is finding other outlets. Perhaps the playsets and other vehicles didn’t sell as well as the Batcave and Batmobile did and there is still much of it left. Penguin surprises me as Target sold through him rather quickly, same with both Catwomen.
Let me propose an alternative scenario.
We've all noticed the collector section at Target is shrinking - and stuff just sits there for a long time (Pops, and some other stuff). Also Target is poor at this type of online store (our company works with Material Handling OEMs, and Target and some others don't know what they want, so are half committed to it, so it fails).

McFarlane Toys may have had a 1 year or 2 year exclusion with Target, and now are reaching out broader, so the usual suspects are appearing.

Good news for us who don't have time to visit stores repeatedly and fight the scalpers/employees. Sound plausible?