McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
BiffPow

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by BiffPow »

BatmiteReturns wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:05 am
BatToys wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:32 pm This Batgirl's face looks more like Leslie Grace who was the canceled Batgirl.
I thought the same thing. Perhaps McFarlane were going to do toys based on the batgirl movie and just repurposed the molds?
🤔
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

More new McFarlane 1966 Batman. '66 Batman robot! An all new '66 Batmobile or reissue?
I'm curious if the '66 Superman is George Reeves as I believe it is.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230527_140142_Facebook.jpg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BatToys wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:09 pm More new McFarlane 1966 Batman. '66 Batman robot! An all new '66 Batmobile or reissue?
What's the source on this list? With the line in parentheses about "assuming", this isn't directly lifted from the trade previews?

I totally understand reissuing the Batman/Robin figures and the Batmobile, but the rest of these concern me that we're maybe done with the TV series angle of this line? Doing a '66 comic Joker makes little sense to me given that they have Cesar's likeness from comic book art and for merchandising, so unless this is simply a repaint with a shift in the purple, I really am baffled as to why this is in the lineup?
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:30 pm
BatToys wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:09 pm More new McFarlane 1966 Batman. '66 Batman robot! An all new '66 Batmobile or reissue?
What's the source on this list? With the line in parentheses about "assuming", this isn't directly lifted from the trade previews?

I totally understand reissuing the Batman/Robin figures and the Batmobile, but the rest of these concern me that we're maybe done with the TV series angle of this line? Doing a '66 comic Joker makes little sense to me given that they have Cesar's likeness from comic book art and for merchandising, so unless this is simply a repaint with a shift in the purple, I really am baffled as to why this is in the lineup?
This is the source, and they are usually pretty reliable:

https://toynewsi.com/14-47594
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

I wonder if the '66 Batman robot will be 2 ft tall?
That would be cool.

I like all these new additions to the line. I'm very curious if the '66 Superman is based on George Reeves.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230527_145121_Google.jpg
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Why are they pursuing more from the comics? We still need plenty from the TV show and Lee Meriwether’s Catwoman from the film.

I could even see audition versions of Batman (both Adam West and Lyle Waggoner, tbh) like Funko did with the Chase version. I’d rather have even obscure TV show characters hands-down over additional comic book ones.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BiffPow wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:01 pm Why are they pursuing more from the comics? We still need plenty from the TV show and Lee Meriwether’s Catwoman from the film.

I could even see audition versions of Batman (both Adam West and Lyle Waggoner, tbh) like Funko did with the Chase version. I’d rather have even obscure TV show characters hands-down over additional comic book ones.
I agree with you wholeheartedly in principle - I would love to see the remaining TV villains that are available on the license (Eli Wallach, Roddy McDowell, Cliff Robertson etc. Lee and Lyle are not available though sadly.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Therin of Andor wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:25 am
BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:07 am
BiffPow wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:23 pm Catmobile.
Hmm. That seems like a stretch, not to mention obtaining the right to use Gene Winfield's Reactor (the season 3 "Catmobile" minus the garish "cat" add-ons) as the base of the vehicle.
Eaglemoss did a licensed model of the Eartha Kitt Kitty Car. Very cool!
I forgot about the Eaglemoss version. Still, do you believe McFarlane would produce this for a 6-inch figure line, and in what quantity? Just how many '66 / 6-inch figure fans would be interested in buying it?
Beneath Wayne Manor
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm not collecting the line but Lord Death Man is one of my favorite characters-- BATMAN #180 is my favorite comic from the era of the show. A Joker figure still sells better than a Bookworm would, so they do have to be strategic in how they choose characters, and repaint is much cheaper than a new mold. I'm impressed he went as deep as he did, if they do a George Reeves Superman I'd be in for that one.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

AndyFish wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:00 pm I'm not collecting the line but Lord Death Man is one of my favorite characters-- BATMAN #180 is my favorite comic from the era of the show. A Joker figure still sells better than a Bookworm would, so they do have to be strategic in how they choose characters, and repaint is much cheaper than a new mold. I'm impressed he went as deep as he did, if they do a George Reeves Superman I'd be in for that one.
Re: George Reeves figure; I'm hitting my "I agree with Andy" Button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Now we just have to convince Todd that a line of "Original Hollywood Heroes" would be saleable-- imagine a Lew Wilson Batman, a Kirk Alyn Superman, TOm Tyler as The Phantom and Captain Marvel and so on.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I think that’s a great idea, Andy!

Speaking of Tom Tyler, I read that he had a crippling disease and died relatively young and penniless. 😞 He did a great job as Captain Marvel. Very enjoyable and well done serial, for the time. Haven’t watched “the Phantom” yet.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

It is GREAT!!!!!!!!! And re: "Original Hollywood Heroes", again, I agree with Andy. If they ever made aq set, I'd love to havew a set.
Larry
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Will put “The Phantom” on our “to watch” list. Thanks.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

AndyFish wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:32 am Now we just have to convince Todd that a line of "Original Hollywood Heroes" would be saleable-- imagine a Lew Wilson Batman, a Kirk Alyn Superman, TOm Tyler as The Phantom and Captain Marvel and so on.
That would be great. I think hardcore fans would be willing to pay higher to make it worth his time to make them. I'd definitely pay higher for an Irish McCalla Sheena from the 1955 TV show. Also Irish was friends with Adam West from acting class and her sons would call him Uncle Bill. She was also good friends with Cesar Romero and he would take her to Cuba and both had to escape the Cuban revolution.

I have a picture of Irish McCalla with Cesar Romero somewhere.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210811-155721_Gallery.jpg