McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Therin of Andor »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:36 am The penny in the Batcave was originally a trophy from Batman's encounter with Penny Plunderer.
Ah, yes, Joe Coyne, of course.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I finally opened the box with the McFarlane lunch box. Holy Hot Box Lunch - that's a real metal full size Lunch box. Considering you get the first four figures, if you can buy it, do so. Hopefully my Grandson will like the old school Batman (not the Dark Knight) and take to these figures.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Yes. Interesting concept to do the repaints to match the characters as they appeared on the old 1966 Topps gum cards (blank eyes for Batman and Robin, blackish green hair and purple suit for the Joker, red bow tie and black top hat for Penguin).
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

The only mistake they made was Joker had a white shirt in the 1966 cards, not green.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah I think they're a stretch, I bought a set because I wanted the tin and I'm a big Saunders fan-- if you're on the fence wait until they go on clearance, I'd be a lot happier with them at half the price I paid.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Does somebody know why the MacFarlane Two Face figure has a 1929 Peace dollar when, in fact, there never was a 1929 Peace dollar minted? I’m guessing there’s a reason for it, but I’m just curious to know what it is. To my knowledge, it was always depicted as a 1922 Peace dollar.

Was it to avoid any allegation that they were making a counterfeit coin? That doesn’t seem necessary, given that there are replica plastic coins all the time. Maybe to avoid making one that has the word “copy” stamped on it? Or was it a subtle reference to the stock market crash of 1929?

Looking at the close up photo of the coin posted on here by resident “bat” man Barnabas Collins, it looks like the last “9” is actually thicker than the other numbers. I wonder if they changed it and had them re-stamped? Or changed the mold?
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

rickkrefft wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:38 am The only mistake they made was Joker had a white shirt in the 1966 cards, not green.
Good catch.
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

Another pic of Radioactive Batman and accessories, and also B&W Robin.

Barnabas Collins

Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

^ Have we finally escaped the scalloped edge of Robin's cape?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Saw this in a Facebook group that they're claiming they found them in Texas ?!?!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1668303627271.jpg
FB_IMG_1668303629614.jpg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

TysonL wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:42 pm Saw this in a Facebook group that they're claiming they found them in Texas ?!?!
Given that the wave these figures are in is not due until 2023 for North America, I find that very hard to believe, especially as we are due to see Egghead etc in the current before Tut and Two-Face.

I know certain Asian territories are months ahead on the release of these waves, so unless someone has ordered from one of the inflated resellers who have been listing the '66 McFarlane releases on eBay, that's the only viable reason I can foresee these showing up in the Lone Star state. For instance, I follow someone on Instagram who did that with the Egghead figure and has had him for nearly two months already, even prior to NYCC.

The photo of the Tut figure appears to be the exact same image from a YouTube video claiming to be the "first in hand" look at the figure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pIFtRNByrM
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:21 pm
TysonL wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:42 pm Saw this in a Facebook group that they're claiming they found them in Texas ?!?!
Given that the wave these figures are in is not due until 2023 for North America, I find that very hard to believe, especially as we are due to see Egghead etc in the current before Tut and Two-Face.

I know certain Asian territories are months ahead on the release of these waves, so unless someone has ordered from one of the inflated resellers who have been listing the '66 McFarlane releases on eBay, that's the only viable reason I can foresee these showing up in the Lone Star state. For instance, I follow someone on Instagram who did that with the Egghead figure and has had him for nearly two months already, even prior to NYCC.

The photo of the Tut figure appears to be the exact same image from a YouTube video claiming to be the "first in hand" look at the figure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pIFtRNByrM
That makes sense to me. I asked for clarification but I got no reply.... I just hope Egg Head starts to show up soon. The others give us something to look forward to next year !
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

I keep checking Target's pre-order page and no Egghead. I would think it would be there by now.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

johndeblasi wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:17 am I keep checking Target's pre-order page and no Egghead. I would think it would be there by now.
Exactly what I was thinking. No pre-order page for Egghead? C'mon McFarlane...
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Or is that "EGGSactly?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Larry