McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by AndyFish »

That Egghead is the bendable figure from NJ Croce.
svl

Post by svl »

Ah, haven't seen that one for some reason. Danke, Andy!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

svl wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:38 am Where is the Egghead figure in the pic from?
Set 2 of the NJ Croce bendy figures.

NJ Croce Batman bendable figures, Sets 1 & 2 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Set 1: Batman, Robin, Catwoman, Joker, Penguin.
Set 2: Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Egghead, Riddler.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Simon Trent

Post by Simon Trent »

Long time follower and love the board and sharing of information.
Found this update on Reddit this morning and wanted to share with the community.

Rumored next wave:

66 Batman 6" (US Target Exclusives)

Mcfarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV6 BATMAN 66 RADIOACTIVE BATMAN

Mcfarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV6 BATMAN 66 TWO-FACE (From recent comic book series)

McFarlane DC Retro 6IN WV5 Batman 66 Robin Black & White TV Variant

Mcfarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV6 BATMAN 66 KING TUT
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

In case this wasn’t posted yet
F2DE3680-2DAB-42E5-B8E7-86D1841BE411.jpeg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I cannot wait to see what King Tut looks like in this line! I'm still a little confused as to why we're getting a '66 comic figure before we've had the likes of Bookworm or Egghead but, I can't complain given that we're somehow six waves in to this range, which is far deeper than a lot of us would have anticipated even just at the start of this year.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

pejenson@gmail.com wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:52 am Long time follower and love the board and sharing of information.
Found this update on Reddit this morning and wanted to share with the community.

Rumored next wave:

66 Batman 6" (US Target Exclusives)

Mcfarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV6 BATMAN 66 RADIOACTIVE BATMAN

Mcfarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV6 BATMAN 66 TWO-FACE (From recent comic book series)

McFarlane DC Retro 6IN WV5 Batman 66 Robin Black & White TV Variant

Mcfarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV6 BATMAN 66 KING TUT
Thank you! Welcome to our Message Board!

I cannot wait to see what King Tut looks like in this line! I'm still a little confused as to why we're getting a '66 comic figure before we've had the likes of Bookworm or Egghead but, I can't complain given that we're somehow six waves in to this range, which is far deeper than a lot of us would have anticipated even just at the start of this year.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

That list shows 3 figures from Wave 6 and 1 from Wave 5. B&W Riddler was suppose to be released with B&W Robin. Some from Wave 5 look to be missing.
Cennis68

Post by Cennis68 »

I am very happy to see that this line of 66 Batman figures is still going, and I will purchase everything Mcfarlane does for this. Hope it continues to include more villains like Mad Hatter, Egghead, Bookworm, Masked Penguin, Un-masked Cat women, Lee Meriwether Cat woman, George Sanders and Eli Wallach Mr. Freeze, John Astin Riddler, A GOON 2-3 pack for each of the 4 main villains. The good guys, Commish Gordon, Chief O'Hara, Barbara Gordon, Batgirl, Alfred and Aunt Harriet, the Green Hornet and Kato. I am sure it has been discussed before but I missed it, why are there no weapons/accessories with the figures?
Therin of Andor

Cennis68 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:59 am ... Lee Meriwether Cat woman, George Sanders and Eli Wallach Mr. Freeze, John Astin Riddler, A GOON 2-3 pack for each of the 4 main villains. The good guys, Commish Gordon, Chief O'Hara, Barbara Gordon, Batgirl, Alfred and Aunt Harriet, the Green Hornet and Kato. I am sure it has been discussed before but I missed it, why are there no weapons/accessories with the figures?
The likeness rights for Yvonne Craig have run out. She did not wish them granted in-perpetuity. There has never been likeness rights established for Neil Hamilton or Madge Blake. Nor John Astin.

Lee's Catwoman and Green Hornet/Kato would be different licensing agreements.

I assume accessories were dropped to save expenses. Mr Freeze's hand is made to hold a weapon. But I assume a separate accessory pack is planned? There are a few accessories in the Villains' Lair playset.
Therin of Andor

Cennis68

Post by Cennis68 »

Anyone have any updates on the Target pre-orders for Mr. Freeze, B&W Batman, B&W Joker, Villains Lair, and Bat cycle?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Cennis68 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:55 am Anyone have any updates on the Target pre-orders for Mr. Freeze, B&W Batman, B&W Joker, Villains Lair, and Bat cycle?
Not sure on the pre-order situation but I've had Freeze and B&W Batman in hand that I bought off the peg for several weeks now. Still no sign of the Batcycle in the Targets i've been hitting whilst travelling across the country in the last month or so. The only person I've seen with the Villains Lair play set in hand is Ian in Australia!
Therin of Andor

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:00 pm Still no sign of the Batcycle in the Targets i've been hitting whilst travelling across the country in the last month or so. The only person I've seen with the Villains Lair play set in hand is Ian in Australia!
"Zing! Pop Culture" in Australia have had both the Villains' Lair and the Batcycle, plus the figures from that wave. I didn't feel the need to get the Batcycle as I already have several smaller versions.
Therin of Andor

cdub

Post by cdub »

In my area I just seen and picked up a B&W Batman off the peg yesterday. The MR. Freeze has been out there for a few months, as has the Batcycle. Still no Villain's Lair.
allknighters

Post by allknighters »

Found the B&W Batman at Target in the Buffalo area. Didn’t think I would like it but they really nailed it with the color palette!!
Attachments
1997AD7D-4AE8-443C-B10C-E644A374DA99.jpeg