McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by AndyFish »

The BW Batman certainly takes care of the problem of the wrong blue being used. I like the Cycle-- Otto has a gun holding hand but no freeze gun? Kinda lame, how's he supposed to fight back?

Kudos to McFarlane for extending the line, if I had kids small enough to be interested in these we'd be acting out Batman adventures on the living room floor.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

https://13thdimension.com/batman-66-dig ... ore-120323

Somedays you can't get rid of a super villain lair
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Batcycle looks great!

I'm always happy that anything is being made from this old of a show but with todays technology and the skill of todays digital and physical sculptors why do the figures colors and likeness end up just being "okay" ? I guess part of it is licenses but most of the time it just feels like rush and low effort. I've seen various figures get repaints by fans that make them look much better so maybe that part is what's lacking?

They may have left the United Underworld off the playset but it appears they left the shape of the sign correct for the person that wants to replace the graphic. That would be me.

I guess I need to get busy making a Mr Freeze gun for my new figure. ;?)
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

The target.com website has a number of discounted items, including the Batmobile.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

rsaffle wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:54 am Batcycle looks great!

I'm always happy that anything is being made from this old of a show but with todays technology and the skill of todays digital and physical sculptors why do the figures colors and likeness end up just being "okay" ? I guess part of it is licenses but most of the time it just feels like rush and low effort. I've seen various figures get repaints by fans that make them look much better so maybe that part is what's lacking?

They may have left the United Underworld off the playset but it appears they left the shape of the sign correct for the person that wants to replace the graphic. That would be me.

I’d be up for one sign when you make it!
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Lou Szabo wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:22 pm
rsaffle wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:54 am Batcycle looks great!

I’d be up for one sign when you make it!
Me too! A Penguin figure without an umbrella was wrong but a Mr. Freeze without a freeze gun is even worse and just makes the character look incomplete at best.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

The freeze gun that came with the 4” Funko Mr. Freeze is perfect scale. I compared it to my Riddler and Joker McFarlane figures and fits very nice. It’s oversized for 4” but just right for 6”
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

rickkrefft wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:09 pm The freeze gun that came with the 4” Funko Mr. Freeze is perfect scale. I compared it to my Riddler and Joker McFarlane figures and fits very nice. It’s oversized for 4” but just right for 6”
McFarlane is making a weapons pack for his other figure lines exclusively through his site. Maybe he is waiting to do the same for the Batman '66 line.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I've said it for a while now but I really do love this line from MacFarlane. The fact we're getting a pseudo-United Underworld is such a kick! If we're playing fantasy-figure-requests, i'd love a suited Frank to go in the movie lair!
JWLJN wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:15 am Searching Batman 66 on the Target app will yield listings for all of the new figures but you can’t pre-order them yet. The villains hideout is indeed from the movie, but I have a feeling that something licensing-wise prevented them from using “United Underworld” as the entire logo is changed. I don’t care for the stock art drawings of the four villains being used in lieu of the real logo, it harkens back to the Mattel card backs which I didn’t like, but it’s still a fun playset.
I think you've hit the nail on the head, great minds think alike and all that too - I said the exact same thing to Scott the day before yesterday when we were looking at the background of the Julie figure promo. The United Underworld logo will be an easy mod though!
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

Looks like we finally get Penguin's umbrella in the Villain's lair:

"Villain’s Lair includes lair walls, bookshelf, file cabinet, umbrella vase holder, umbrella, table with four chairs, table with radar, milk with saucer, and Hecate the cat"

Based on the photos, not sure they have captured Otto Preminger's likeness. The B&W figures seem pointless to me. The batcycle looks great. I preordered everything except the B&W figures.

Barnabas Collins
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:34 am Looks like we finally get Penguin's umbrella in the Villain's lair:

"Villain’s Lair includes lair walls, bookshelf, file cabinet, umbrella vase holder, umbrella, table with four chairs, table with radar, milk with saucer, and Hecate the cat"

Based on the photos, not sure they have captured Otto Preminger's likeness. The B&W figures seem pointless to me. The batcycle looks great. I preordered everything except the B&W figures.

Barnabas Collins
YESSS!!!! Thank you for pointing this out, Collinwood! I love that Penguin will have an umbrella at last!!!!!!
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

The Lair playset should have had more villain-specific accessories--like Hecate the Cat should have been Julie Newmar's gold cat statues from the tv episode, etc.

Barnabas Collins
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

It’s great to see something straight out of the movie. I’m thrilled with this playset. Can’t wait to see custom made stickers of the real United Underworld art slapped over that horrid art. It’s gonna really make it near perfect. I’m ok with not having Lee’s Catwoman. I mean I’d prefer to have her, but I’ve always wanted Julie in the movie anyway. I’m still hoping everyday we get Egghead, King Tut and Mad Hatter. This line is killing it with these latest additions. The Batcycle gives me hope we may see a Batcopter and Batboat. First time ever we’d have gotten all 4 in a toy line.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rickkrefft wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:30 pm It’s great to see something straight out of the movie. I’m thrilled with this playset. Can’t wait to see custom made stickers of the real United Underworld art slapped over that horrid art. It’s gonna really make it near perfect. I’m ok with not having Lee’s Catwoman. I mean I’d prefer to have her, but I’ve always wanted Julie in the movie anyway. I’m still hoping everyday we get Egghead, King Tut and Mad Hatter. This line is killing it with these latest additions. The Batcycle gives me hope we may see a Batcopter and Batboat. First time ever we’d have gotten all 4 in a toy line.
I echo this entirely! I'm super excited to customise the United Underworld lair. I'd love a version of Frank in his suit to go with it!