McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Larry A.

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Larry A. »

I haven't been following this thread so I was curious: has Mc Farlane released Yvonne/Batgirl yet? Thanks!
Larry
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

Larry A. wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:43 pm I haven't been following this thread so I was curious: has Mc Farlane released Yvonne/Batgirl yet? Thanks!
No, nor has it been announced.

Barnabas Collins
cdub

Post by cdub »

I was able to order the unmasked Batman at Target.com on 12/30/21 at 3:05 CST.
P.N. Gwynn

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

Thank you for the tip - got 2 at 950 EST

My want list is down to:
Unmasked Robin x2
Unmasked Riddler x2
Surf Batman x1

I got the masked Jokers x2 on eBay for just under $30 each, but I’m not looking to go too much more than that on the chase. Pain in the butt!
Barnabas Collins

This guy does a thorough video review of the new McFarlane retro Riddler figure. He also does a nice impression of Frank Gorshin's maniacal Riddler laugh. In his review, he claims that the Riddler sculpt reuses much of the Batman sculpt for various body parts.

Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins

Jczernich wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:56 am Anybody in the U.S. find the unmasked Riddler or Unmasked Batman yet?
Wondering if the unmasked Riddler is even available in the current Target wave. None are on ebay in the US, and if was available at Target in the US, the scalpers would have them on ebay. The only place I've seen it is on carousell by seller(s) in Singapore.

Barnabas Collins
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:35 pm
Jczernich wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:56 am Anybody in the U.S. find the unmasked Riddler or Unmasked Batman yet?
Wondering if the unmasked Riddler is even available in the current Target wave. None are on ebay in the US, and if was available at Target in the US, the scalpers would have them on ebay. The only place I've seen it is on carousell by seller(s) in Singapore.

Barnabas Collins
Interesting. If it was a plain ol' variant it would be showing up in the U.S. like masked Joker/unmasked Robin. Maybe it will be a regular release and not a variant?
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Jczernich wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:42 pm Interesting. If it was a plain ol' variant it would be showing up in the U.S. like masked Joker/unmasked Robin. Maybe it will be a regular release and not a variant?
The weird thing is, in Australia, I have never seen Unmasked Robin or Masked Joker - but all the regular Robins have been $40 at "Zing! Pop Culture" stores, when the rest of the figures have been $30. So that suggests that Robin is the shortpack?

But the Unmasked Riddler I found has a "McFarlane Platinum Edition" sticker on the bubble - and yet he was the same price as Masked Riddler. Unmasked Batman didn't have a sticker, and I have seen several of those figures.

McFarlane Riddler unmasked by Ian McLean, on Flickr

"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Therin of Andor wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:10 am
Jczernich wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:42 pm Interesting. If it was a plain ol' variant it would be showing up in the U.S. like masked Joker/unmasked Robin. Maybe it will be a regular release and not a variant?
The weird thing is, in Australia, I have never seen Unmasked Robin or Masked Joker - but all the regular Robins have been $40 at "Zing! Pop Culture" stores, when the rest of the figures have been $30. So that suggests that Robin is the shortpack?

But the Unmasked Riddler I found has a "McFarlane Platinum Edition" sticker on the bubble - and yet he was the same price as Masked Riddler. Unmasked Batman didn't a sticker, and I have seen several of those figures.

Well, I hope that Unmasked Riddler shows up in the U.S. soon. He is the only one left in this wave that I want that isn't currently on the way!
STEPhonIT

Re: Todd McFarlane Batmobile toy

Post by STEPhonIT »

I was hoping the figure detail would be a better than what I'd seen. So I'm out. I'm wondering is there a competitor who had made figure which appeared more accurate than the McFarlane brand?
AndyFish

Re: Todd McFarlane Batmobile toy

Post by AndyFish »

There's another longer thread devoted to the whole McFarlane Retro Batman line, which yes is licensed from DC. In terms of competitors the only other 1/12th scale figures released were the Mattel ones from several years ago. Whether or not you think those are better is a personal opinion.

There is a strong rumor that Mezco is going to do a 1:12 figure in that line, which features high detail, cloth costumes and a high price tag too. Mezco is notorious for not going deep, however, so there will likely be no Robin or other secondary characters, and they are even more notorious for taking FOREVER to get an item to shore-- there 3.75" set was announced years ago and has only now started appearing in Australia but yet not the US.

**Admin Note; The Batmobile thread has now been merged into the rest of the McFarlane thread that was already in progress as noted here by Andyfish**
Barnabas Collins

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures

Unmasked Adam West/Batman figure arrived from target.com this week. Figure looks pretty good, but seeing it I realize I'd prefer having Adam West/Bruce Wayne in snazzy street clothes (navy blazer with crest, dapper silk neck scarf, etc.). Also, if there's another playset, I'd want Bruce Wayne's study with the batpoles.

Barnabas Collins
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:31 am Unmasked Adam West/Batman figure arrived from target.com this week. Figure looks pretty good, but seeing it I realize I'd prefer having Adam West/Bruce Wayne in snazzy street clothes (navy blazer with crest, dapper silk neck scarf, etc.). Also, if there's another playset, I'd want Bruce Wayne's study with the batpoles.

Barnabas Collins
I'm with ya although a doubt a somewhat generic millionaire figure would sell with the kids. I don't understand the appeal of the unmasked Batman or Robin since other than the screen-test we never saw them like this. I do dig the masked Joker and Riddler figures.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:31 am Unmasked Adam West/Batman figure arrived from target.com this week. Figure looks pretty good, but seeing it I realize I'd prefer having Adam West/Bruce Wayne in snazzy street clothes (navy blazer with crest, dapper silk neck scarf, etc.). Also, if there's another playset, I'd want Bruce Wayne's study with the batpoles.

Barnabas Collins
I'm excited to see people's Bruce Wayne customs...

TherinOfAndor i'm looking at you ;)
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Finally decided to grab the Batmobile.
Attachments
IMG_20220108_181308_331.jpg