McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by AndyFish »

The only way I'd buy an Aunt Harriet figure is if she's tied up and hanging over a vat of whatever she was hanging over in the Zelda episode.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:13 am The only way I'd buy an Aunt Harriet figure is if she's tied up and hanging over a vat of whatever she was hanging over in the Zelda episode.
If Randy Saffle was in charge of this line that's totally a playset we'd be getting! :lol:
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

You guys forced me to upload it again. LOL
Attachments
AUNT HARRIET FIRE DOLL.jpg
AUNT HARRIET FIRE DOLL.jpg (105.79 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Roflmbo. :lol:
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Brilliant Randy! Anytime we can get you to put something in front of us again, I'm in.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

New from McFarlane. Lunchbox Box Set based on ‘66 cards out at the time the show was on. Plus Alfred As Batman.
Attachments
8BB00DD1-D9E8-4F5C-A22A-D4A372523245.jpeg
8BB00DD1-D9E8-4F5C-A22A-D4A372523245.jpeg (91.87 KiB) Viewed 2820 times
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

These are up for preorder at Target.com.

Barnabas Collins

rickkrefft wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:31 am New from McFarlane. Lunchbox Box Set based on ‘66 cards out at the time the show was on. Plus Alfred As Batman.
Barnabas Collins

Can someone explain the point of doing Batman and Robin's eyes in this manner? Lunchbox set up for preorder at target.com for $59.99 (comes with four figures, lunchbox, and four trading cards). Paint app variations for Joker and Penguin.

Barnabas Collins
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The new Batman paint app is closer to the TV show colors, but the white eyes are an homage to the trading cards-- which is the color scheme he's going for with Joker and Penguin. The irony is the original Batman figure color is closer to the card art color-- and in most of those cards, painted by the great Norm Saunders and Bob Powell featured visible eyes for Batman and Robin.
I love those old cards, I like the tin, don't care about the figures although it would be nice to have a correct blue for Batman, but I doubt I'd pay $60 for a tin.

Alfred on a muscle body looks terrible. The whole joke was that he was so thin.
Barnabas Collins

As suspected, looks like the Alfred as Batman figure (left) uses the same body sculpt as the Batman figure (right).

Barnabas Collins
Barnabas Collins

AndyFish wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:00 am The new Batman paint app is closer to the TV show colors, but the white eyes are an homage to the trading cards-- which is the color scheme he's going for with Joker and Penguin. The irony is the original Batman figure color is closer to the card art color-- and in most of those cards, painted by the great Norm Saunders and Bob Powell featured visible eyes for Batman and Robin.
I love those old cards, I like the tin, don't care about the figures although it would be nice to have a correct blue for Batman, but I doubt I'd pay $60 for a tin.

Alfred on a muscle body looks terrible. The whole joke was that he was so thin.
Thanks for reply about Batman/Robin's eyes. And yes, Alfred needed a taller, skinny body.

Barnabas Collins
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

The lunchbox is pretty neat, i'm sure there are people out there who the white eyed figures will resonate based on their love of the trading cards.

I'm still not seeing the Batcycle out there in the wild. I've been travelling across multiple states over the last month and i've not run across one as yet despite my efforts.
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:16 am The lunchbox is pretty neat, i'm sure there are people out there who the white eyed figures will resonate based on their love of the trading cards.

I'm still not seeing the Batcycle out there in the wild. I've been travelling across multiple states over the last month and i've not run across one as yet despite my efforts.
I just found the Batcycle yesterday in store.. I used Brickseek to locate it.

Here is the link for the lunchbox.
https://www.target.com/p/dc-comics-retr ... A-86832859
Barnabas Collins

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:16 am The lunchbox is pretty neat, i'm sure there are people out there who the white eyed figures will resonate based on their love of the trading cards.

The Batcycle is (presently) hard to find. I've gone in multiple Targets the last few weeks and saw the Batcycle only once--the store had two and I bought one. The current spotty distribution could have to do with the Target toy department re-sets in-process, but that is my speculation. Speaking of which, here's a new review of the McFarlane Batcycle by dhunter. He compares it to the Hot Wheels Batcycle that is similarly sized.

Barnabas Collins