McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Therin of Andor »

rickkrefft wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:25 pm Pink Cowl Batman, King Tut and Two Face are all in USA on e-Bay from a NY seller.
I wasn't actually planning on getting Pink Cowl Batman but, as a set of three, the international postage evens out a little. Better than buying the other two individually. No sign of the Egghead wave Down Under yet, either, but I secured one of him before Christmas.

Many thanks for the heads-up.

I love that we are getting the Harlan Ellison comic book Two-Face. That's as close as a canonical TV '66 villain we will get with him. He's actually quite William Shatnerish, too, so he even works as a "Batman vs Two-Face" animated figure!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

You’re welcome. I’m pretty thrilled we will be getting Wayne Manor Playset, Batboat and Batgirl (66 Comic version) next. In all honesty I’ll buy all McFarlane puts out in this line but my priorities are a Batcopter, Mad Hatter and Alffed. Rounding out my top 5 would be a Batgirl Cycle and Jokermobile (but Batcopter my #1)

I also really like Two Face and glad they made him. I would definitely buy a 66 Comic Scarecrow and Poison Ivy as well.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Tut and two-face found in Dallas. They're coming.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:32 am Tut and two-face found in Dallas. They're coming.
Do we know if the person in Dallas definitely found the figures in store at Target? There's a guy in New York state who is selling multiple Tut/Pink Cowl/Two Face on eBay and has done so very early for each of the last few waves, but I believe that he is importing from one of the Asian markets and reselling at a premiium.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I didn’t ask, but a Northeast Ohio collectors group posted Egghead at Target in Canton OH. Looking for that Dallas thread...
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Lou Szabo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:58 pm I didn’t ask, but a Northeast Ohio collectors group posted Egghead at Target in Canton OH. Looking for that Dallas thread...
I live in Dallas and I haven't seen any yet.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I have my own custom Pink cowl, and I just picked up Batgirl (Mattel) as I sold off a bunch of stuff to buy the Ultimate cowl from Chuck! (Priorities and no grandkids).
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Picked up Egghead from my local Target in Rochester NY. Left 2 on the shelf, and lots of the b/w Robins and Riddlers.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I like the Pink Cowl version-- called Radioactive Batman-- it looks like the cowl has a bit of translucence to it?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Hi gang,

There's a FB group strictly for McFarlane Retro Batman figures. the moderator just posted a link to a company with both a US and Canadian web site that carries these:
US
https://figurineforall.com/search?type= ... tro+batman
Canada
https://figurineforall.ca/search?type=p ... farlane+66

There's no free shipping, but the prices are comparable to Target. Just ordered a threesome of Tut/Two-Face/Pink Cowl and an extra Tut and BW Robin.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:35 am Hi gang,

There's a FB group strictly for McFarlane Retro Batman figures. the moderator just posted a link to a company with both a US and Canadian web site that carries these:
US
https://figurineforall.com/search?type= ... tro+batman
Canada
https://figurineforall.ca/search?type=p ... farlane+66

There's no free shipping, but the prices are comparable to Target. Just ordered a threesome of Tut/Two-Face/Pink Cowl and an extra Tut and BW Robin.
Having just done the background check on that site (it scored 82/100) the business address appears to be the same seller I mentioned that is selling the figures on eBay in New York state.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Is that good or bad? I bet I’ve lost about $1200 or so over the years on Batman scams. That false Face character is everywhere.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:39 pm Is that good or bad? I bet I’ve lost about $1200 or so over the years on Batman scams. That false Face character is everywhere.
The rating is ok, as it appears to be very new website which in safety terms, "low-traffic" sites get flagged in order to alert users to sites that might be pretending to be a different (legit) popular website. But in this case I made the New York eBay reference because my pal David has ordered and now received his figures from them.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Picked up Egghead a couple of days ago. Why is he so small? Vincent Price was 6’4” not counting the oversized head makeup, and McFarlane’s Egghead is shorter than Joker and Catwoman!

And, when compared with the 1/12 McFarlane Captain Kirk, it’s obvious that the 1966 Batman figures are more like 1/14 scale.
Attachments
DE3EA6B6-6E32-4A92-A112-8CCD95433D64.jpeg
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

BiffPow wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:47 am Picked up Egghead a couple of days ago. Why is he so small? Vincent Price was 6’4” not counting the oversized head makeup, and McFarlane’s Egghead is shorter than Joker and Catwoman!

And, when compared with the 1/12 McFarlane Captain Kirk, it’s obvious that the 1966 Batman figures are more like 1/14 scale.
It there's one thing about action figure manufacturing decisions that's always bugged me, its the corners cut ($) when producing lines based on real actors, where its not uncommon for one mold to be used (or re-used) for a number of characters, even if the actors they're based on have completely different body types. I've avoided collecting certain figures lines based on that problem.

Thankfully, companies such as Hot Toys were all about attention to detail, including accurate scales (e.g., ANH Luke Skywalker compared to ANH Darth Vader, et al.), which is a great selling point (along with the excellent likenesses, of course).
Beneath Wayne Manor