McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:15 pm I know Ben is not letting go of his Mattel version
You know me all too well, Sir! ;)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:22 pm Great pics- I like that it's toy-like and takes up so much less space-- the Mattel is a shelf eater!
That beacon on the McF looks more accurate than the Mattel version. If I see one, I may need to buy it....

I did buy the later release of the Mattel a year or so ago - the one with both Batman and Robin included. I'll have to rebuy the Batcave Batman from Mattel to get that Batcomputer.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

New Update: Batcave delayed another week to August 17, and I had to approve the delay. Watch your email for the delay notice from Target
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

Same here.
Jeff Cope

Post by Jeff Cope »

6C3D0D55-475B-42F5-8BA5-A0CBEBD8C3BF.jpeg
A friend of mine was sent some of the McFarlane 66 figures (he works in licensing). Just thought I’d share this image with y’all. I think the figures look much better here than in previous images I’d seen.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That packaging looks great. Not sure why it’s 12+ for ages, as I would have thought 5+ would work. Can you see a little kid getting carded because he wants a Batman figure? :lol:
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

058B8570-7E4F-4185-AC15-D07AF85FC86E.jpeg
Delayed to August 24...
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

Jeff Cope wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:48 pm 6C3D0D55-475B-42F5-8BA5-A0CBEBD8C3BF.jpeg A friend of mine was sent some of the McFarlane 66 figures (he works in licensing). Just thought I’d share this image with y’all. I think the figures look much better here than in previous images I’d seen.
It's kind of a shame that the capes have to be flippped up like that. I suppose I would open them anyway, but it you want to display them in their package it kind of messes with the aesthetic :/
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Jeff Cope wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:48 pm A friend of mine was sent some of the McFarlane 66 figures (he works in licensing). Just thought I’d share this image with y’all. I think the figures look much better here than in previous images I’d seen.
Not fussed on these. If I was getting them, I would certainly be removing the scallops from Robin's cape. He just looks too young here. And I think Mattel did the cowl/cape meeting better.

What I did order, though, was the McFarlane Batcave (I had originally assumed it was coming with figures, so I was pleased it doesn't) and it should work very nicely with the Mattel line) and a McFarlane Joker, since the squared shoulders of Mattel's Joker really annoys me. McFarlane face sculpt seems excellent.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I think the in hand photos look so much better than what I've seen before. Yeah Robin is a bit too cherub but I've never been a Robin fan anyway so easy pass for me. Batman actually looks good-- amazing how placing the chest emblem up higher than Funko and Mezco did simply gives him less of a "Dad bod" and makes him look less frumpy.

I just checked Target and still out of stock, but I noticed the whole line has nothing but 1 Star reviews with no commentary which makes me suspect it's angry collectors who are mad that they are out of stock, rather than judging the actual figures.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

or speculators....mad they can't turn them over on eBay.
Therin of Andor

AndyFish wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:20 am I just checked Target and still out of stock...
Was just notified my Joker and now Batcave are supposedly in transit to Sydney, Australia, from two different sources.
Therin of Andor

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Did you see the guy on eBay selling a Batcave out of Australia?
Therin of Andor

Lou Szabo wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:26 am Did you see the guy on eBay selling a Batcave out of Australia?
Yes, this Batcave coming from elsewhere in Australia.
Therin of Andor

AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I hope nobody is paying scalper prices. On the Target app they are listed with add to cart buttons now, still out of stock but I suspect available soon enough.