McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Lou Szabo »

Hi Ben,
That’s why I asked if it was easier to find/buy Batman stuff here / living here versus buying and living in the UK?

I hope that’s a bit clearer..
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:13 pm Hi Ben,
That’s why I asked if it was easier to find/buy Batman stuff here / living here versus buying and living in the UK?

My apologies! I don't think my morning coffee had hit my frontal lobe when I replied initially... :lol:

The answer to your actual question is: For the most part it is easier in US, given that *most* of the brands dealing with the licence are based in North America. That being said, I believe I probably had an easier time with the Eaglemoss releases whilst living in the UK.
allknighters

Post by allknighters »

Found me a penguin today at Target in Orlando!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:23 pm
Lou Szabo wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:13 pm Hi Ben,

My apologies! I don't think my morning coffee had hit my frontal lobe when I replied initially... :lol:

The answer to your actual question is: For the most part it is easier in US, given that *most* of the brands dealing with the licence are based in North America. That being said, I believe I probably had an easier time with the Eaglemoss releases whilst living in the UK.
Ben, I've had no problems whatsoever dealing with Eaglemoss here in Ohio.
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

The only thing Eaglemoss messed up was cancelling my 1966 Batman Watch after 4 months on order. I used to travel to Germany every 3 weeks for 3 years. ToysRUs was a must visit every time to grab any German packaged Batman goodies. In all that time, Imay have found 1 or 2 items. Pickings were slim, that was the reason for my question. Target is making deliveries today!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:57 am The only thing Eaglemoss messed up was cancelling my 1966 Batman Watch after 4 months on order. I used to travel to Germany every 3 weeks for 3 years. ToysRUs was a must visit every time to grab any German packaged Batman goodies. In all that time, Imay have found 1 or 2 items. Pickings were slim, that was the reason for my question. Target is making deliveries today!
The UK was definitely behind on the arrival of new merch. Like you said, Europe had Toys R Us (which is soon returning to the UK, but that's another story), but for instance it was nearly six to eight months after the Mattel line of 6' figures was released here in the US that I started to see them appear on shelves over there. I remember waiting an extremely long time for Batmobile in that range. I believe the McFarlane '66 range is available over there, albeit from online retailers, but I picked up my wave one figures and Batcave back in October whilst I was in the US for work at that point, prior to moving permanently.
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

I spoke too soon. Target.com pre-order snafus again. I got notice a week ago my order shipped (Penguin and Catwoman) and would arrive today. Today I got notice that Target.com needed my approval for a delay. :roll: :cry: :ugeek:

Barnabas Collins
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:41 pm I spoke too soon. Target.com pre-order snafus again. I got notice a week ago my order shipped (Penguin and Catwoman) and would arrive today. Today I got notice that Target.com needed my approval for a delay. :roll: :cry: :ugeek:

Barnabas Collins
Sorry to hear that! Honestly, if you're in reasonable driving distance, they seem to on pegs across the country now.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:49 pm
Barnabas Collins wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:41 pm I spoke too soon. Target.com pre-order snafus again. I got notice a week ago my order shipped (Penguin and Catwoman) and would arrive today. Today I got notice that Target.com needed my approval for a delay. :roll: :cry: :ugeek:

Barnabas Collins
Sorry to hear that! Honestly, if you're in reasonable driving distance, they seem to on pegs across the country now.
Anybody spot them in Massachusetts yet?
Barnabas Collins

I found S3 Catwoman (Eartha Kitt) and Penguin in-store at a Target yesterday. They look great! A good unboxing video of Catwoman from a youtuber linked below. He also has a Penguin unboxing vid on his channel.

Anyone heard how S1 Catwoman (Julie Newmar) will be distributed outside of the SDCC on-site convention? In the limited, preliminary (leaked?) info, I noticed it is being called "gold label," which makes me wonder how challenging it will be for non-convention goers to obtain. :ugeek: :?

Barnabas Collins

Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:12 am I found S3 Catwoman (Eartha Kitt) and Penguin in-store at a Target yesterday. They look great! A good unboxing video of Catwoman from a youtuber linked below. He also has a Penguin unboxing vid on his channel.

Anyone heard how S1 Catwoman (Julie Newmar) will be distributed outside of the SDCC on-site convention? In the limited, preliminary (leaked?) info, I noticed it is being called "gold label," which makes me wonder how challenging it will be for non-convention goers to obtain. :ugeek: :?

Barnabas Collins

You found it in Colinsport, ME?!
svl

Post by svl »

Saw Penguin in a Target in Hempstead, NY.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:12 am Anyone heard how S1 Catwoman (Julie Newmar) will be distributed outside of the SDCC on-site convention? In the limited, preliminary (leaked?) info, I noticed it is being called "gold label," which makes me wonder how challenging it will be for non-convention goers to obtain. :ugeek: :?
No word on that as yet, SDCC exclusives don't usually get talked about in specific terms until much nearer the convention. I'm not attending this year, so like you and many others, i'll be really interested in how to go about getting my mits on the Julie exclusive.
Barnabas Collins

The Eartha Kitt Catwoman figure is really nice. Anyone else notice the caboose on this figure? :o :lol: Meanwhile, the only thing the figure needs is to paint her fingernails gold, which I'll be doing when I figure out the right paint-type that will stick. Anyone have any ideas?

Barnabas Collins
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Model paint worked on the Pink cowl. Are you using a brush or a paint pen. if a paint pen, get the thinnest you can find, less than 1mm wide.

https://www.jetpens.com/Pilot-Juice-Pai ... 50508bfa96