McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Therin of Andor »

Larry A. wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:47 pm Imo, I think the above "Bat girl" is a disgusting version designed to cater to ???????????????????????????????????????????????????
This current era of a reimagined Batgirl is aimed at young girls. There have been little graphic novels, short novels and chapter books with teen versions of the female DC heroines.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Therin of Andor wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:11 pm
Larry A. wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:47 pm Imo, I think the above "Bat girl" is a disgusting version designed to cater to ???????????????????????????????????????????????????
This current era of a reimagined Batgirl is aimed at young girls. There have been little graphic novels, short novels and chapter books with teen versions of the female DC heroines.
Actually, other than this statue being designed very cutesy, the comic run that it's based upon is quite serious, and very well developed. She's not a teen here at all. It's not specifically catering to young teens although it is much more culturally aware of young adult lifestyle. She's more independent and much more detective tech savvy than many other interpretations. And she doesn't ride a little motor scooter. One of the better Bat reads I experienced in years. The art is more contemporary and animated looking much like so many other comics but the writing is top-notch. If one is simply looking for Batgirl to be victimized, and held hostage for somebody else to save her as so many titles in the past, then this title isn't for them.

But we're straying off topic here.

Some of the actual comic:
Batgirl (2011-) - The Batgirl of Burnside v1-024.jpg
Batgirl (2011-) - The Batgirl of Burnside v1-013.jpg
Batgirl (2011-) - The Batgirl of Burnside v1-021.jpg
Batgirl (2011-) - The Batgirl of Burnside v1-022.jpg
Batgirl (2011-) - The Batgirl of Burnside v1-106.jpg
Now BACK to the topic at hand.
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

dHunter over on youtube reviews the Target 4-figure lunchbox set, including comparison to the original versions of the same figures. The new paint scheme for the Joker figure (especially his hair) is my favorite in the set.

Barnabas Collins

Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

I sill do not see Egghead on Target.com. Anybody see him in stores on the East Coast? Massachusetts?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jczernich wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:28 am I sill do not see Egghead on Target.com. Anybody see him in stores on the East Coast? Massachusetts?
The pre-orders haven't started for Egghead yet which means we're probably still 2-4 weeks from seeing him on pegs in store if the previous waves have been anything to go by.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:11 am
Jczernich wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:28 am I sill do not see Egghead on Target.com. Anybody see him in stores on the East Coast? Massachusetts?
The pre-orders haven't started for Egghead yet which means we're probably still 2-4 weeks from seeing him on pegs in store if the previous waves have been anything to go by.
I know that's usually the case, but I thought I saw someone on here finding Egghead at USA Targets already. Was I mistaken?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jczernich wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:49 pm
I know that's usually the case, but I thought I saw someone on here finding Egghead at USA Targets already. Was I mistaken?
The only people i've seen online with the Egghead in-hand are in Asia.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:58 pm
Jczernich wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:49 pm

The only people i've seen online with the Egghead in-hand are in Asia.
Gotcha! Thanks, Ben!
Ken Holtzhouser

Post by Ken Holtzhouser »

united2.jpg
A wish list for this action figure line:
I'd love to see single pack and two pack figure sets. It would be a way to position potential "peg warmers" with a key figure.
For instance, a MAD HATTER with a repainted Contaminated Cowl BATMAN (maybe even glow in the dark?)
Or a BRUCE WAYNE figure with AUNT HARRIET and a DICK GRAYSON figure with ALFRED?
A FLASE FACE figure with CHIEF O HARA (maybe with removeable heads for FF?)
OLGA, Queen of the Cossacks with a repainted EGGHEAD?

As for Future Arch Villains, I think the following would look good in the aisles:
THE BOOKWORM
THE CLOCK KING
THE RIDDLER (in suit)
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I’d love Bruce, Dick and Alfred to go with the upcoming Wayne Manor Playset. Mad Hatter and Riddler in suit are the villains I want most from the show, but I’d also like 66 comic Scarecrow and Poison Ivy. The Batcopter my number 1 want right now.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Ken Holtzhouser wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:59 am united2.jpgA wish list for this action figure line:
I'd love to see single pack and two pack figure sets. It would be a way to position potential "peg warmers" with a key figure.
For instance, a MAD HATTER with a repainted Contaminated Cowl BATMAN (maybe even glow in the dark?)
Or a BRUCE WAYNE figure with AUNT HARRIET and a DICK GRAYSON figure with ALFRED?
A FLASE FACE figure with CHIEF O HARA (maybe with removeable heads for FF?)
OLGA, Queen of the Cossacks with a repainted EGGHEAD?

As for Future Arch Villains, I think the following would look good in the aisles:
THE BOOKWORM
THE CLOCK KING
THE RIDDLER (in suit)
I love the fact that the Penguin in the photo is Mattel! It trumps the McFarlane version which looks more like the TV show stuntman!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Regarding the Batgirl re-design, I can tell you with expert knowledge that the design was based on Yvonne's look as a way of doing a homage while making it look modern and like something a young woman of fashion would put together.

Further insider info, my wife, fresh off her work on Spider-Woman for Marvel, was contacted by DC to do this series and submit some sample pages. She's a big batgirl fan...

She was a finalist for it, but then other work got in the way so she didn't get the assignment, but it would have been fun. Modern Batman comics seem no longer for me, but the recent series by my buddy Chip Zdarsky is rumored to be fun so I'm going to check that out.

Bottom line, don't dismiss newer versions as junk, there is more to Bat-lore than just 1966.
Barnabas Collins

New accessories

Post by Barnabas Collins »

Notice that King Tut and radioactive Batman each have two new accessories. Two-face has the coin accessory. Notice the new logo for the Two-face package.

Barnabas Collins

Jczernich

Re: New accessories

Post by Jczernich »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:07 am Notice that King Tut and radioactive Batman each have two new accessories. Two-face has the coin accessory. Notice the new logo for the Two-face package.

Barnabas Collins

Nice! Where did you get the pic?
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

B&W Riddler also includes his cane, but sadly in B&W. We really need this version in color.